Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GUNS!!

Default GUNS!!

Own 'em. Go sue happy NRA. I support you.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: GUNS!!

i've got two tickets to the gun show right here
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

i was waiting for the gun show jokes. haha.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

this is never going to end.

they're going to have to pry the gun from heston's cold, dead hands...for reals now.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    they're going to have to pry the gun from heston's cold, dead hands...for reals now.
    theres gonna be a shoot out at my house if they ever try to come for them.

I'd really like to know how many people have died in this country to an American handgun. Definitely hundreds, possibly thousands. Thanks for that, NRA, real bang-up job you've been doing.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I'd really like to know how many people have died in this country to an American handgun. Definitely hundreds, possibly thousands. Thanks for that, NRA, real bang-up job you've been doing.
    read quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by Heresy View Post
    very true. it cracks me up how this is so misunderstood. like people wouldnt kill each other if we didnt have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    very true. it cracks me up how this is so misunderstood. like people wouldnt kill each other if we didnt have guns.
    Yup. If that were the case, then people would resort to other weapons such as knives, bats, etc.

there would be far less murders if there wasn't such a proliferation of guns because most of the people doing the killing are cowards and wouldn't have the balls to walk up and kill someone with their hands.

there would be far less murders if there wasn't such a proliferation of guns because most of the people doing the killing are cowards and wouldn't have the balls to walk up and kill someone with their hands.
    and who's fault is that? the gun manufacturers right? yes, because people shouldnt take responsibility for their own actions, they need to blame it on someone else.

people with guns kill more people.

Yup. If that were the case, then people would resort to other weapons such as knives, bats, etc.
    they would. but it takes a lot more effort. banning guns wouldn't eliminate murders, but I think it would reduce them. have you ever heard of a drive by stabbing? or someone going into a school and killing five kids with a baseball bat? and what about holding up a bank with a knive? that'd be very productive.

Guns don't kill people. People with guns and moustaches kill people.

The only guns in my world is my name.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post

they would. but it takes a lot more effort. banning guns wouldn't eliminate murders, but I think it would reduce them. have you ever heard of a drive by stabbing? or someone going into a school and killing five kids with a baseball bat? and what about holding up a bank with a knive? that'd be very productive.
    It's highly impossible to do a 'drive by stabbing'. So far no one has entered a school and blugeoned kids to death with a baseball bat. Not talking about crimes involving public places, however crimes are committed where one beats another to death with a bat. For example, a man beat his wife to death with a baseball bat in Texas. Recently a mother beat the shit out of a sex offender that was talking to her daughter. He didn't die, but do you think that took a lot of effort to go and beat the shit out of someone with a bat? People will still commit crimes regardless of what weapon they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post

people have help up banks with a simple note. no weapon brandished. also, i myself am much more prone to stabbing someone than shooting them. a stabbing is much more personal, it means something. it says you mean it.

We have gun control here. It sucks. Have you tried doing a drive-by with a baseball bat? It's fucking difficult, man.
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

It's highly impossible to do a 'drive by stabbing'. So far no one has entered a school and blugeoned kids to death with a baseball bat. Not talking about crimes involving public places, however crimes are committed where one beats another to death with a bat. For example, a man beat his wife to death with a baseball bat in Texas. Recently a mother beat the shit out of a sex offender that was talking to her daughter. He didn't die, but do you think that took a lot of effort to go and beat the shit out of someone with a bat? People will still commit crimes regardless of what weapon they choose.
    there is also a video of some guys in china that ran in a bank with bats and started fucking everyone up. they didnt get away with it, but obviously its not out of the question.

Although rare, people have been killed from the other person kicking them and punching them with their bare fists.

very true. my brother went to jail for a similar situation. kid was in a coma for 2 weeks. luckily he didnt die. they were waiting to see if they were gonna charge them all with murder, or attempted murder. no weapons involved at all.

Are we really going to have this conversation? I sort of thought we were smarter than that.

Guns do kill people. That's pretty much their singular purpose. Sure, there are exceptions. Hunting, paintball, and the occasional squirtgun. But the main purpose of a gun is to efficiently end someone else's life, or at least maim them significantly. Of course people commit crimes without them. But no matter how adept I am at wielding a machete or how trained I am in some ancient martial art, I can't use those things to spontaneously kill thirty people in a matter of minutes from a clock tower because my wife left me and I stopped taking my meds.

http://www.theacru.org/blog/2007/05/...terproductive/

[P]er capita murder overall is only half as frequent in the United States as in several other nations where gun murder is rarer, but murder by strangling, stabbing, or beating is much more frequent. (p. 663 - emphases in original)
    The findings of two criminologists - Prof. Don Kates and Prof. Gary Mauser - in their exhaustive study of American and European gun laws and violence rates, are telling:

Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).
    This all comes from a recent Harvard study.

If you look at the murder rates of DC which had very strong anti-gun laws until yeterday, you see an INCREASE in murders from when the bans went into effect to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

As an addendum to my previous post, I would like to show my support for circus-sideshow knifethrowing as what should be the world's leading method of remote violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Are we really going to have this conversation? I sort of thought we were smarter than that.

Guns do kill people. That's pretty much their singular purpose. Sure, there are exceptions. Hunting, paintball, and the occasional squirtgun. But the main purpose of a gun is to efficiently end someone else's life, or at least maim them significantly. Of course people commit crimes without them. But no matter how adept I am at wielding a machete or how trained I am in some ancient martial art, I can't use those things to spontaneously kill thirty people in a matter of minutes from a clock tower because my wife left me and I stopped taking my meds.
    sure, not from a clock tower, but a well trained person with a knife can kill another before they draw their weapon. several people in fact.

Okay. Yes, that's true. But you're talking about a well-trained person. The issue isn't whether or not people kill people with other methods. It's that guns are basically Murder for Dummies. Killing someone shouldn't be as easy as pressing the "on" button on a coffee maker.

ideally, killing someone shouldnt be an alternative.

I'm not trying to suggest that there aren't other ways to kill people. just that other ways of killing people aren't as easy as shooting them. it takes more effort & determination. and I think that would reduce the murder rate. some people will still kill, no doubt. I just think it would be fewer.

I'm a little confused about that harvard study -- why are they comparing the combined murder rate of three countries with the murder rate of nine other countries? was the rate of the nine other countries combined? still, interesting find.

I'm ambivalent about the whole thing. I don't want to live in a fascist state in which only the government and criminals get their hands on guns, but I don't like the idea of teenagers getting guns and killing children in schools. There should be more controls on who is allowed to own them I guess and more enforcement of those controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

do you own one? you already have to jump through hoops to own a gun. especially in California.