Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1982

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

If it ends up being PHX and LA, you can bet on a low-scoring series- Smith and Quick are both playing so damn good, the series will ultimately rest in their hands. I hate to say it, but I think LA's offense will take them to the stanley cup

That's what they said about LA/St Louis, but the Kings scored 3+ goals every game. If the Kings can keep playing the way they have been I don't think they'll have too much trouble getting a few passed Smith. That's the big question though, can they keep it up against a team that has always given them fits? If not this could be a quick series the other way.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

I'd be more worried about the Kings playing Nashville, to be honest. I just...can't see phx making it to the cup right now, despite their excellent play. Now, an LA/NY stanley cup would be a thriller. The Rangers should have no problem getting past the devils (if they can wrap up the series tomorrow against philly)

Keep talking. come on. keep up your dumbass bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Starting to look into hotels in Phoenix near the arena.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Keep talking. come on. keep up your dumbass bullshit.
    I'm comin- and so are my KINGS!

(ok that was lame, sry. I'll work on it)
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

no that's fine, it's the dumb 'I'd be more concerned about Nashville' crap. Typical LA moron.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I think that's a Ducks fan since he's "afraid" and "worried" the Kings might win.
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

Let the shit talking begin.

Congrats Coyotes!! It must be a good feeling to make it to the Western Conference Finals after all the ownership issues, enjoy it because you've earned it.

Go Pacific Division!!

All that said, I now hate your team and hope they're eliminated in 4!
    2012 2013

I am a ducks fan. They're becoming pretty good golfers

Stanley Cups-

Anaheim-1
    LA-0
    PHX-0
    Sj-0

and that's the only argument I need

Hellooooo, Los Angeles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    and that's the only argument I need

Better get the mileage out of that while you can, huh? One of those teams is about to go the finals with a hot goaltender and a good chance of evening "the score".
    2012 2013

Fuck the Rangers!! I still believe they'll end up losing the series.

Congrats to the Coyotes! I was okay with Nashville winning, but after watching the series became more of a fan of Phoenix. They have two ex-Islanders in Taylor Pyatt & Adrian Aucoin (one of my favorites from the Islanders pre-lockout team), so it's easier for me to root for them. Hopefully the Islanders will offer Ryan Suter a shitload of money this off season & manage to convince him to sign.

Should be a great series between Phoenix & LA.

Congrats to the Coyotes. You now have my unswaying loyalty. Beat LA!

no that's fine, it's the dumb 'I'd be more concerned about Nashville' crap. Typical LA moron.
    Stop. Look, we all got our morons. As for you and Dylan, happy to see you guys before a game either in Phx or LA- whichever works. I am waiting for Phx ticket exchange to look for tickets. I will be rocking out by car to either the 1st or 2nd game. Can one of you give me a good hotel? Dylan- would the hotel I stayed at for the the Tool show at US Air work ok here?

Hey, that's all I've got, but do you honestly see either of those teams getting past the eastern conf. champions, whoever that may be?

Actually, I think both teams (LA especially) match up well against the east.
    2012 2013

no yokels should ever be in possession of the cup, good work phoenix. enjoy the feeling while it lasts though, because there is no way in hell you're getting past the kings at this point. the pacific next year is going to be the most threatening its been in a long, long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Dylan- would the hotel I stayed at for the the Tool show at US Air work ok here?
    no that's like 25 miles away. there's a renaissance and a wyndham or something right at the arena. also lots of other places within a mile or two. google it.

any idea when game 1 will be? do they need to wait for the east to finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    no yokels should ever be in possession of the cup, good work phoenix. enjoy the feeling while it lasts though, because there is no way in hell you're getting past the kings at this point. the pacific next year is going to be the most threatening its been in a long, long, long time.
    picked Predators to win: John Bucigross, Linda Cohn, Craig Custance, Paul Grant, Pierre LeBrun, Steve Levy, Joe McDonald, Barry Melrose, James Murphy, Jesse Rogers, Katie Strang

from an email to Kings seat holders:

Western Conference Finals Schedule: The Western Conference Finals schedule will be released at a later date. We will email you when we receive the schedule.

It is estimated that the games will start around May 13-15. The Kings will start the Western Conference Finals on the road."
    2012 2013

no that's like 25 miles away. there's a renaissance and a wyndham or something right at the arena. also lots of other places within a mile or two. google it.

any idea when game 1 will be? do they need to wait for the east to finish?
    I got an email from the Kings that says first game is between 13th-15th. Given the early finish here by Phx my guess is the first game is Sunday, May 13th. Probably a late afternoon game. Second game maybe Tuesday, May 15th.

scenicworld- I'm working on a carpool with some LGKers. But if you're thinking about this, lemme know via message.

Edit: ^ beat me to it!

Stop. Look, we all got our morons. As for you and Dylan, happy to see you guys before a game either in Phx or LA- whichever works. I am waiting for Phx ticket exchange to look for tickets. I will be rocking out by car to either the 1st or 2nd game. Can one of you give me a good hotel? Dylan- would the hotel I stayed at for the the Tool show at US Air work ok here?
    Negative. The Coyotes play on the west side of town aka West Gate, opposed to downtown where the Suns play.

These two are next door to the arena
    Hampton Inn
    Renaissance Hotel & Spa

And this is probably a five minute walk
    Holiday Inn Express
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

I've been chatting with a few of my friends about making a road trip, but it would depend on the schedule. Ideally, I'd like to see a mid afternoon start on saturday or sunday so I wouldn't need a room or anything.

Not to open that whole attendance troll thing, but is it really going to be any easier or cheaper to get tickets?? the building seems pretty full and alive.

Just saw that the Coyotes have a deal in place for ownership? cool.

Stop. Look, we all got our morons.
    we don't have to claim this one though
    Last edited by scenicworld; 05-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    2012 2013

How are the sharks doing, grandma?

I'm hearing the same garbage that I heard when the Cardinals beat the Panthers to get to the NFC Championship game. Go ahead, keep doubting the Coyotes. Please, I beg you.

Also, please, please, please let there not be a game on the 15th. How am I supposed to enjoy Roger Waters knowing the Coyotes are playing in the WCF at the same time?
    4/9 - Sleigh Bells (Crescent Ballroom); 4/11-13 - Coachella Weekend 1; 4/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel (Crescent Ballroom); 4/17 - Lorde (Comerica Theatre); 4/21 - CHVRCHES (Marquee Theatre); 5/10 - Morrissey (LA Sports Arena);8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

At this point, I'm not expecting the Sharks to even make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    I'm hearing the same garbage that I heard when the Cardinals beat the Panthers to get to the NFC Championship game. Go ahead, keep doubting the Coyotes. Please, I beg you.

Also, please, please, please let there not be a game on the 15th. How am I supposed to enjoy Roger Waters knowing the Coyotes are playing in the WCF at the same time?
    Yep. Same exact crap.

And yeah the 13th would be ideal. Oh shit that's Mother's day. Here's your flowers dear, see ya.
    Last edited by TomAz; 05-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.