Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2287

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Haha, Doan and Smith with game misconducts for their hissy fits during the handshakes.
    They should both be ashamed of themselves for that. Unsportsmanlike BS. I hope they never win anything.

BROWN! Kings! And Penner with just a beautiful goal. I cannot wait to get to my seats for the first home game of the Stanley Cup!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    They should both be ashamed of themselves for that. Unsportsmanlike BS. I hope they never win anything.
    Oh, get off your high horse. I'm sure you all would act like perfect little angels if you just saw your teammate get rocked after a blown whistle with no penalty called, saw him carried off the ice and then saw your season end a few seconds later. Please. But I actually hope the NHL doesn't suspend Brown. If they do suspend him it would just make the loss hurt more knowing what happened immediately following the no-call could have been very different.
    8/29-Classixx (Crescent Ballroom)
    9/19-Eric Prydz (The Pressroom)
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

wait. Are Kings fans actually complaining about Coyotes being unsportsmanlike... during the handshakes? Right after Brown's dirty hit with intent to injure and subsequent no-call? You have to be fucking kidding me. Unsportsmanlike BS? fuck that. that's just stupid talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Brown's hit was not dirty and there was absolutely no intent to injure. it was unfortunate, but he lead with his upper body and the knee made contact.

I still think he might get a game for it, but it was not dirty or intentional.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

He stuck his fucking knee out. You're deluding yourself if you think anything else. It's clear on the replay he stuck his knee out. Anyone not wearing Kings blinders could see it plain as day. Rozsival has to be carried off the ice and Brown doesn't even get a penalty? The NHL is turning into the NBA with that sort of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

here's what I said last night:

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if Brown sat for a game. I actually wish he was called on that play so that the NHL would say that the punishment was fitting instead of calling a Shanniban. since there wasn't a call on the ice, Brown could sit for a game.

If he sits for a game, expect Gagne to dress in game 1. he was recently cleared for full contact and has been practicing for a few weeks now. I'd love to see some of his SCF playoff magic coming off of an injury like he's done in Philly and it could be just the shot in the arm that the Kings feeble power play needs.

Kings are making me a very happy girl this year!!! GO KINGS GO!!!
    not sure where you think the blinders comment applies here. if you remember I also said Doan shouldn't have been suspended for his hit. I'm not saying that Brown shouldn't have been called for a penalty, he should have! you're responsible for your actions on the ice, but his hit was NOT dirty and there was no INTENT to injure. that's all I'm saying. if he gets a game, it's because there wasn't a penalty during the game.

ETA: most fans on HF say the hit was unfortunate, but clean, and that there shouldn't be any subsequent action: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1194631&page=2
    Last edited by scenicworld; 05-23-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Morris on the other hand. lead with a knee in game 2, had the intent to injure and only got 2 for roughing. of all the plays in that game, that was the one that deserved a suspension the most.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    Morris on the other hand. lead with a knee in game 2, had the intent to injure and only got 2 for roughing. of all the plays in that game, that was the one that deserved a suspension the most.
    Exactly.

Phoenix and their fans are hardly ones to talk about "dirty hits" after their disgusting display in game 2. And there have been way rougher finishes to series where the handshake is still civil. Your team got beat by a better team in the Kings and Brown's hit wasn't going to prevent that outcome. But if that's my "high horse" I'm up on, I'll come down off it now. We have a Stanley Cup to win here.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I was worried about Doughty's mental game in the 3rd. Refs blew that interference call because Doughty had a clear lane and the Coyotes' player was holding his arm and stick. Then, that offsides call that was clearly held in almost made him return to Doughty 2010 mode where his attitude cost us a game or 2 due to him taking bad penalties. He's really lucky he didn't get an unsportsmanlike conduct on that interference call. Good on Scuds to intervene and get him calmed down in time.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Hopefully the sale goes through because now we finally have a good rivalry with bad blood going. It'd be a shame for this to be the last of it. And if the sale does go through then watch out because if this is what Tipp and GM DM can do with a limited budget, then just imagine what they can do when they can go out and spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    Hopefully the sale goes through because now we finally have a good rivalry with bad blood going. It'd be a shame for this to be the last of it. And if the sale does go through then watch out because if this is what Tipp and GM DM can do with a limited budget, then just imagine what they can do when they can go out and spend.
    Agreed. I'm hoping for the best for your team. As I said earlier, I very much enjoyed the game I watched their in Glendale and the team is vastly improved over recent years. And although I thought this series would go a bit longer, the truth is a couple of the games were just damned exciting hockey. Watching the NJ/NY series has been a bit dull by comparison.

