Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camping by herself

Default camping by herself

sorry if something similar has been posted already... there's a lot of pages to skim through!

this'll be my second year to coachella, but this year i may be coming solo. for money reasons i'm thinking i'll be flying alone then camping. will this be safe and/or fun to do?

i'm a cool person! i've just never camped alone before. and i'm a girl, so i need to ease my mom's fears of being alone in the big desert.

what do you all suggest? will you be my friend? hehe

Default Re: camping by herself

if you camp at the onsite camping you will be fine. i understand how you feel about camping alone, its scary. i did it this year for one night during sasquatch at a KOA campsite and it freaked me out a bit. then the KOA guy said is was just families and old ppl. it didnt stop me from having dreams of being attacked by ppl in my tent.
    the ppl on onsite coachella camping are cool, i wouldnt think that you would have any problems there. and its cheap! but hot.....and the year that i camped ppl mostly kept to themselves

we are renting a house, and we are looking for a single to stay. For the 3 nites it would be $200 US.

Lurker

u should be okay..youll find lots of ppl to talk to. Im in the same position my friend bailed on me im pretty sure so im prob headin down their by myself anyway..lots in the same position

same thing here. So as long as we are all open to meeting the people in our own position we can be our own group of loners, and not be a loner anymore...just a group of them.

Lurker

ha very well said. where r u guys all staying anyway?

Lurker

hey where u coming from? im comin from Canada probably by myself looks like it now anyway. R u staying on the camp-site?

yea, i'm On-Site, camping. I'm sure it'll be gooood times.

come by our tent if you get scared lol were gonna be staying up because we'll probably be way too hyped up for RAGE to sleep hahah.

I'm camping alone. And I'm going to cry.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Hi Girl,

I'm in the same boat as you, coming from South Africa, and none of my friends can afford the trip, so I'll be traveling and camping alone, I just plan on making friends when I get there.

Maybe we should have a hookup for all the people flying solo, and then set up a camp of our own.

vinylmartyr

Its going to be crawling with people.

I have a problem too, my roommate and his girlfriend are coming with me, and we only have one tent. I expect to be the awkward third wheel while they have sex.

*Cries*
    You came here to steal our great ideas! You've been foiled, we have none.

what do you all suggest? will you be my friend? hehe[/QUOTE]

I'll be your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

I think you might have started something here. I'm flying solo and camping on site as well. Flying from NJ maybe on Thursday. When is everyone planning to get there? Are you all arriving at LA airport and taking the bus? We should definitively get together and camp next to each other

I heard The Lone Rangers are playing a secret show on the campground on Thursday night.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Are you an Arcade Fire fan? If so, you should join the group we are putting together. Read more here:
    http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856

I'm most likely arriving solo on Thursday but will be with a good group of Arcade Fire people until my friends arrive (they are joining me and the group on Friday).

This way you will be guaranteed to have good people watching out for you, and since all our names are on file, nobody can get away with doing anything stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by argylegargoyle View Post
    sorry if something similar has been posted already... there's a lot of pages to skim through!

this'll be my second year to coachella, but this year i may be coming solo. for money reasons i'm thinking i'll be flying alone then camping. will this be safe and/or fun to do?

i'm a cool person! i've just never camped alone before. and i'm a girl, so i need to ease my mom's fears of being alone in the big desert.

In 2004, I met a girl who camped alone right next to me who came out here from the other side of the country. We met, we became good friends, and we meet up with each other about once a year now. In fact, she's finally coming out to Coachella this year with friends.

So yeah, it's safe, it can be fun, and you could meet cool-ass people (like moi).

Here's some more info on nearby camping:

http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019911_ca...coachella.html
    Read my Coachella articles: http://www.coachella.ehow.com/

Bands I'd love to see at Coachella '08: West Indian Girl, Menomena, The 88, Pigeon John

I met a girl in 04 who was camping solo.

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

solo campers unite! that sounds good to me, being as I'm flying solo, myself. now, who has the organizational skills to make it happen?
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by argylegargoyle View Post

you will be fine. Obviously there are some narly guys and girls out there. But from what i can tell, the campsite is secure, and the ppl are cool. Everyone is there for a purpose and not to hurt anyone. Like the kids have said... talk to your neighbor or do a met up here.. Best laid plans.... You'll have a great time camping.( ps...i understand your moms worries.. just tell her you'll call her everyday. )

and it seems a lot want to be your freind...
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."

Quote Originally Posted by cityzun View Post
    I have a problem too, my roommate and his girlfriend are coming with me, and we only have one tent. I expect to be the awkward third wheel while they have sex.

*Cries*
    That sounds horrible! you should probably not be in the tent as a third wheel. If I were you I would invest in a cheap tent.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    That sounds horrible! you should probably not be in the tent as a third wheel. If I were you I would invest in a cheap tent.
    Or shut my eyes and just think over and over "imasleepimasleepimasleepimasleep"
    You came here to steal our great ideas! You've been foiled, we have none.

Or join in.

vinylmartyr

I will be camping by myself but I know lots of people there. I have room for some ladies though. Don't be shy. I will probably hangout with Erik (Menikmati) one of the regs on this board and he is some kinda wild party animal.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    As a third wheel!!!!!?.....Del Boy's got a three wheeler!!
    There's nothing wrong with a threewheeler now and again!!!!

Lurker

Hey, I'ma female camping alone, too. Flying from Toronto to Indio on Thursday night and camping on-site. I figure this way I don't have to worry too much about transportation.
    I'm really looking forward to the solace and making my own rules but I'm also very interested in meeting new people ..
    I'm really not afraid .. I grew up camping and life has taught me that whatever is going to happen will and I can do nothing to avoid it so I will just walk with my head held high absorbing as much as I can with my mind and eyes observing everything ..
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative ...

Camp Loner: Where no one is ever lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by cityzun View Post
    Or shut my eyes and just think over and over "imasleepimasleepimasleepimasleep"
    can't you ask them to wait til like you're away from the tent taking a shower or eating or something ... just a thought. or tell them to do it during air.
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12