Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47

Thread: If you've been 3+ years...

  1. #1
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,491

    Default If you've been 3+ years...

    ...rate them.

    I'd say, overall:

    1. 2008 (damn. just, damn.)
    2. 2007
    3. 2004
    4. 2006
    5. 2005 (weakest lineup, and sober)

    And really, 2006 was amazing. Don't get me wrong.
    2004 beats it out only because it was such an incredible first experience.

    Anyhow.. that's how I'd rate them, personally.
    Play along, won't you?


  2. #2
    old school matsuolost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    buenos aires
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    06 (the best)
    08

    07
    as predicted by nostradamus

  3. #3
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,397

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    1. 2007
    2. 2008
    3. 2006

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,709

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    2006
    2008
    2007
    2005

    I excluded 2004 because I could only attend the first day, which was legendary.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  5. #5
    Member slurpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    First place goes to 2004

    Second place is easily 2008.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,742

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    it's really too close for me to call. 2004 and 2006 both compete very closely for the best. it's very hard for me to rank either of 2003 or 2008 above each other. 2007 was my least favorite. that's all the times I've been.

  7. #7

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    2008
    2007
    2006
    2005
    2004
    2003
    2002
    2001

    Next year will top all of these.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    This is kind of bullshit inquiry...every year is great and it's like saying I love my first child over my second & third children...

    But I'll give it my best shot...
    2004
    2006
    2008
    2005
    2007

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,474

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    2004 (the cure, radiohead, air & pixies at sunset, kraftwerk, HOW CAN YOU LOSE?!)
    2006
    2005
    2008 (only because i was only there for 3 hours saturday when we had to leave due to injury, i'm sure it would have ranked higher if i'd stayed )
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  10. #10
    Member dioscorides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    1. 2006
    2. 2007
    3. 2008
    4. 2005
    2005 2006 2007 2008 2010 2013(w1)
    last.fm | instagram

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    1. 2008
    2. 2006
    3. 2007
    The White Stripes 9/18

  12. #12
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    2004
    2007
    2008
    2005
    2006
    2001
    2002
    2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,496

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    07
    08

    I know I cheated. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  14. #14
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,827

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    2004
    2008
    2006
    2007
    2003
    2005


    hmmm, for some reason even-numbered years are always better than odd-numbered years. that's odd.

  15. #15
    Member slurpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    2004
    2008
    2006
    2007
    2003
    2005


    hmmm, for some reason even-numbered years are always better than odd-numbered years. that's odd.
    I think this is the winning ballot.

    Good work, you have good taste in Coachellas.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

  16. #16
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    07
    08

    I know I cheated. Sorry.
    Cheater!!!!



    1. 2004
    2. 2006
    3. 2008
    4. 2007
    5. 2005
    6. 2003

  17. #17
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,062

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    1. 2008
    2. 2006
    3. 2005
    4. 2007

  18. #18
    old school JebusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,299

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    2007
    2006
    2008
    2005
    2001

    (missed the others...)

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,366

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    It seems as if I've done this before and I'm sure that every time I am forced to reflect it is probably different. At the moment this is what comes to mind:

    best to "worst"
    01
    99
    06
    08
    04
    02
    03
    05
    07

    It will probably be different if you ask me to do it again in 10 minutes.

  20. #20
    old school matsuolost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    buenos aires
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    looks like 07 didnt pass the test of time

    i blame the fucking crowd
    as predicted by nostradamus

  21. #21
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    08
    04
    05
    06 (only because i got heatstroke after sleater-kinney. missed out on sunday's last half of performances) - otherwise probably would be above 05.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

  22. #22
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,062

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    looks like 07 didnt pass the test of time

    i blame the fucking crowd
    I blame the lack of a Sahara. But Arcade Fire, Sonic Youth, Rage, and Gotan Project were great.

  23. #23
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    I can't pick between '07 and '08. '07 had many more bands I wanted to see and never thought I would including JAMC and Faithless but '08 had Kraftwerk --> Portishead --> Prince.

    '06 was good but not near the other two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  24. #24
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,648

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    • 2006~ Daft Punk. 'Nuf said!
    • 2008~ Dark Side of the Moon...under the stars...Wow!
      • 2004~ Who doesn't remember the first time at something special?
      • 2005~My dedication to classic rock became a part of my history that year...
      • 2007~ The diversity and size of the crowd that year just threw shit off, I think.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  25. #25
    Member send me ctrpllrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    For me it has been better each year...

    2008
    2007
    2006

  26. #26
    Member g0k1ngsg0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    2006
    2008
    2007

  27. #27
    old school cansei de ser sexme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    07
    08
    06

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,496

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    I don't see how so many people can think 08 was better than 07.

    And I am not saying that just because Rage were there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I don't see how so many people can think 08 was better than 07.

    And I am not saying that just because Rage were there.
    Its because Rage was there. The atmosphere really suffered because of it. Plus not much can beat Kraftwerk-->Portishead-->Prince. If 2007 didn't have the whole Air fiasco it would have been a lot better.
    The White Stripes 9/18

  30. #30
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: If you've been 3+ years...

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I don't see how so many people can think 08 was better than 07.

    ...........
    Because of Portishead, Prince, RW and his donkey show, the more moderate temps and the smaller crowds, I can see why folks preferred '08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Similar Threads

  1. how many more years do u think coachella will go for?
    By HEADSTRUCK in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 07:09 PM
  2. Best Act Of The Last Five Years
    By thelastgreatman in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
  3. What do you usually do for New Years Eve??
    By Glamour Damaged in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 05:33 AM
  4. It was 30 years ago today...
    By KenMixtape in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
  5. Wheres this years Map?
    By Chewy Laya in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •