Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2008

Default Re: College Football 2008

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    So about duke then? Not really, we've covered this back during NCAA touney time.

Anyway, I've got no beef with OSU but if the BCS insists on riding their tip to the title game every year I would prefer they would stop laying eggs in said game... just sayin...

And Georgia won't be in the title game, too mch hype. I just don't see it.

After OSU the only team that can beat USC is USC. They're better than any team they step on the feild with, its all a matter of execution.
    I agree.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

i love college sports...nothing but joy

and cdub...you're not bad for a buckeye lol i'm glad some people around here can still talk about things without flippin out and wasting pages of nonsense.

East Carolina-VT game was entertaining.

Tailback U is looking good thus far today.
    I really think Sanchez will prove to be much better than
    Booty.
    Sept 13 will be epic!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Big Blue... try big booooooooooooo! Granted Utah is a good team, but after App. St. last year and running Carr out of Ann Arbor, Mich. COULD NOT LOSE THIS GAME... oops.

Not to mention they looked really bad doing it, in the Big House.

^ Exactly.
    Hilarious that Michigan lost!

The Michigan loss was easy to see coming. The Big 10 is a dreadfully bad conference, living on reputation alone. Although, the Ohio State kicker sure looked impressive with those four field goals against Youngstown State.

The Va Tech loss was the real surprise today.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Being an SC fan, I was thrilled to see how good they looked all around today.
    You expect the tailbacks & defense to look great....
    But Sanchez hushed the critics with his outstanding play & the O-line gave him a ton of time.
    The receivers were iffy last year, they seemed to erase a question mark too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    i love college sports...nothing but joy

and cdub...you're not bad for a buckeye lol i'm glad some people around here can still talk about things without flippin out and wasting pages of nonsense.
    Yeah even though I live in C-bus I did not go to OSU - the wife did.

I also have not drank the kool-aid and know the not only the teams limitations but the conference's as well.

OSU is real good this year, they are most years, I'd say (with a healthy Wells) they are a top 5 team, nothing more.

There were many more impressive teams Saturday: Alabama for one, Bowling Green, USC, Kentucky, and Georgia are all going to be tough based on what I saw.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 09-01-2008 at 06:06 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Michigan loss was easy to see coming. The Big 10 is a dreadfully bad conference, living on reputation alone. Although, the Ohio State kicker sure looked impressive with those four field goals against Youngstown State.
    The kicker might be the best in the country. That 50 yarder woulda been good from 70.

Yes it's another down year for the Big Ten - big deal. I hate the bandwagon bashing of everyone on the Big Ten, saying OSU didn't deserve to be in the title game and what not - complete horseshit. There were a few teams that could've made an arguement to be there and OSU was definitely one of those teams. As far as the conferences and how strong they are, these things come and go in waves - I'm old enough to remember the shitty Pac 10, and the unbeatable Big 12 too. It wasn't that long ago the Big Ten was the best conference in the country. When teams adapt various offensives that recruits want to play, the playing field will once again even out and shift.

The VT loss was not a surprise to me, they are not a top 25 team this year, and looked as such Saturday.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 09-01-2008 at 06:08 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Big Blue... try big booooooooooooo! Granted Utah is a good team, but after App. St. last year and running Carr out of Ann Arbor, Mich. COULD NOT LOSE THIS GAME... oops.

Not to mention they looked really bad doing it, in the Big House.
    Yeah Utah is not a creampuff by any means - but I can't get over how bad Michigan looked.

A lot of Mich fans here have always known there was going to be a few lean years in the win column once RR got the head coaching job. In fact many saw this loss coming. It's all part of the plan you could say, the 2010 Big House remodel, the new Adidas deal, the new athletics director come next year... couple that with all the recruiting they are bound to be doing, it will only be a matter of time until people are scared to go up there and play again. And this is coming from a Buckeye.

BUT - Until Rich gets those players to run that type of O, the problems will continue. They are putting too much pressure on the defensive side of the ball right now and I don't care who you play, that will always bite you in the ass.

