Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    ---
    Last edited by WastedTime; 09-28-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: last phrase is a legitimate dare.

  2. #2
    Member anti-square's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    She lives in my lap
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    No. Didn't even have to read your way too long post.
    ...

  3. #3
    old school leo01g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,310

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    just my opinion but i think he would be boring

  4. #4
    old school bluemamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    3,352

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    put him in the Gobi at 6 pm on friday

  5. #5
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    No. No more old cunts, Wasted. Don't you fucking disobey my edicts ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  6. #6
    Member Dreamer4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California.
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    What exactly IS the "style that belongs at Coachella?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    You shouldn't go around kicking trees when you're in the middle of the forest, because if you miss the forest, you're screwed, because it's a...really awesome forest.

  7. #7
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    You just like Elton because you like to play Candle In The Wind and pretend you're Marilyn Monroe, Wasted.

    Specially you like to pretend a large man is holding you down and forcefeeding you pills in your underwear. Except in your re-enactment, it's your dad. And he leaves tons and tons of DNA all over your fucking face.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  8. #8
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    He didn't write even one of his fucking lyrics, dude. Fuck that shit. Also I had to play Benny And The Jets and Crocodile Rock in band back in school and it was more irritating than I could possibly describe.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  9. #9
    old school bluemamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    3,352

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Put Elton in the Gobi at 12:30 PM on Friday. Nuff said. Problem fixed.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    why not just get the scissor sisters again?
    The White Stripes 9/18

  11. #11
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,391

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    So, to sum up your first post...

    "fuckyouguysfuckyouguysfuckyouguyseltonjohnisaweso mefuckyouguys"

  12. #12
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by WastedTime View Post
    sit your uncomfortably large ass down and accept the fact that writing music and performing music require two completely different mentalities, Bernie wrote long and hard, and Elton sat on it.

    ***
    And the reason you were irritated by those songs... IS CAUSE YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO ELTON. The Queen wouldn't even knight your cock Randy, Elton has you beat.
    I think Bernie mostly just wrote the lyrics, not the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    I've seen an Elton John show, and it was pretty good... I just don't need to see him at Coachella
    '99-'11...

  14. #14
    Member apostle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,393

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    I would be ok with him at Coach if he wasn't in essence stealing a spot very high on the line up from someone that is worth seeing.

  15. #15
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    I saw EJ in Anaheim a few weeks ago. He's a classic, but not Coachella material. Really. Not. B52's would be my pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  16. #16
    Member airguitarvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Hollywood
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    i would say no to EJ
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

  17. #17
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    If EJ was to perform, he would need something special, like Bernie Taupin & Kiki Dee & George Michael (like Prince did with The Time & Sheila E.). BTW, I saw George Michael in Las Vegas, & he was great. While he'd be laughable by himself at Coachella, he did put on a great show.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  18. #18
    Member apostle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,393

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    I support Gypsy Kings more than EJ. Better. I agree with your feelings on the homogeneous nature of the lineup, they just have to be careful about how far they go out of their niche to counterbalance it. Prince last year was a perfect choice.

  19. #19
    Member anti-square's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    She lives in my lap
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Take it easy. For a fan it doesn't seem like you know how to feel the love. We promise not to insult you when Elton John never performs at Coachella.
    ...

  20. #20
    Member apostle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,393

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    1 - I was supporting something you said, and hadn't really been that negative about your other stuff. I could've been way more negative, like others.

    2 - I contemplated not putting "Better" in there because I thought somebody might misinterpret what I was trying to say. I wasn't patronizing you and saying you were doing better. I was saying I like the Gypsy Kings suggestion better. I like them better. See how those words go together? Lighten up, I could be one of the actual assholes that roam around here. I ended up leaving in Better because I thought no one would automatically assume people are that big of pricks. Chill.

  21. #21
    Member apostle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,393

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Sorry, I don't like being called a fucking mutated cat anus.

    Unless it's in bed.

  22. #22
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,594

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    You can have Elton John if I get Van Morrison at Coachella doing Astral Weeks & St.Dominics Preview back to back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  23. #23
    old school bluemamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    3,352

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Elton John wont ever play Coachella. There. Settled!! Done!! End thread!!!

  24. #24
    old school JebusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,299

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Look, tiny dancer is a good song, and even I get all teared up during Almost Famous, but come on... the guy mostly just isn't that good.

  25. #25
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,594

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Nowadays his stuff is crap but his old stuff is better crafted than 90% of the schlock championed on these boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  26. #26
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    Look, tiny dancer is a good song, and even I get all teared up during Almost Famous, but come on... the guy mostly just isn't that good.
    Tiny Dancer reminds me of Randy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  27. #27
    old school Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nyc metro area
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Elton John. Coachella. 2009.

    I personally feel he wouldn't fit in at Coachella very well, like Willie Nelson and Dwight Yoakam. But to each his or her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Similar Threads

  1. Coachella 2009?
    By rage patton in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 591
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 07:24 PM
  2. Coachella 2009 should have......
    By jospehsmiththe3rd in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
  3. Elton John for 2009
    By thebigbadbear in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 10:20 AM
  4. coachella 2009
    By unknowndrummer66 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 05:14 PM
  5. Vote For Elton!
    By Good Days Last in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •