Page 1 of 16 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DNC Denver '08

Default DNC Denver '08

well here we go .... i already have a gas mask and am going to wear my bicycle helmet for some protection and of course rubber gloves and cover my skin. I'll post a picture if anyone is interested .... Peace X****

Denver police are stocking up on guns that fire a pepper spray-like substance instead of bullets - a less-lethal weapon used to disperse crowds - in advance of the Democratic National Convention.

The department recently ordered 88 Mark IV launchers and projectiles at a cost "in the low six figures," the company that makes the weapons stated in a news release Monday.

The request was for delivery in advance of the DNC, according to Louisville- based Security With Advanced Technology Inc.

The convention, scheduled for Aug. 25 to 28 at the Pepsi Center, is expected to draw thousands of protesters to sites throughout Denver.

The city received a $50 million federal grant for security. A senior adviser to Mayor John Hickenlooper has said the city plans to spend up to half that amount on equipment, with the rest going to pay officers.

But the city has refused to disclose how it is spending the money, prompting the American Civil Liberties Union last month to file a civil lawsuit.

The court filing alleges the city is violating the Colorado Open Records Act.

City officials say releasing the information is "contrary to the public interest" because it could disclose important tactical information, potentially jeopardizing security.

A city spokesperson could not be reached for comment Monday. Meanwhile, speculation about what the city is buying has run rampant.

Some organizers of protest groups believe police are buying extended-range Tasers and weapons that incapacitate people with high-intensity sound.

The Mark IV weapons the city ordered recently fire plastic balls filled with powder that's "like a combination of cayenne pepper and baby powder," the manufacturer said.

It can be fired from up to 100 feet away, said Ben Cook, director of Veritas, a subsidiary of Security With Advanced Technology.

The balls burst open on impact. While the powder will incapacitate a person like pepper spray, it doesn't cause some of the more severe reactions, Cook said.

and here is another wonderful article .. last night it seemed like a war over my house .... this sucks ..... cr****

Black Hawk helicopters buzzed downtown Denver and other neighborhoods Monday evening in a training exercise to prepare for a possible terrorist attack.
    The flights had people all over town calling authorities to find out what was going on.
    "It's nothing more than Special Operations Command training with local authorities," said Lt. Nathan Potter, with Special Operations Command, which has authority over special forces from all branches of the military.
    Potter would not say which branch of the military was flying the choppers over Denver.
    The training has nothing to do with preparations for the Democratic National Convention, which will be held in Denver in August, Potter said.
    "It's routine preparation for the global war on terrorism," he said.
    Several Black Hawk helicopters were seen flying low near Coors Field during a home game of the Colorado Rockies.
    Denver police received a number of calls about the helicopters.
    "We've gotten quite a few calls, but it's a training exercise that the DPD is involved in, and there's nothing going on," said a Denver police dispatcher. "The vast majority of people, after we tell them what's going on, they say, 'Oh, OK.' "
    Potter said the exercise will be taking place off and on in the city for the rest of the week.
    The exercises will be conducted in the afternoon to evening hours, but he could not reveal any other details about the training due to its sensitive nature.
    "The media will not be allowed to cover this training or conduct any interviews with those involved in the exercise," said Potter.
    He said that Special Operations Command has been conducting similar exercises in other cities as well.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Young blood

Default Re: DNC Denver '08

the brown note.

There will be zero riots. Anything is welcome after the last 8 years.

WTF?! is it like this for all of them or is denver just out of control? arent you guys about peace and shit?

Young blood

?????

??
    ?
    ???????!

!

?

for a second I thought Denver was having an abortion...

Young blood

hahahahaahahaha OMG hahahahahahah.

You seem pretty certain things are going to get ugly, then again so do the police!
    Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJesus28 View Post
    Paul Tollett do something!
    Daddy P! Help

why would you protest at the DNC instead of the RNC?

I see no reason to riot at the DNC this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    I see no reason to riot at the DNC this year.
    Well after Barack takes one in the dome, you'll have your reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Young blood

lol.

whitey loves obama.

George bush was the ******.

Young blood

Allright this is officially getting retarded.

not my video

Fucking blackhawk helicopters landed in a park near my work and had dudes repel from rope to the ground then the ran and hid amongst the trees. Then 10 min later another helicopter comes along a swoops them up.