Carr was on his way out not matter what happened - his record against OSU ran him out, plain and simple. He coulda won another national championship - but that record against the Buckeyes had more than the average joe calling for his job.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 08-31-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
    Being an SC fan, I was thrilled to see how good they looked all around today.
    You expect the tailbacks & defense to look great....
    But Sanchez hushed the critics with his outstanding play & the O-line gave him a ton of time.
    The receivers were iffy last year, they seemed to erase a question mark too.
    Sanchez and USC looked scary good - if you asked me today what I thought of the Buckeyes chances come Sept 13th? I'd say not very good at all. But that's why we play the game. Let's just hope it's a good one either way.
    The Glitter Freeze

solid, solid, solid points all around man...september 13th shall be a GREAT game. can't wait!

i love how every season, the same exact stale arguments that already been debated in the past keeps coming back. then again no one is sick of arguing them. pac 10 is for pussies, big 10 is over rated, sec is the greatest in the world arguments. oh football.

Quote Originally Posted by arbouler View Post
    i love how every season, the same exact stale arguments that already been debated in the past keeps coming back. then again no one is sick of arguing them. pac 10 is for pussies, big 10 is over rated, sec is the greatest in the world arguments. oh football.
    Those are all true, but since 2003, I'd say people are coming to terms with the Big Ten just not being as good top to bottom, instead of over-rated.
    The Glitter Freeze

CU had a good first game and it was a big local game but they have been down for a number of years .. it would be nice to see them kick some butts again ...x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

There's a couple of good games on today....
    Fresno State, who is supposed to be very good this year, plays Rutgers.
    And it will be interesting to see the "new" UCLA vs. Tennessee.

SHOCKER!
    UCLA beat the Vols tonight....GREAT GAME!

My alma mater, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo shocked San Diego State for the 2nd time in 3 years. HOW 'BOUT THEM DANG STANGS!!!
    Probably safe to say that Notre Dame has at least one win this year (SDSU).

who saw the UCLA win coming? I'm pretty happy. Better performance than I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Neuheisel (sp?) is a hell of a college coach. UCLA will benefit from him running the show for sure. That said, he pulled a rabbit out of the hat beating Tenn. on nat'l tv no less. Very impressive win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arbouler View Post
    People say that every year because it's fucking true.

My team is in the Big 12, but I'm not going to argue that the Big 12 is a better conference than the SEC. That's just stupid.

That having been said, it fucking pisses me off that USC starts the season ranked in the top 5 every year. The Pac 10 is a fucking joke in football.(UCLA's upset over the Vols notwithstanding.) Who does USC play? fucking Oregon? Washington? Seriously? Get the fuck out of here.

The BCS needs a playoff system. Period.

(hook em horns.)

BCS=CLUSTERFUCK

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post

My team is in the Big 12, but I'm not going to argue that the Big 12 is a better conference than the SEC. That's just stupid.

That having been said, it fucking pisses me off that USC starts the season ranked in the top 5 every year. The Pac 10 is a fucking joke in football.(UCLA's upset over the Vols notwithstanding.) Who does USC play? fucking Oregon? Washington? Seriously? Get the fuck out of here.

(hook em horns.)
    (No one based in reality feels that the Pac-10 is actually stronger than the SEC. However, it is about respect and the lack thereof from the weaker Big-12, Big East, and ACC conferences.)

Are you kidding me? You, a fan of the fucking Big 12 saying how weak the Pac-10 is? Besides Texas and Oklahoma, who the hell resides in that conference that scares anyone? So, Missou and Kansas have one good year and now that conference is legit? Man, you also must've missed the 5th best team in the Pac-10 comeback and beat an SEC team that was in last year's SEC Title game. The same team that got smoked by the 5th place team in the Pac-10 last year (Cal).