yeah, I agree too. that's the kind of series that makes for a good rivalry instead of the artificial rivalry we have with the Ducks. Lately I've considered LA's main rival to be Vancouver, but after this series I think Phoenix has taken that title. it would be a shame if they wound up in QC.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

And also, if we come off as bitter just remember what Phoenix has been through in the last five years: the Amar'e/Diaw suspensions (along with the crooked ref), the Saints' bounty on Warner, a juiced Ryan Braun and now the ending to last night's game. We've been punched in the gut a lot.

I would LOVE to argue about how clean the hit was and how any knee-knee contact was incidental, but as a Kings fan its just pointless... That play was just too fast and too close to call; it could have gone either way and I would have been just as pissed as Phoenix is now if that play resulted in a penalty.

how long after the whistle did they hit each other, half a second? where was the time for him to pull up?

has there been any information on what the injury was?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-23-2012 at 10:26 AM.

how long after the whistle did they hit each other, half a second? where was the time for him to pull up?

The whistle blew literally right as Brown was leading in on the check. During the JR and Milbury argument in the post-game analysis Milbury claimed that Brown had optimal time and space to stop the check, which is complete bs in my opinion. He had two Kings on both sides of him, and literally no time. He finished the play and got his shoulder and left half of his body on Rozsival's body

Phoenix literally has no room to talk after Tippet was bitching about diving and then Rozsival took a blatant dive after a little whack by Penner in OT. It was a tough physical game with some bad officiating, and I have lost lots of respect for Smith for his cheap shots, despite how well he played in the playoffs.
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    He stuck his fucking knee out. You're deluding yourself if you think anything else. It's clear on the replay he stuck his knee out. Anyone not wearing Kings blinders could see it plain as day. Rozsival has to be carried off the ice and Brown doesn't even get a penalty? The NHL is turning into the NBA with that sort of crap.
    you whine more than mike smith
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Oh the "after the whistle" complaints are bs for sure...

jesus the coyotes are chalked full of the biggest bunch of fucking babies in the NHL next to the Canucks. I really hope Shane Doan gets boarded into a concussion next season and his chippy-assed gerry cheever grade post game handshake horse shit is put to a halt entirely. In no way should a team captain ever act like that (and I'm saying that as a fan of a team who has one of the slipperiest shits in the NHL as theirs). A helluva season bookended by a couple of canadian nincompoops shitting their pull-ups in public at center ice.
    Last edited by Grandma; 05-23-2012 at 10:44 AM.

I don't think I have ever heard so much bitching about hits in a season, it's like these people have never watched a hockey game before...
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    even if their knee's hit it wasn't the only part of the body that made contact. it was a full body hit with everything else hitting at the same time.

when you play with the big dawgs ya get hurt!

Go Kings! Fuck a Coyote.

No hearing scheduled for Dustin Brown
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Honestly, I'm more upset about the delay of game penalty the refs didn't call.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    Honestly, I'm more upset about the delay of game penalty the refs didn't call.
    I can see why, but I think it should have been icing.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Best game of the series so far between NJ/NY. I think announcers are overplaying it a bit. But it is a good one.

Late Wednesday and I am still awaiting news on Rozsival's leg injury. I'm sure it will be dire!

Chicago never said anything about Hossa's injury after Raffi's hit.