View Poll Results: who are you planning on voting for?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

130 76.47%
  • McCain

20 11.76%
  • Not Voting

20 11.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Obama Vs. McCain

Default Re: Obama Vs. McCain

I know some Hillary supporters who are now planning to vote McCain. It makes me angry, and a little scared.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    Although it seems Obama will win... Im still voting McCain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I know some Hillary supporters who are now planning to vote McCain. It makes me angry, and a little scared.
    See, assholes? Nobody wanted to believe me that Americans even in civilized areas are still dumb, racist cocksuckers... NOW LOOK.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

wow. wow. wow.
    I just can't believe that anyone who attends Coachella would actually vote for John McCain.

Fucking... really???? are you serious?

McCain voters:
    Did you vote for Bush in 2000?
    Did you vote for Bush in 2004?
    Do you still believe in the "terrorist" threat to America?
    Do you want our military in Iraq/Iran/where ever else they want for another 4-8 years?

I don't fucking get it.
    Either you're really smart, rich and evil -OR- you're just incredibly gullible and ignorant.

I'm not saying that Obama is perfect by any means. I would have voted for Clinton. But Obama is clearly NOT another extension of still-President Bush.

McCain is the perfect example of someone we DO NOT NEED as a leader of our country.

McCain is not as bad as Bush. But I'm voting Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    See, assholes? Nobody wanted to believe me that Americans even in civilized areas are still dumb, racist cocksuckers... NOW LOOK.

Count me as one who initially didn't believe you, then I read a study that concluded that in West Virginia and South Carolina, nearly 30% of people who voted for Hilary during the primaries, did so because they could not, "support a black person for president". I know these are red states, but these are also fucking democrats that were polled!

I guess a democrat in the south is like a right-wing reactionary in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    McCain is the perfect example of someone we DO NOT NEED as a leader of our country.
    when it comes to foreign policy, mccain is the right choice. he has more experience than obama by far. no, he won't get us into another war. and yes, he will keep us in iraq. but we have to stay in iraq because bush fucked it up really bad and now we have to clean up after him.

if there was no war, i would vote for obama.
    unfortunately, i'll be chanting Nobama this year.

for the record, i'm voting nader. i live in california, obama will win it easily. and i align closest to nader (except in foreign policy).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    when it comes to foreign policy, mccain is the right choice.
    Interesting opinion, considering that our overseas allies (the few we have left anyway) can't stand McCain.

My parents are currently in Berlin. They went to a 4th of July celebration hosted by the American Embassy, and there were two booths there, "Democrats Abroad" and "Republicans Abroad." The Democrats Abroad booth was buzzing, and not just with Americans: a number of Germans also wanted Obama balloons and stickers to show their support. It ended up looking like a mini Obama rally in the heart of Berlin.

For the whole day, no one approached the Republicans Abroad booth. The two people manning it were very bored.

A French-language newspaper my father reads ran an article the day after Obama won with Obama's picture on it and the caption (in French, but he translated it for me) "If this is the new face of America, then everything has changed."

The French love America; they share historical ties with us going right back to when we broke off from England, American culture, films and TV are very popular, and it took Bush and Co. a lot of effort ("Freedom Fries") to alienate them so deeply. Obama, simply by being so DIFFERENT from Bush, wipes the slate clean. We'll actually get to rebuild our alliances. Then maybe, together, we can work towards solving our problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    You shouldn't go around kicking trees when you're in the middle of the forest, because if you miss the forest, you're screwed, because it's a...really awesome forest.

obama would be the better image (he's not an old white guy). people would get their hopes up that america is going in a new direction.
    it wont. maybe i'm just pessimistic, but mccain will better manage how america handles our dealings in the middle east. he'll be as strong as possible without going to war.
    obama would be peaceful like jimmy carter, but not effective.

maybe i'm just pessimistic, but mccain will better manage how america handles our dealings in the middle east.
    You can't know how Obama will handle things in the Middle East: Obama's a freshman senator. He's got almost no record. At the moment all we have are campaign promises.

Also, I've hung out with enough cognitive psychologists (thanks to my dad) that I know this is true: after the age of 70, cognitive ability starts dropping dramatically, especially in stressful situations. That's not an opinion, that's research. The idea of him dealing with a delicate, volatile international crisis at 2AM kind of scares me.
    You shouldn't go around kicking trees when you're in the middle of the forest, because if you miss the forest, you're screwed, because it's a...really awesome forest.

mccain has advisors to help him out. and hopefully he'll have a decent veep.
    we cant know for sure his cognitive ability is fleeting. okay, yeah, he is going senile.
    i think mccain will make a decent one term president. and then hillary in 12.

the only way i could see myself voting nobama is if he gets a strong veep. like a richardson maybe.

when it comes to foreign policy, mccain is the right choice. he has more experience than obama by far.
    if you knew anything about history, you'd know that a leader having experience doesn't mean jackshit towards how they acutally perform once they are in power.

mccain has advisors to help him out.
    So does Obama. In fact, if you look at the line-up of people Obama's gathered around him, they are mostly old John F. Kennedy people, including the legendary Ted Sorensen, his lead speechwriter. Sorenson wrote the famous line "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" and was instrumental in resolving the Cuban Missile Crisis by drafting the letters that Kennedy would send to the Soviet leader.

