Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends

Default 2012: The Year The Internet Ends

I found this on another message board. The only plus I find in this is maybe it can end Illegal Music Downloading.

Conspiracy theory or truth, you decide... but here's some insight to the info as it stands...

http://ipower.ning.com/netneutrality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPiqhN_Ns

In some ways it does make sense... corporations around the world are trying to make more $$$ and can't figure a way how and look at the internet as a untouched land of opportunity... Can you imagine your internet access being limited to a price for the vast amounts of stuff that you can actually search and get to based on a subscription set by your ISP?

It's kinda like paying for basic cable, you obviously can't get HBO with basic cable... but you'll get basic cable if you pay for that HBO premium for your cable. Well do you want to visit those cool web sites you visit often? Not unless you pay for the premium will you be able to... you'll be stuck using what can be found at the price you pay for.

By 2012, broadband speeds will be a thing of the past, what you'll be paying for is what you can visit on the web from what this looks like... and from what Web 2.0 looks like, it's going to suck major donkey balls.
    Years gone to Coachella

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

The following members on this board can Suck a Dick

Blackswan

Passive Theory

Default Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends

UGH. horrible idea.

wouldn't shock me in the slightest though.

C.R.E.A.M

but really it doesn't matter at all. The world is ending 2012 so who cares about the internet at that point
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    UGH. horrible idea.

wouldn't shock me in the slightest though.

C.R.E.A.M

but really it doesn't matter at all. The world is ending 2012 so who cares about the internet at that point
    Hahahah yeah man. Live it up. Cash out that 401k. Smoke and drink and fuck and who gives a shit right?

FUCKING SHIT. what a bunch of BULLSHIT!.
    Last edited by Sushov23; 06-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.

that would suck

There are so many red flags in this, that I don't understand how anybody could buy this for a second.

Think of it this way, hypothetically: Every company that sells cars could decide to add 10,000$ to the price of each car. All of them would implement this, so we would not have an alternative. Of course we want cars, just like we want the internet, and would have to do what we can to get the extra 10,000$. Other than lose a lot of potential buyers, why don't car companies all band together and do something like this? Because one of those car companies is going to fuck the others by not doing it, therefore becoming the golden alternative that we could choose and buy cars at an affordable price. It would be stupid for competitive companies to try and implement something like that without reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

all this happened in 2000. we're living in the webs now. its all a fantasy.

yay Alchemy. common sense roolz.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    all this happened in 2000. we're living in the webs now. its all a fantasy.
    Funniest shit i've heard all day.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

The internet will become a government regulated industry and advertising will be built into your ISP. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

ok, i just clicked on the link and im 2 seconds into the video. id like to state right now that i will believe anything the chick with the sweet cleavage showing says.

2:38. i dont care enough about the net to care what this douche nozzle is saying. bye bye thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    The internet will become a government regulated industry and advertising will be built into your ISP. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    They tried built in advertising, remember NetZero. My favorite was Free At Last because the software was so buggy that after being online for a couple hours the ad software would crash then you were online for free with out advertisments. Plus once it crashed as long as you didn't reboot you could sign in and out without ads. They found out that people would rather pay then get free (crappy)internet with a static ad banner.

We are not a communist society, and the government will not take over a whole industry just won't happen.

Internet set up like basic cable goes against everything the internet stands for this won't happen. Plus there are fundamental differences between cable TV and the Internet. Cable TV is limited by what it pulls of the satalites and then pipes into your homes. Where as the internet has no limits, for the most part, and has been expanding since its creation. A cable company has the choice of what it pulls from the satalites, and serves up its programming that way. While the internet is just an open door, where the user goes and pulls up what they want.

There is no way that this kind of change will accepted by the people, remember AOL and Prodigy. They tried to create their own areas of information with a tiered system. For alot of the really cool things you had to pay extra, but you could also search the web as a whole. These ISP's failed because that is not what the people want. So there is no way this is ever going to happen or be successful. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

I recently paid $x to gain "insider" status on ESPN.com.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I feel like anytime someone says Ever, that's taunting and the thing they say wont ever happen is more likely now due to the taunting.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    They tried built in advertising, remember NetZero. My favorite was Free At Last because the software was so buggy that after being online for a couple hours the ad software would crash then you were online for free with out advertisments. Plus once it crashed as long as you didn't reboot you could sign in and out without ads. They found out that people would rather pay then get free (crappy)internet with a static ad banner.

We are not a communist society, and the government will not take over a whole industry just won't happen.

