Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing International Concert Tickets

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Purchasing International Concert Tickets

Ok, so I have decided on two events. I'm going to see the Raconteurs in Amsterdam and Sigur Ros in Rome.

However, the ticketmaster sites only give mail as an option. Is there no will call in europe? Any advice on how to get reasonably priced tickets to these events?

Any tips, tricks or ideas are welcome. Including that of the smart ass kind.

Default Re: Purchasing International Concert Tickets

try seetickets.com - had my muse wembley on will call last year. They don't call it will call though
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

ooh wait, for Rome & Amstrdm shows?
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Seetickets is pretty much just UK gigs and a few European festivals. I thought ticketmaster normally had a box office pickup option.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Also, where are you going to on your Eurotrip? If you are coming to London first, you could paypal me the money and i could get them for you and have them posted here. (assuming you are coming here).
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I want to go to the Raconteurs in Amsterdam. Shit i just want to go to Amsterdam.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Ok, so I have decided on two events. I'm going to see the Raconteurs in Amsterdam and Sigur Ros in Rome.

However, the ticketmaster sites only give mail as an option. Is there no will call in europe? Any advice on how to get reasonably priced tickets to these events?

Any tips, tricks or ideas are welcome. Including that of the smart ass kind.

I bought my ticket for Nick Cave in Dublin from ticketbastard in Ireland and they mailed it out here to Oregon w/out an issue. I understand your concerns about tix going m.i.a. enroute but I think you'll be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

just go with regular mail-
    if they don't show up by a week before you leave, call and have them cancelled and re-shipped via courier. they do that.

I think the problem is that he leaves for europe in 5 days time (according to his sig) so not much chance of the tickets turning up before he heads off.

oh!
    whole other issue lol

try craigslisting that shit

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I think the problem is that he leaves for europe in 5 days time (according to his sig) so not much chance of the tickets turning up before he heads off.
    Yeah, that would be a problem then.
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    I want to go to the Raconteurs in Amsterdam. Shit i just want to go to Amsterdam.
    Me too!! I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Mark, do you know where you're staying in Amsterdam? If hotel, you might try calling to see if they'd accept mail for you. It looks like even the other ticket resellers want to ship them.

You could always go to the box office or ticket outlet once you're there and see if there are any tickets left...

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Also, where are you going to on your Eurotrip? If you are coming to London first, you could paypal me the money and i could get them for you and have them posted here. (assuming you are coming here).
    I will be in London for one day and one night on June 29th. I would appreciate any help!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I bought my ticket for Nick Cave in Dublin from ticketbastard in Ireland and they mailed it out here to Oregon w/out an issue. I understand your concerns about tix going m.i.a. enroute but I think you'll be ok.

The issue is i'm leaving on Tuesday! lol I don't trust they would get here in time.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Mark, do you know where you're staying in Amsterdam? If hotel, you might try calling to see if they'd accept mail for you. It looks like even the other ticket resellers want to ship them.
    Nope. Still haven't booked amsterdam lodging. Shit, so much to do. It's gonna be a hostel though.

You could always go to the box office or ticket outlet once you're there and see if there are any tickets left...
    figured this would be a last resort

The issue is i'm leaving on Tuesday! lol I don't trust they would get here in time.
    Understood. Mail from Ireland to here takes about 6 days on average so I'd expect the same or maybe a day more from the Continent; you don't have a window.

Either way, good luck in Europe. I'm not long back from 5 weeks over there. It's stupid expensive right now with the weak dollah.

Yeah i'm fucked in that regard.

I really don't want to sit down and work out how much I spent. Oh well; I got to see Prague which I wanted to see for 20yrs (thank you INXS and the Never Tear Us Apart vid for that) and I got to marvel at the genius of Gaudi in Barcelona, 40 years after my father did the same on his jaunts.

remember:
    there's always male prostitution:
    because when working sucks, sucking works!

I really don't want to sit down and work out how much I spent. Oh well; I got to see Prague which I wanted to see for 20yrs (thank you INXS and the Never Tear Us Apart vid for that) and I got to marvel at the genius of Gaudi in Barcelona, 40 years after my father did the same on his jaunts.
    will be going to Barcelona next year hopefully and I am so looking forward to the architecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

first off forget about the Raconteurs and save your euros for some dope and blowjobs.. as for Sigur Ros yeah don't miss em' I been to a few Europe shows and you can always scalp guaranteed. Also be careful bringing shit out of Schipol airport. Not recommended If you train it no Problem. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    will be going to Barcelona next year hopefully and I am so looking forward to the architecture.
    Yeah, it's astonishing. Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Battlo ...... (ran out of time and missed Batllo though. Grrr)

I guess they run a bar on the top of La Pedrera during the summer on Fri nights. It would be sooooo cool to have a drink up there at night. You need to book it though. Something to think about. Also, get to Sagrada Familia right at 9am and go up the elevator then. The lines get very long for this if you wait.

The outside of Barcelona Cathredral was under reno when I was there but the inside is stunning. Very strong Gothic influences.

Have you tried a ticketmaster outlet? I just thought of that. They might be able to help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I will be in London for one day and one night on June 29th. I would appreciate any help!
    I'll be out of town that weekend, so you may have to just chance tickets on the night (or get them sent to your hotel/hostel).

Melkweg is a pretty small venue. The Raconteurs should be good there.

Yeah, it's astonishing. Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Battlo ...... (ran out of time and missed Batllo though. Grrr)

I guess they run a bar on the top of La Pedrera during the summer on Fri nights. It would be sooooo cool to have a drink up there at night. You need to book it though. Something to think about.

You know, I'm planning to go back in a year or two, and looking at pictures, realized I am just as excited to go a second time as I was the first time. It is the greatest city. La Pedrera was closed for restoration when I was there, the rooftop bar sounded incredible though. Batllo is great at dusk - to do it again, I'd go directly to the roof and catch the view while there is still light, then go down to the first floor and make my way up again. I was there at night which made the lighting very dramatic, but could not clearly see the tile work on the outside nor the view from the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Have you tried a ticketmaster outlet? I just thought of that. They might be able to help you out.

I have not. I will have to try that this weekend.

I guess they run a bar on the top of La Pedrera during the summer on Fri nights. It would be sooooo cool to have a drink up there at night. You need to book it though. Something to think about. Also, get to Sagrada Familia right at 9am and go up the elevator then. The lines get very long for this if you wait.

The outside of Barcelona Cathredral was under reno when I was there but the inside is stunning. Very strong Gothic influences.
    great info....thank you so.
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    You know, I'm planning to go back in a year or two, and looking at pictures, realized I am just as excited to go a second time as I was the first time. It is the greatest city. La Pedrera was closed for restoration when I was there, the rooftop bar sounded incredible though. Batllo is great at dusk - to do it again, I'd go directly to the roof and catch the view while there is still light, then go down to the first floor and make my way up again. I was there at night which made the lighting very dramatic, but could not clearly see the tile work on the outside nor the view from the roof.
    that bar sounds like a must do. thanks!!

I unsuccessfully tried to talk Mark into going to Spain. LOL