That said, I actually doubt Obama is going to win. I'm still going to vote for him, and it'll be a near thing, but I'm pretty sure Bushie has a plan in place to make sure his people stay in power. Lets face it, he'll find some way to win again.

okay then.
    who would you trust.
    the senator that has dealt with the bullshit of politics for decades.
    or the senator that talks about talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer4Ever View Post
    I'm pretty sure Bushie has a plan in place to make sure his people stay in power. Lets face it, he'll find some way to win again.

nah, i dont think his people like mccain. i think mccain has a legitimate chance of winning cleanly.

the senator that has dealt with the bullshit of politics for decades.
    or the senator that talks about talking.
    The talker. Maybe that makes me a sucker, but I want things to change, and someone who has been part of the things that need changing for as long as McCain has is NOT the way to go. He'll have us in the quagmire from now until 2100.

Bush's people love McCain. They have to: he's their party's nominee. They'll back him, employ all the dirty tricks they can in his favor, and he'll win because even democratic white southerners won't vote for a black guy and just enough people will be racist (or mad about Hilary not getting the nomination) for McCain to squeak into the victory slot. Just you wait.

iraq is a fucked up mess. come to think of it, we may have to rely on the democrats winning more seats in both houses for anything to happen.

i'm just hoping mccain snaps out of it and starts acting like it's 1999.

I know what you mean. McCain was so much cooler when he was 63!!!

Or did you mean start acting like this?:

Because it totally IS 1999. That calender LIES.

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    I know what you mean. McCain was so much cooler when he was 63!!!

Or did you mean start acting like this?:
    i didnt think about it until after i posted it. prince lives in my subconscious.

I still don't get it. You said we may have to rely on more democrats winning seats in both houses... why, then, would you support a republican candidate?

And yeah you said you're voting Nader.. so stop talking about McCain. You'll give people ideas. Bad ideas.

And saying shit like "Nobama" makes you sound like a moron. Let's not perpetuate the ridiculousness of presidential campaigns with silly-ass nicknames and buzzwords, okay?

nothing will get done in washington without a definite majority in the houses. the dems have the advantage right now. if the house remains split, then washington will just be limited by partisan bull. if the dems win more seats, then shit could get done.

i support the better foreign leader. a better commander in chief. that's mccain. as for domestic dealings, i believe mccain will not veto liberal legislation. he would appoint moderate justices that could swing liberally.
    mccain is no bush. mccain is pandering to the right to get elected. let's face it, he'll only be a 1 termer, meaning once in office, he could stop being a republican and start being the individual we all grew to love.

other than that:
    both candidates are weak with the economy and both have decent immigration policy.

Is california winner-take-all or is it split up by different districts? As in does one candidate get all the electoral college votes or can both candidates get part of the EC votes as to the percentage of votes they receive... Does that make any sense? I know some primaries are like that...

zenidogx... people like you are the reason bush was president for 2 terms.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Thank you!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Is california winner-take-all or is it split up by different districts? As in does one candidate get all the electoral college votes or can both candidates get part of the EC votes as to the percentage of votes they receive... Does that make any sense? I know some primaries are like that...
    In the general election CA's 50 electoral college votes (I think its 50) are winner take all. You're correct about the primaries though.

it's pretty much winner take all

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    fuck you.

seriously. no.

bush is the worst fucking president ever. i woulda voted Kerry in 04. he wouldnt have done much, but he couldnt have fucked it up worse than bush. mccain could maintain the war. again, he can't fuck it up.
    obama wouldnt do much either. yes, he'd be better than bush. however, obama is running on speeches. mccain is running on experience in washington.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I love how people think that experience in Washington makes someone a better President. We complain and complain and complain about how all politicians are corrupt and liars and evil and then when the candidate isn't the right skin color just watch how fast people leap up to claim we need someone with "experience." As if experience as a Senator has anything to do with being a good President.

Hey, why don't we just find the most corrupt, two-faced, riding his incumbency to forty years of Senatorial time motherfucker we can and make him President 'cause after all he's put in more years being one of the cocksuckers we're tired of ruining our country.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

mccain knows the game. he's far from being one of the worst politicians. until recently, he was the coolest republican in washington. he and Chuck Hagel are the shit.

if Obama was white . . . y'know where i'm going. but it's true.
    if Clinton was the nom, i'd be saying, "if she was a man . . . "

the best nominee out of the dems was Edwards.