Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2008

Default Re: College Football 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    Can't spell the SEC without the SC...lol.

The SEC can eat a di#k for all I care, but since this is a discussion about NCAA football, I'll say my piece.

I'm not completely sold on Georgia being the team to beat out of the SEC. I do see Tebow and the Gators being the pivotal match-up for Knowshon Moreno & Co. to overcome. How will the Bulldogs pull together after Uga VI passed away recently? I don't see LSU winning the SEC West because they've lost Perriloux and a host of defenders from that defense. With that being said, you cannot count out them and look for an improvement for Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide this year. Also, can Petrino bring his style of play down to Arkansas and change a once running game based offense to his spread option/fast break O?

My darkhorse pic for the SEC is...the other USC...the Gamecocks of South Carolina.

That will be a battle down yonder this year. Hope they all just beat up on each other & a bunch of 'em end up with 2-3 losses.

Quote Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
    That will be a battle down yonder this year. Hope they all just beat up on each other & a bunch of 'em end up with 2-3 losses.
    Unfortunately, in the big national standing scheme of things, this is what often happens and keeps a lot of very good teams from being higher ranked. Well, that's my perspective, at least.

I loathe Alabama to no extent. My girlfriend graduated from there, but even she can't stand them in football now. They have such a pansy-ass schedule this year that if they DON'T end up near the top of the SEC West, then they are pathetic..... like last year, HA.

Question Re: College Football 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Bilko View Post
    Unfortunately, in the big national standing scheme of things, this is what often happens and keeps a lot of very good teams from being higher ranked. Well, that's my perspective, at least.

I loathe Alabama to no extent. My girlfriend graduated from there, but even she can't stand them in football now. They have such a pansy-ass schedule this year that if they DON'T end up near the top of the SEC West, then they are pathetic..... like last year, HA.
    So, that either means you went to Tennessee or Auburn? I'm not so sure they have an easy schedule because you have them going into Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU. The Western Kentucky, Arkansas St., and Tulane triumvirate isn't necessarily murderer's row, it is what it is and they should at least lose 3 games at the least this year. I'm saying Georgia, Clemson, and Tennessee are victors over Bama.

HS..What is the outcome of the Reggie Bush case going to be?

NCAA 09 looks amazing, anybody know when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    NCAA 09 looks amazing, anybody know when it comes out?

I think I saw that it was coming out today...July 15..?? (I think!)

Doesn't matter, my broke ass doesn't have PS3 or XBOX, I fell off the gaming wagon after NBA Live 06. *sigh* all those wasted hours gone forever.....

HS..What is the outcome of the Reggie Bush case going to be?
    I know I'll get a lot of flak for saying this, but I see nothing really huge happening to USC if, and this is a big if, there is something to crow about. Well, to be honest--something could happen if per chance Carroll leaves and 'SC is no longer deemed marketable (fat chance). It took the NCAA quite a few years, in fact; a decade, to penalize Miami back in the 80's and they were doing Bushgate 10x over and not hiding it. It, though, still teeters on institutional responsibility. If 'SC and Carroll knew about the illegal transactions directly and without say, gossip-like info, they'll be screwed. I just don't see anything stating this to be concrete.

I know I'll get a lot of flak for saying this, but I see nothing really huge happening to USC if, and this is a big if, there is something to crow about. Well, to be honest--something could happen if per chance Carroll leaves and 'SC is no longer deemed marketable (fat chance). It took the NCAA quite a few years, in fact; a decade, to penalize Miami back in the 80's and they were doing Bushgate 10x over and not hiding it. It, though, still teeters on institutional responsibility. If 'SC and Carroll knew about the illegal transactions directly and without say, gossip-like info, they'll be screwed. I just don't see anything stating this to be concrete.
    I hope you are right.
    I will be honest, it has me a bit worried.

I hope you are right.
    I will be honest, it has me a bit worried.
    It would sully the personal favor I carry for USC, but I'd forgive them eventually. It would be foolish to think 'SC is, and will be the last school guilty of actions like this. I know damn well it is happening in other schools across the land--they're just hiding it better.

It would sully the personal favor I carry for USC, but I'd forgive them eventually. It would be foolish to think 'SC is, and will be the last school guilty of actions like this. I know damn well it is happening in other schools across the land--they're just hiding it better.
    well said!

