Thread: DALLAS, TX.

Default DALLAS, TX.

I will be in Dallas 7/11-7/18 for work. Never been... Can anyone recommend bars/lounges in downtown with good music?

Default Re: DALLAS, TX.

There's an improv-type comedy club downtown called Ad-Libs. It's set up to be like "Who's Line is it Anyway?" I went there one night and had a great time.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

There's a comedy club called the "Sixth Floor Museum."
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I haven't been there recently enough to know what is still open (a lot of the clubs in the area seem to be closing down), but Deep Ellum has a dense concentration of bars/clubs & venues. There are maybe a dozen or more live music venues (jazz, rock) and a ton of clubs. I honestly can't remember any dance clubs I liked downtown though, they were all either too meat markety or just had crappy music.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I haven't been there recently enough to know what is still open (a lot of the clubs in the area seem to be closing down), but Deep Ellum has a dense concentration of bars/clubs & venues. There are maybe a dozen or more live music venues (jazz, rock) and a ton of clubs. I honestly can't remember any dance clubs I liked downtown though, they were all either too meat markety or just had crappy music.
    Deep Ellum isn't the same anymore. Trees closed down , and the last time I was down there it was a completely different sort of crowd. The dance clubs are all geared towards the R&B crowd.

The Granada and the Loft at the Palladium are cool, but it doesn't look like anyone of note is playing there during your stay.

Oh, and if you're down with gay clubs, the Village is always fun.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

when I was in line for tom waits at the palladium, they had the coachella dvd in the tv inside the bar.

I don't go to bars here too much, mostly venues for concerts. if you are into trance/house/dnb you won't have problems finding dance clubs. and if you are into dubstep, hatcha is playing the 19th in the green elephant, but looks like you won't be around.

Cedar Springs Street has a lot of hot men. It's not downtown, but it's worth the taxi fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Thanks everyone! I will find me some DnB. I was hoping Hatcha would come to San Diego but I might catch him in LA on Saturday.