Internet set up like basic cable goes against everything the internet stands for this won't happen. Plus there are fundamental differences between cable TV and the Internet. Cable TV is limited by what it pulls of the satalites and then pipes into your homes. Where as the internet has no limits, for the most part, and has been expanding since its creation. A cable company has the choice of what it pulls from the satalites, and serves up its programming that way. While the internet is just an open door, where the user goes and pulls up what they want.

There is no way that this kind of change will accepted by the people, remember AOL and Prodigy. They tried to create their own areas of information with a tiered system. For alot of the really cool things you had to pay extra, but you could also search the web as a whole. These ISP's failed because that is not what the people want. So there is no way this is ever going to happen or be successful. Ever.
    Once again, you're processing communism in the reverse direction. Once the energy industry turns from fossil fuels to newer tech power, we will automatically have the basis for the largest monopoly in history in front of us: computers, entertainment all being delivered over the internet, and the fuel to power everything generated by companies that will quickly be bought out by Microsoft and Google.

Being a capitalist nation it will be easy to convince the government that Tech has become the business of life in general, and the monopoly will effectively absorb the government. File sharing will be stopped because they simply won't allow the bandwidth to be absorbed in that respect, entertainment will have advertising built into it, tech fuel prices will rise back to just as high as we're willing to pay.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

That is different than i was talking about. AOL and Prodigy, where trying to limit parts of there overall content when they first came out. But i don't really like ESPN insider but that is just me.

Once again, you're processing communism in the reverse direction. Once the energy industry turns from fossil fuels to newer tech power, we will automatically have the basis for the largest monopoly in history in front of us: computers, entertainment all being delivered over the internet, and the fuel to power everything generated by companies that will quickly be bought out by Microsoft and Google.

Being a capitalist nation it will be easy to convince the government that Tech has become the business of life in general, and the monopoly will effectively absorb the government. File sharing will be stopped because they simply won't allow the bandwidth to be absorbed in that respect, entertainment will have advertising built into it, tech fuel prices will rise back to just as high as we're willing to pay.
    Bandwidth is going to continue to grow to feed our growing hunger for streaming media and downloadable media. Entertainment already has built in advertisments, go check out Hulu.com for future of internet TV. The problem they are coming across is the short attention spans of people. One study says if the user has to watch more than 45 seconds of advertising in one block they will click over to another page and leave the site.

People like me are going to buy their internet from companies that allow me to use file-sharing. Those other companies that try and limit will fail, plan and simple. Their will be no monopoly of the industry either the government will step in before it gets out of control. That is why major mergers have to be aprroved by FTC and the department of Justice. Competition will always be present.

Right. Cause the government is so good at regulating the oil industry, right? You're fucking naive, Blink. Prepare yourself for e-Thunderdome and walk away from the (hydrogen fuel cell) gasoline, motherfucker.

in 2012 President Obama will make the internet free to all Americans.

How said is that...
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

Not at all "said". I enjoy sports and like reading about them. "Insider" gives me access to more content. It's no different than a subscription to Sports Illustrated.

My advice to you, garrrettt, is that if you're gonna take potshots at me, don't make a complete buffoon of yourself in the process. It spoils the effect.

Young blood

Im said....

: /

Right. Cause the government is so good at regulating the oil industry, right? You're fucking naive, Blink. Prepare yourself for e-Thunderdome and walk away from the (hydrogen fuel cell) gasoline, motherfucker.
    There is a big difference between those two industries, it is called the barrier to entry. To start up an oil company i have to find new oil reserves, buy the land, build them up, create distribution networks, refineries, lots of shit. There are fewer barriers to entry in the ISP market. So if the opportunity presents it self where the main ISPs are not serving the needs of the customers than new ones will spring up.

Are you kidding me? You're trying to claim that there's not a barrier to providing high-speed internet access for a startup company? Why do you think it's all been absorbed by the phone companies and cable? It requires extremely powerful and expensive cabling. What fucking startup is going to be able to handle that?

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    why would one need google when they only have access to 260 some sites?

Are you kidding me? You're trying to claim that there's not a barrier to providing high-speed internet access for a startup company? Why do you think it's all been absorbed by the phone companies and cable? It requires extremely powerful and expensive cabling. What fucking startup is going to be able to handle that?
    so the equipment is the barrier?

True the move to highspeed has increased the barriers to entry, but that doesn't stop all the providers. There is still a large number of idependent ISPs that offer high speed service. Santa Cruz even has its own independent high speed ISP called CruzCat.