Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just got my post-Coachella medical bill

Unhappy I just got my post-Coachella medical bill

It was sent to an address I no longer live at and I just got it forwarded to me. Everything adds up to almost $900, and that's after a $500+ discount for being uninsured.

$250 for a saline drip. Seriously.

And they charged $24 for ibuprofen. Nice.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Default Re: I just got my post-Coachella medical bill

Damn... The amount of drugs and alcohol I consumed I should have been in the hospital but I was fine, damn good luck

Did they charge you for the anal thermometer?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Hahahahahaha. Of the United States of America cracks me up. Paying for healthcare? Pshhhhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Fuck off you Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Hahahahahaha. Of the United States of America cracks me up. Paying for healthcare? Pshhhhhh.
    Wait. I've heard canook's don't need insurance, but you don't pay for any health care services? They just fix you? If that's the case, Brokendoll is headed north!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

When I marry Kristin Kreuk, I won't have to worry about medical bills.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Wait. I've heard canook's don't need insurance, but you don't pay for any health care services? They just fix you? If that's the case, Brokendoll is headed north!
    ask how much taxes are up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    It was sent to an address I no longer live at and I just got it forwarded to me. Everything adds up to almost $900, and that's after a $500+ discount for being uninsured.

$250 for a saline drip. Seriously.

And they charged $24 for ibuprofen. Nice.
    Were you hospitalized for dehydration and exhaustion? You are so Hollywood.

That's one expensive bottle of water, dipshit...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Were you hospitalized for dehydration and exhaustion? You are so Hollywood.
    LOL. The drugs I took don't cause the kind of overdose that necessitates going to the hospital for "dehydration and exhaustion". Actually, I guess those shrooms. They weren't magical at all, but they weren't poisonous either, thankfully.

Respiratory infection. Sinuses, both lungs, both ears. Usually they just look at you for ten minutes and write a prescription for antibiotics and send you on your way. Those bills are usually a few hundred bucks max. But no, this hospital insisted on doing x-rays, blood work (three vials of blood), pumping me full of water to lower my fever, etc.

Gotcha.

I was in the hospital with my daughter for a week and a half. I had a constant headache and trying to sleep in those "cots" caused constant pain and discomfort. I would ask for Motrin to help. Then my brother, a doctor, heard that I was doing that and asked, "Do you fucking realize that one dose can cost you the same as a whole bottle at Ralphs?" He promptly wrote me a prescription for Vicodin and Xanax. I love my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    not as much as you think...luckily we don't blow $3billion a week hanging out in bahgdad
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Respiratory infection. Sinuses, both lungs, both ears. Usually they just look at you for ten minutes and write a prescription for antibiotics and send you on your way. Those bills are usually a few hundred bucks max. But no, this hospital insisted on doing x-rays, blood work (three vials of blood), pumping me full of water to lower my fever, etc.
    shit, that's a normal post-coachella for me! having a lung disease doesn't help, though. '04 was the worst. a few days after the fest, on cinco de mayo to be exact, i burst a blood vessel in my lungs and coughed up close to a cup of blood between the time it started and the time i got to the e.r., which is right across the street. having the sensation of what feels like a sprinkler going off inside your lungs is so not cool! what is even worse is having your father running naked down the stairs that you are sitting as you are screaming for help. i guess i was fortunate that he was staying at my place that night, though.

ended up spending about 14 days in the hospital and then home on i.v.'s for another 2 weeks. that is actually the normal routine for when i get sick. my eob's show up with a usual grand total in the $30,000+ range for 1 month of treatment. fortunately i was declared disabled in my late teens, so i am still able to be claimed on my mother's insurance.

since then i am way more proactive. i bring a dust mask or bandana, use saline constantly throughout the day, take that airborne shit religioulsy...this year i actually avoided the hospital for the first time since '04. chances are i will be going in for my 3rd sinus surgery in the last 12 months soon, though. morphine! vicodin!
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-22-2008 at 07:03 PM.

We live in the same area Steve, so if you got any left overs I'll be happy to take care of 'em for ya. ; )

i had been sick off and on since I went to coachella, couldn't get rid of the cough. I kept telling myself it was asthma and shit due to the crappy air quality we have right now. I finally went to the doc a few weeks ago and come to find out I had bronchitis the whole damn time. I had to do a round of cipro and some steroids to get rid of it.

hey what hospital was it?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    We live in the same area Steve, so if you got any left overs I'll be happy to take care of 'em for ya. ; )
    haha, i horde that shit like no tomorrow. if the wife takes our daughter out for the day i go ahead and pop a couple vicodin es's and get a little numb for a bit, might as well take full advantage of the break since i am the stay at home parent. can't wait to see what it's like when our son is born in 2 months, bye bye sleep, it's been nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    hey what hospital was it?
    St. Johns. The only place I could get to from where I was staying at the time with no car and a 104 fever.

Hell no we don't pay for any health care services.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    We don't have to deal with HMO's. Also, for the most part, no rediculous waiting line ups and... oh right... no paying for health care.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

dude... Canada isnt 100% free... trust me, I have to pay deductables and shit for my insulin.... hospital shit though is free...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    dude... Canada isnt 100% free... trust me, I have to pay deductables and shit for my insulin.... hospital shit though is free...
    When I think about how much $ I've thrown away on drugs and shit, that deductable ain't no thang. It's the impending medical bullshit from having fun doing those drugs that my ass worries about! Canada may not be 100% free, but neither is drug abuse, drinking, and really good times.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

QFT
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

it will change...soon....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Goddamn that's so whack.

pansy, i told you to just walk it off...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Yikes $900 is a lot.

While unemployed, I was buying my own insurance through COBRA for like $300 per month. That also sucked a lot. I guess the moral is just to never get sick?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Yikes $900 is a lot.

While unemployed, I was buying my own insurance through COBRA for like $300 per month. That also sucked a lot. I guess the moral is just to never get sick?
    That's how my seasonal job works. During the summer they offer you that COBRA. I chose to shop around instead. If you're young and pay $300, then I can imagine how much I'd be paying. Since I haven't found a plan yet I've decided to try being moral for now.

That's how my seasonal job works. During the summer they offer you that COBRA. I chose to shop around instead. If you're young and pay $300, then I can imagine how much I'd be paying. Since I haven't found a plan yet I've decided to try being moral for now.
    Do insurance rates vary by age? Or by previous medical history? I thought the whole point of medical insurance was to spread out risk loads over a large group of people. I have no idea.

I think alot of it is based upon the idea of proportion. I know auto insurance can vary greatly due to the area you live in. More people, more risk. With health insurance, it's not so much the volume of people, but the risk factor. The older you are, the more chance there is of needing that insurance due to falling apart, so to speak. In any case, Canada is looking pretty good to me right now!