Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2287

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    Article on azcentral says that the Coyotes are anticipating either a Saturday or Sunday start.
    But are they really anticipating, or are they hoping?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The LA Kings blogger says sunday:

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/09...kings-coyotes/

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Insider
    The New York Rangers and Washington Capitals are headed to a Game 7 on Saturday in their second-round series, making it almost certain that the Kings and Phoenix Coyotes will start the Western Conference Finals on Sunday. In fact, NBC Sports Network had an on-air graphic that noted a 5 p.m. Pacific start time. (It’s still baffling that the NHL, one of the four major North American sports leagues, can’t effectively communicate dates and times for its playoff games.) There are no conflicts at Jobing.com Arena over the next week, so a Sunday-Tuesday start would be possible. The big factor will be when Staples Center is available for Games 3 and 4, in the likely event that both the Lakers and Clippers advance to the second round of the NBA playoffs.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

That's very helpful, thanks!
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

no way they miss out on a major network broadcast and the money it brings.

http://ht.ly/aPCKK

Saturday, May 12: Washington @ NY Rangers, Eastern Conference Semifinal Game 7, series tied 3-3 (7:30 p.m., ET, NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
    Sunday, May 13: Los Angeles @ Phoenix, Western Conference Final Game 1 (8 p.m., ET, NBCSN, TSN, RDS)
    Monday, May 14: Eastern Conference Final Game 1, @ New York or New Jersey (8 p.m., ET, NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
    Tuesday, May 15: Los Angeles @ Phoenix, Western Conference Final Game 2 (9 p.m., ET, NBCSN, TSN, RDS)
    Wednesday, May 16: Eastern Conference Final Game 2, @ New York or New Jersey (8 p.m., ET, NBCSN, CBC, RDS)
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Good, I don't have to sell my Game 1 tickets. It's going to suck having to miss most of Game 2 because of the Roger Waters show though. Not a bad problem to have though.
    8/29-Classixx (Crescent Ballroom)
    9/19-Eric Prydz (The Pressroom)
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

wow, guess i won't be watching the kings sunday or game 7 saturday. pretty dumb not to have it on nbc.

You don't get NBCSN?
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Game 1 ticket bought.

I'm in for game 1. Not even gonna bother with a hotel room. 5pm start I can get in and out same day.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Bought tickets to Game 2. I was at game 5 and had such a great time that I couldn't wait to go back. I'm not even a coyotes fan.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I'm in for game 1. Not even gonna bother with a hotel room. 5pm start I can get in and out same day.
    represent!!!

I decided against it. I have a project at work that finishes up saturday night and I need to be around in case there is any fall out.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    represent!!!

I decided <loooong drawn out excuse>
    FIXED! Haha! Only kiddin ya, scenic. Yea, very much a last minute thing for me but I just could not resist. Go Kings!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

hahaha, pretty much

how many HF/LGKers do you think are making it out to game one?
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Not sure. There is a thread going on LGK for a reserved floor at Margaritaville if we can get at least 150 fans to post up. I am in on that +2. Tom- is that place worth a damn?

Another post at LGK claims that at least 2000 of the physical addresses for tickets sold through TM to game 1 are So CA addresses. That's not bad! I'll wear my jersey, but I'm not an ass. I know all too well what it feels like to have fans of teams like Vancouver invade your barn and act like they own the place... until we BEAT their sorry asses like we did this year and send them home to watch the rest of the playoffs. F'in Vancouver.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-10-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Not sure. There is a thread going on LGK for a reserved floor at Margaritaville if we can get at least 150 fans to post up. I am in on that +2. Tom- is that place worth a damn?
    Sure if you like Jimmy Buffet, overpriced sweet mixed drinks, and unintentional hyperparodies of tropical beach life. Perfect for LA. I'll be in the Irish pub across the way.

I'm from LA. And I like the Irish Pub idea too.

You realize you just ensured a 4 OT marathon by saying this, right?

hey, I like Jimmy Buffet, overpriced sweet mixed drinks, and unintentional hyperparodies of tropical beach life!

Another post at LGK claims that at least 2000 of the physical addresses for tickets sold through TM to game 1 are So CA addresses. That's not bad!
    someone on HF posted that there were a couple party buses making the trip out for game 1, too. sounds like it's going to be a really fun trip and a great atmosphere.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I went ahead and sussed the location of a nearby Best Western and a Motel 6. Just in case.

hey, I like Jimmy Buffet, overpriced sweet mixed drinks, and unintentional hyperparodies of tropical beach life!
    True. Gaudy and shallow can be fun! Either way I have about 10 hours of driving to do in a 24 hour period, so the drinking of anything will have to be kept to a minimum.

10 hours of driving to do in a 24 hour period
    Optimistic.

Excellent point. I'd be surprised if the game didn't go in to overtime.
    Last edited by theresalwaysone; 05-11-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Optimistic.
    Doable.

More like 12 hours r/t.

edit: well I guess I don't know where you are. If you live in like Claremont or something 10 hrs r/t is doable.

I don't think there is a single player still playing that deserves to hoist the cup more than Shane Doan.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    More like 12 hours r/t.

edit: well I guess I don't know where you are. If you live in like Claremont or something 10 hrs r/t is doable.
    I just did it in 5 flat coming back after the Tool concert in Tuscan (I stayed up in Phx the following day and left from there). It depends on what time of day you do it, and how you drive. It's a straight shot. Mostly big rigs late on a Sunday. I guarantee it will take me 5 hours coming back. Going in I am not sure. Probably a bit longer. Thinking to leave at 9:30am. Should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    I don't think there is a single player still playing that deserves to hoist the cup more than Shane Doan.
    Shane can go play with his horses. I'll think of him for a mili-second when my Kings hoist the Cup!!

but srsly, he's a really great player

All you Kings fans make sure you bring some extra money for souvenirs...

they spelled "best" wrong. it happens, the A and S are right next to each other.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

they spelled "best" wrong. it happens, the A and S are right next to each other.
    Well, this IS Arizona we are talking about. Let's go easy on em.

Change in plans for me. Was gonna just jump in the car and drive out, same day. Instead, I booked a hotel room within walking distance to Jobing so I can take my sweet time before and after the game. And I am gonna perk up the Speed Triple and blast out on the bike. 105 degrees in black leather here I come!
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.