Thread: Chilli Peppers??

Hybrid View

Default Chilli Peppers??

What's everyone got against the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, they're one of the bands I'm looking forward to seeing, and I thought the new album was a big improvement from By The Way, I also don't get why people are excited about seeing Bjork, musical differences, meh.

Default Re: Chilli Peppers??

Because Bjork is far more interesting.

coming from a Bjork and ex-Chili fan, I have this to say
    Ive seen both shows in the Past. Chilis were kinda boring. didnt play a lot of their old stuff. The new album still sounds like the last album, and they whore themselves out -they are always fucking playing shows (including Kiedis writing the music for the new Disneyland Spacemountain ride soundtrak) What is special about that?
    Bjorks' show is unlike any other. She is extermely captivating, her set ranges from danceable to emotional. She is continuly reinventing herself- experimenting with different sounds, producers etc. She is a perfect headliner to represent what the Coachella festival is all about. She is not of this planet and I am really looking forward to her new material.
    The chilis I may watch...there old tired material..

Bjork might be interesting, but I find her music to be pretentious and although imaginative, too bleak, and I don't like that song that's al loud and quiet, reminds me of a nasty trip, Chilli's ought to be loud and cool,I look forward to seeing them.

opinions are like assholes. everyone has one and they all stink.
    ~EJR~

RHCP dont remind you of a nasty trip? all of there good songs were written about drugs, or while on drugs, all of them came real close to dying from heroine, and one Bjork song reminds you of a bad trip?
    Bjork would be pretentious if she was trying to be different- Be she is just unlike any other without trying to be.
    When I think pretentious- I think of bands like THE Killers

You wanted to know whay people like Bjork so let people tell you.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    What's everyone got against the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, they're one of the bands I'm looking forward to seeing, and I thought the new album was a big improvement from By The Way, I also don't get why people are excited about seeing Bjork, musical differences, meh.
    Depsite if you like Bjork's music or not..Her shows are excellent...very different from a normal rock show...RHCP, I have tons of respect for them, are just too..well it seems like they have written the same song for the past few albums...Also it seems like too safe of a headliner for Coachella...People just had expectations for some like Talking Heads, Portishead or something only those lines..RHCP are not a bad band by any stretch of the imagination but I mean we all could have seen them on their last tour...they tour everywhere...Bjork doesn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

i always agree with you

Yes, I appreciate that the Chilli's have done many songs about drugs, but it remains that one Bjork song, I wasn't slating Bjork as a musician, as I'm sure her live shows are thoroughly entertaining, yet I find her music drab. Maybe the Chilli's were a safe bet for a headline slot, but at the same time, surely they'll draw a crowd, I didn't like the By The Way album, as I previously stated, and I thought the new albums cool, and I'm in England, where they never tour, or if they do they only do a few shows in London, which is hundreds of miles from where I live.

i'm pretty damn thrilled to see both of them.... we don't always have to pick favorites here...

Quote Originally Posted by rollinidiosyncrack View Post
    i'm pretty damn thrilled to see both of them.... we don't always have to pick favorites here...
    I agree with you. But she wanted to know why people like Bjork so much. Thats fair.
    I guess here in the states they play all the time so I can appreciate the fact you never get an opportunity to see them. Plot yourself to the left of the stage- Fleas' side is far more entertaining!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Yes, I appreciate that the Chilli's have done many songs about drugs, but it remains that one Bjork song, I wasn't slating Bjork as a musician, as I'm sure her live shows are thoroughly entertaining, yet I find her music drab. Maybe the Chilli's were a safe bet for a headline slot, but at the same time, surely they'll draw a crowd, I didn't like the By The Way album, as I previously stated, and I thought the new albums cool, and I'm in England, where they never tour, or if they do they only do a few shows in London, which is hundreds of miles from where I live.
    Out of curiosty..Apart from "It's Oh So Quiest" Which Bjork albums or songs have have you heard?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Yeah, "It's Oh So Quiet", the nasty trip song, I've heard much of Bjorks work at some point in my life as my ex girlfriend used to love Bjork, I even once bought her a Bjork album, crazy days, but, I don't like Bjork all too much, we all have our own opinnion, and you know, I preffer to listen to heavier rockier like stuff, like Rage, Placebo, etc. I am aware that Placebo aren't exactly heavier, but you get my point.

I don't see how the RHCP doing lots of shows a bad thing? The band just probably enjoys playing live music, and people should appreciate that, after all, live music is what festivals are all about.

I also agree with the argument that they never seem to tour in England, and therefore am chuffed to be seeing them finally, especially in Cali. However, I have heard they're headlining the Sunday of Reading this year...
    Distortion 2002 - Download 2003 - Leeds 2004 - Glastonbury 2005 - Leeds 2005 - Download 2006 - Reading 2006 - Coachella 2007 - Reading 2007.

[QUOTE=JoeW88;34385]I don't see how the RHCP doing lots of shows a bad thing? The band just probably enjoys playing live music, and people should appreciate that, after all, live music is what festivals are all about.

Because it gets tired. ive seen them 3 times in the past 4 years, and I retired them. because they seem bored. I love live music and go to an ass ton of shows. You can see a difference when people perform live for the love of music, and the people who perform out of obligation, or money. Kiedis did whore himself out to Disney.

Thanks for letting me know live music is what festivals are all about. I was originally flying from Portland, Or to sample the array of $8 beers and burritos

I really enjoy Fruiscante's backing vocals live. I'm not a fan of their last album at all, but I may watch their set.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Here is a very helpful link with a melange of reasons right at your very fingertips.