This is more terrorizing than any fundamentalist group.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

rappel
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Young blood

nazi

Abseiling.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

all this will be happening right outside my hotel...it is going to be all sorts of gay...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I really don't understand. Why are they preparing for guerrilla warfare because of the DNC convention?
    For your health

Because Hillary supporters are going to riot.

Edit: Plus if I remember correctly Rage Against the Machine are playing a free show outside the DNC. When they did this in Los Angeles there was tear gas and all sorts of craziness.
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    Because Hillary supporters are going to riot.

Edit: Plus if I remember correctly Rage Against the Machine are playing a free show outside the DNC. When they did this in Los Angeles there was tear gas and all sorts of craziness.
    ratm might still be playing .... i havent went to a meeting lately on the events on if they are still saying they are going to do a free gig ... yea those damn helicopters .... and i am not usually a black helicopter type of person, but when they are over your back yard, dah ..... what does the board think if any of you are real activists .... should i just go out on my own, vid and take pics as a single protester, or be part of a more organized group ... would i get less, more, or the same access to blocks and such just as CR as opposed to the ole ' SDS radical i was ... i bought my hd video cam for the music fests, now it has maybe a better reason ... just a thought ... fucking govt ... x****

the forces that be should organize a free Foo Fighters concert that sedates everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

"I want to change the world and make it a better place. To convince you of my argument, to get you to see my logic, I'm going to set this car on fire."

protesters are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

they get yer attention when its yer car

attention, yes. vote, no.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

what if the AARP burned yer car?

the AARP is full of hippies so your premise is plausible.

fuck the aarp

Young blood

Oprah booked two nightclubs 4 her parties 4 the DNC ft. christina aguilera. so hot.

"I want to change the world and make it a better place. To convince you of my argument, to get you to see my logic, I'm going to set this car on fire."

protesters are stupid.
    lets put this in some sort of prospective .... if you had your coachella tics, drove from PNX to the fest, and all of the sudden there were signs that said "event cancelled", what would you do .... just say, hey day in a life, go home and try and get your money, or would you raise hell ... that is nothing cept a protest of a different sort ... someone talked about milqtoast sp, we cant always be that way ... i am not spouting left or right wing bs, just my thoughts as a citizen .... x****

this is off thread sort of, but then i started it so lalalal .... i have surfed some and cant find the article ... does anyone have a link to a story on the surpreme court saying that if you work at home, your pc is not open to the freedom of information act .... it was just decided yesterday and i cant find a thing .. tnx ....x****

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    lets put this in some sort of prospective .... if you had your coachella tics, drove from PNX to the fest, and all of the sudden there were signs that said "event cancelled", what would you do .... just say, hey day in a life, go home and try and get your money, or would you raise hell ... that is nothing cept a protest of a different sort ... someone talked about milqtoast sp, we cant always be that way ... i am not spouting left or right wing bs, just my thoughts as a citizen .... x****
    yeah i'd be pissed. but i wouldn't set anyone's car on fire. cuz that'd be stupid.

Change happens by convincing people it's the right thing to do. by swaying the public sentiment. Smashing shopfront windows only convinces people you're a bunch of criminals and ought to be in jail.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

fuck where I have been...what is with this talk about RATM at the DNC here?
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Young blood

Rage Against The Machine Crashing Presidential Conventions?
    Rage Against The Machine Crashing Presidential Conventions?

By: Don Kaye

Rage Against The Machine only has one U.S. date scheduled so far in 2008, at the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago's Grant Park on Saturday, August 2nd. But guitarist Tom Morello told us that the political rockers haven't ruled out giving a few more U.S. performances this year: "There is the possibility that we will be playing at the demonstrations surrounding the Presidential conventions. The Democrats are in Denver, the Republicans are in Minneapolis. But we're still looking into that."

The Democratic convention is scheduled for August 25th through the 28th in Denver, while the Republicans will descend on Minneapolis from September 1st to the 4th.

Rage Against The Machine performed outside the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles in August of 2000, one of the group's final performances before going on a seven-year hiatus.

The band reunited last year for a series of concerts and festival appearances that continues in 2008.

Rumors persist that a new Rage album is in the works, but the group has not announced any official plans to record new music.