Thread: Sean Lennon, Miho Hatori, Mars Volta, Modest Mouse-

Default Sean Lennon, Miho Hatori, Mars Volta, Modest Mouse-

So where are they at, all of them are doing or playing somewhere these days. If the stupid chili peppers can come back, then so can Mars Volta. And didn't Cibo Matto (Miho) play Coachella a while back as well as Modest Mouse. And Sean Lennon would be perfect, way better than that stupid Bright Eyes guy.

Long Live Bjork.

vinylmartyr

Default Re: Sean Lennon, Miho Hatori, Mars Volta, Modest Mouse-

They have all played Coachella before. Sean Lennon played with Cibo Matto.

vinylmartyr

Miho is touring by herself right now and Sean has a solo album he is touring in support of.

Long live Yoko Ono.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmars View Post
    So where are they at, all of them are doing or playing somewhere these days. If the stupid chili peppers can come back, then so can Mars Volta. And didn't Cibo Matto (Miho) play Coachella a while back as well as Modest Mouse. And Sean Lennon would be perfect, way better than that stupid Bright Eyes guy.

Long Live Bjork.
    Sean Lennon would just be as bad as that Bright Eyes guy, the output of both is stupid, they both clearly have talent, they just do not know how to use it. Mars Volta are far worse than the Chili Peppers. Modest Mouse is absolutely terrible, to a point that their music is laughable. Miho Hatori is pretty good, though I prefer Yuka Honda's solo work.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmars View Post

Long Live Bjork.
    Conner Oberst is almost getting close to being as good as John Lennon.

Sean lennon is just another singer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

sean lennon and bright eyes sound nothing alike. unless i missed the memo were all accousitc guitarist volcals sound the same now? sean lennon elliott smith yes conor oberst sean lennon no

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    sean lennon and bright eyes sound nothing alike. unless i missed the memo were all accousitc guitarist volcals sound the same now? sean lennon elliott smith yes conor oberst sean lennon no
    I think its funny say Bright Eyes sounds nothing like Sean Lennon then compare Lennon to Elliot Smith when Smith is probably Oberst's biggest influence.

Oh and I totally agree with whoever said that they both have talent, but don't know what to do with it. I was having this discussion with my friend while watching the coachella dvd. We were making fun of Bright Eye's but I turned to my friend and said you know what he's still really really young and one of these days hes going to come out with an incredible album.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    I think its funny say Bright Eyes sounds nothing like Sean Lennon then compare Lennon to Elliot Smith when Smith is probably Oberst's biggest influence.

Oh and I totally agree with whoever said that they both have talent, but don't know what to do with it. I was having this discussion with my friend while watching the coachella dvd. We were making fun of Bright Eye's but I turned to my friend and said you know what he's still really really young and one of these days hes going to come out with an incredible album.
    go listen to lifted right now and tell me thats not an amzing album. and i cant rember if i said seeing sean lennon would be cool or not? so if not it would. fyi.

i wonder how elliot smith is bright eyes biggest influence when connor released his sophomore album the same year as elliot smith released his solo debut...
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Okay fine maybe I was a little overzealous, but he's still an influence its not like people stop being influenced by others just because they've released an album. And Commander Venus sounds a lot different than Bright Eyes.

vinylmartyr

I wish Sean Lennon was playing Coachella.

I don't see Elliott Smith as a big influence on Conor Oberst. Conor is following the singer/songwriter trend, but he's taking a more country slant to it, and his earlier recordings are contemporaries with Elliott.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Im suprised he isn't playing coachella. He puts on a great show despite all the people in the crowd heckeling him to play beatles and john lennon songs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I don't see Elliott Smith as a big influence on Conor Oberst. Conor is following the singer/songwriter trend, but he's taking a more country slant to it, and his earlier recordings are contemporaries with Elliott.
    Yeah Conor has a more folkish sound.

Yeah Conor has a more folkish sound.
    [edit] Influences
    Oberst was drawn to music at a very early age, due in part to his older brother's penchant for bands like The Cure. He has cited their first singles collection, Staring at the Sea, as the first record he ever bought, as well as being one of his favorites. "It must have been third grade...I bought the cassette at a local record store chain called Homer's in Omaha. I just loved the sound of Robert Smith's voice. It just sounded good."[6]

His biggest influences and favorite songwriters are local musicians David Dondero and Simon Joyner.[7] Joyner wrote the lyrics to the song "Burn Rubber", which appeared on Bright Eyes' "Take It Easy (Love Nothing)" single. The two used to do mini-tours together, usually on weekends due to Joyner having a family.

Oberst has also been heavily influenced by the 1960s folk revival, mentioning Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, and country singer Emmylou Harris. He covered Neil Young's "Out on the Weekend", collaborating with Jim James and M. Ward in concert. Harris sang in a few tracks on Bright Eyes' I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.

just for your info.. no hard feelings

stop arguing.

sean lennon should play coachella instead of just watching it.