I work with a counselor who tells me stories of when he was going to UCLA and that they'd do alot of risky things to make sure their athletes were taking care of. I would be skeptical of someone saying this stuff if he didn't attend the university, but this guy is through and through a Bruin and he tells it like it is.

I met the head football coach for UCLA (Rick Neuheisel, who quarterbacked UCLA to victory in the 1984 Rose Bowl) at Stagecoach - he was sitting a few seats away. I'm still rooting for Northwestern University, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I met the head football coach for UCLA (Rick Neuheisel, who quarterbacked UCLA to victory in the 1984 Rose Bowl) at Stagecoach - he was sitting a few seats away. I'm still rooting for Northwestern University, however.
    Northwestern!! They were solid a while back, but they're not so much nowadays. Great academic institution and lovely campus. I remember the days of Darnell Autry and their last Rose Bowl appearance. Can't go wrong with the purple and black.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I have heard he is a cool guy.
    He certainly has had his share of trouble with the NCAA over the years.

The NCAA is fuckin' trouble. Riddle me this? How can an entity which makes BILLONS off the efforts, talents, and sportmanship of the student-athletes have any right to criticize a coach for entering a measley pool? Yes it involved his team, and a rule is a rule, but screw off on making the whole college game less authentic and more auspicious.

I have taken classes on this. The NCAA is easily one of the most crooked organizations out there.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I have taken classes on this. The NCAA is easily one of the most crooked organizations out there.
    They are! That is why I think it is cool that Brandon Jennings, the big basketball recruit committed to Arizona last week basically said...."Sorry, NCAA, you are not going to pimp me out...I am going to play in Europe for a year"

Man, he's bringing the hi-top fade back...f the NCAA

yeahhhh boyyyyyy!!!

yep....fuck the ncaa!
    What Jennings is doing will lead many other basketballers to do the same thing
    Last edited by bakersfield; 07-19-2008 at 06:10 PM.

yep....fuck the ncaa!
    What Jennings is doing will lead many other basketballers to do the same thing
    Though, I'm not sure we'll see a whole slew of NBA prospects going overseas, I see it happening moreso with Jennings' initiation. The only reasons I don't see it becoming a trend is a)homesickness for the States and the more important and viable reason, is b)pro clubs not wanting to deal with the legality issues of trying to negotiate with clubs like Tau Cermica or Moscow CSKY to get their draft picks. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some quasi-illegal rhetoric from GMs or owners to bigtime players if they take the Jennings route.

Though back on topic, NCAA Football '09 is so awesome--though it has some changes--it is again, not much different. But you can do so much with sports videogames, so repetition is an expected byproduct of annual releases. Joe McKnight is my Heisman Hopeful

Though back on topic, NCAA Football '09 is so awesome--though it has some changes--it is again, not much different. But you can do so much with sports videogames, so repetition is an expected byproduct of annual releases. Joe McKnight is my Heisman Hopeful
    McKnight is a BADASS! He will be a household name in a 3 or 4 months....

This kinda sucks...

Quarterback Mark Sanchez sustains injury
    Alex Gallardo / Los Angeles Times
    USC quarterback Mark Sanchez was carted off the field today shortly after the start practice with a possible injury to his left knee
    Junior starter is carted off the field and taken for x-rays shortly after start of today's practice

And now...

Joe McKnight injures hand in dorm accident
    Alex Gallardo / Los Angeles Times
    USC running back Joe McKnight, photographed at practice in April, suffered cuts and bruises on two fingers after a door was accidentally closed on his right hand.
    Running back's right hand is described as 'gnarly' after a door is accidentally closed on two fingers -- but he tapes up and practices.
    By Gary Klein, Los Angeles

I'm liking OSU's chances come September 13
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I like USC's chances come September 13

i dont like how usc keeps getting injured all the time. the osu game is gonna be tough. not because of osu, but because usc gets beat by itself.

No - because of OSU.

People saying otherwise are either really dim with fandom or don't know much about college football.
    The Glitter Freeze

I like USC's chances come September 13
    that's really going out on a limb there.
    The Glitter Freeze