Look, if you're going to bitch and complain about why USC is consistently in the top-5? Take a peak at who they play from top to bottom. Is there a game versus Louisiana-Monroe or The Citadel on that schedule? How are you even a fan of college football if you don't know why 'SC is always in the top-5? USC is 6-1 in BCS bowl games. Yes I know the one loss comes at the hands of your beloved cowhorns, but don't get it twisted that you all won that game easily. It could've gone either way and unfortunately, it went to a team that finally capitalized on having so much talent...to win its 3rd ever title.

The only team in the past decade to play anyone decent for the opening game is 'SC. Go ahead and ask Arkansas, Virginia Tech, and Virginia what USC does to you on the road in the first game.

So you're a burnt-orange cocksucker from Texas who plays, who? The Florida Atlantic University Owls? A team with a name more suited for a start-up airline company? You really shouldn't open your mouth because only Mizzou can actually hold their heads up for scheduling Juice Williams and the Illinois Illini. And then for the second game you tell me who the real bitch is. Because while you're taking on the mighty Miners from the University of Texas El-Paso, the Trojans will be gearing up for THE Ohio State University.

There are a million and one reasons why 'SC is highly ranked every year. The team doesn't back down from anyone. Travelling all over the land to battle teams like Va. Tech, and Arkansas, is a whole lot respectable than lining up against Directional Carolina. Is involved in the only conference that actually plays ALL of each other instead of some watered-down b.s. of conference title games. Also, give PC and his staff time off before a bowl game, and more often than not--he's going to put up amazing performances win or lose.

*more players sent to the NFL than any other university...there were 7 USC players drafted in the 1st and 2nd round of the NFL Draft

Yeah there are inexplicable loses, but as Bob Griese said last Saturday, "Sometimes even the juggernauts tripped over their own shadows."

Agreed, though, that there needs to be a playoff system...

*Pac-10 is 10-6 versus the SEC (supposedly the toughest conference in the land) since 1986. 6-2 when you get the Southern boys out of their goddamn cities.

Pete Carroll is 4-0 against both the SEC and Big-10...2-1 against the Big 12.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    It wasn't that long ago the Big Ten was the best conference in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post

(hook em horns.)

I agree with the playoff system, thats long overdue......the USC/PAC-10 comment is pure ignorance. Go Fresno State beat Wisconsin!

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    CU had a good first game and it was a big local game but they have been down for a number of years .. it would be nice to see them kick some butts again ...x****

It should be fun for CU fans to see how Darrell Scott develops. He didn't have a bad first game as a true freshman. He should be one of the best running backs in the Big 12 for the next 3 seasons. Things could be on the up and up in Boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    It should be fun for CU fans to see how Darrell Scott develops. He didn't have a bad first game as a true freshman. He should be one of the best running backs in the Big 12 for the next 3 seasons. Things could be on the up and up in Boulder.

Once Dan Hawkins gets all his own players into his own system things will definitely be looking up, I do think CSU is pretty bad though so I'm gonna wait a couple more weeks to see if CU is making a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    I agree with the playoff system, thats long overdue......the USC/PAC-10 comment is pure ignorance. Go Fresno State beat Wisconsin!
    Pure ignorance, indeed. USC traveled to Virginia and made the Cavaliers look like a JV high school team. They have 4 or 5 future first round picks on defense. Mark Sanchez will be better than Booty and they go a solid 4 deep at running back. They are stacked and I'm not sure OSU has much of a chance on the 13th. That's why they play the games, I know.

And I think Fresno State has a great chance to beat Wisconsin. Even if it is in Madison (which it is, right?)

its in Fresno and I'll be there

Once Dan Hawkins gets all his own players into his own system things will definitely be looking up, I do think CSU is pretty bad though so I'm gonna wait a couple more weeks to see if CU is making a comeback.

I live in Mountain West country and CSU has been bad for a few years. That program really fell since the 90's. That's one of the only games that I'm confident New Mexico can win this season. The Lobos lost 26-3 to TCU on Saturday. Ouch.

its in Fresno and I'll be there

Then I'm very confident that Fresno will win. As long as they stop P.J. Hill. Or handle the OL, I should say. Wisconsin RBs have proven to be products of the system.