Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random Coachella Facts and History....

Default Re: Random Coachella Facts and History....

its not semantics at all. there was no death at the festival and I don't appreciate the spread of false info. It was not at the festival NOR was it at our onsite camping. It was offsite at some Un-permitted private land.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Those are some fucking half-assed facts, Memorial.
    complain to whoever booked them.
    i was just naming facts

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Prince did not get 4.8 million. Perez Hilton is full of shit.
    He had to have been pretty close considering how exclusive prince is

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    its not semantics at all. there was no death at the festival and I don't appreciate the spread of false info. It was not at the festival NOR was it at our onsite camping. It was offsite at some Un-permitted private land.
    Just curious, and you can tell me it's none of my fucking business... will the off-site people be held responsible for that deal becaue of the unpermitted issue? I know alot of people that live close to the fest were offering rooms, etc here in the local ads, and I'm sure they'ld think twice about that knowing they could be held responsible, no? Like I said, you can say, "Noneyofuckin'bizness" if y'ant.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

right on... do a little research before you make such a bold comment.
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

will the off-site people be held responsible for that deal
    I have no idea - I would assume in general that most parents would sue. I would assume the police would investigate. who knows.

What about xnmbx? DIdnt he die in his tent at onsite camping?

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    What about xnmbx? DIdnt he die in his tent at onsite camping?
    Are you talking 'bout vynilmartyr??? I think officially that was associated with dehydration...

xbmnx was not at coachella onsite camping... offsite.. some random person's land.

Coachella's tears cure cancer. Too bad Coachella has never cried.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Coachella's tears cure cancer. Too bad Coachella has never cried.
    stolen chuck norris joke.
    nice

I have no idea - I would assume in general that most parents would sue. I would assume the police would investigate. who knows.
    I kinda gathered his drug use was no secret. He liked living on the edge in his highs, so it would seem unfair if the people who were kind enough to provide a place for him to camp, were to face punishment for something they had no control over. Very sad indeed. Thanks Dani~
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by special44 View Post
    #1 - The first Coachella Festival (1999) was in October #2 - There was no Coachella in 2000 #3 - Aphex Twin was schedualed to play in 2001 but canceled #4 - Coachella 2001 was only one day #5 - A Perfect circle was the first band to play at the first Coachella #6 - Perry Farrell has performed at coachella 9 times and has played at every single Coachella - 1999 (as himself), 2001 (as part of Jane's Addiction), 2002, 2003 (last-minute surprise performance in the Gobi tent as DJ Peretz), 2004, 2005 (as DJ Peretz), 2006 (as a special guest of Hybrid), 2007 (as part of Satellite Party and a guest of The nightwatchman), 2008 #7 - Josh Homme comes in second with 5 apperances - 2002 and 2003 (with Queens of the Stone Age), 2004 (with The Desert Sessions), 2005 (with UNKLE), 2006 (with Eagles of Death Metal)
    #8 - 3rd place is a tie, with 4 performances each, between The Chemical Bros. (1999, 2001, 2002, 2005) and Maynard James Keenan 1999 (performed with A Perfect Circle, Rage Against the Machine and Tool), 2006 (with Tool) #9 - Additionally.. there are 14 artists who have played 3 times and 54 artists who have played twice #10 - The Empire Polo Field had it's musical cherry popped when Pearl Jam and Tool played there on 11/5/93 #11 - There was no camping for the 2001 or 1999 festivals Let's hear your addtions to the list
    #12 - Fatbastard, a Coachella board member, suffered from gas on Day 2 of 2002.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

random fact- 2008 was airguitarvet's FIFTH YEAR in attendance
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

another random coachella related fact:

don't piss off dani

correlation #1:

making her repeat herself irritates her

correlation #2:

talking about dani in a public space...bad idea...

oshi...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Fun Fact #13, Dani is serious about PR...

There was no death at coachella 2008.
    good point... technically, he died later at another location... but he was a festival-goer who died DURING Coachella weekend... has anyone confirmed that he walked out of the festival of his own accord? if he TOOK what killed him on the festival grounds, but expired later, what does that really mean?

let's say somebody got shot at coachella, is driven by ambulence to a hospital, where they later die, does that mean no one died at Coachella, cause 'actually' they died at a hospital? even if one DID ever die at Coachella, paramedics wouldn't declare the person dead until they arrived at a hospital anyway...

in MY opinion, if what killed him was taken on festival grounds and/or he had to be carried out by friends at the end of the night, he died at Coachella...

the confetti was biodegradable, in case anyone cares.
    unless the confetti was made of concrete or metal, this seems to be a pointless statement... over a long enough period of time, all carbon-based materials are biodegradable...

in my experience, most confetti is made of PAPER... since when is paper NOT biodegradable? sure, it may be processed to biodegrade QUICKER, but that doesn't really mean anything... even that shitty plastic-type confetti will biodegrade at some point, and probably long before next year's fest (although with the lack of moisture in the indio area this could be argued)...
    Last edited by Xenocide; 07-07-2008 at 12:53 AM.

FACT: A Churro has been known to provide the nourishment necessary in order to sustain energy levels needed for dancing and at times, basic survival at Coachella. I have recently discovered a place here that's very close to home. (Too close, maybe.) They make authentic and fresh churros to order. Regular, strawberry, caramel, and vanilla filled flavors are offered. I will currently be testing these churros for their ability to help me sustain and survive until Coachella 2009. BTW...So far, the caramel filled has proven itself to be damned fuckin' tasty! (I'll be the chubby ol' lady runnin' around Coach in 2009!)

looks like randy's cock infected with syphillis... (in other words, randy's cock)

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Fun Fact #13, Dani is serious about PR...

good point... technically, he died later at another location... but he was a festival-goer who died DURING Coachella weekend... has anyone confirmed that he walked out of the festival of his own accord? if he TOOK what killed him on the festival grounds, but expired later, what does that really mean?

let's say somebody got shot at coachella, is driven by ambulence to a hospital, where they later die, does that mean no one died at Coachella, cause 'actually' they died at a hospital? even if one DID ever die at Coachella, paramedics wouldn't declare the person dead until they arrived at a hospital anyway...

in MY opinion, if what killed him was taken on festival grounds and/or he had to be carried out by friends at the end of the night, he died at Coachella...
    He walked out. He was fine for a while after leaving the festival, not sure exactly how many hours but I know that he was conscious and put himself to bed. Died in his sleep I do believe--most opiate ODs take several hours to actually depress the respiratory system enough to become fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

They missed about which artists have played more than once over the same weekend. That would be Dave Grohl in 2002 with Foo Fighters and Queens of the stone age, and Maynard in 1999 with A Perfect Circle and Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Exactly. Nobody dies at Disney.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Didn't the Cure go past 1am?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Didn't the Cure go past 1am?
    What about the Orb back in.. 01, I think?

When Ben died after attending Coachella, it was from a drug overdose. If ingested at Coachella, would that lead to a lawsuit for GV?

From the postings previously, it sounds like he needed an intervention from a long history of drug abuse & no one stepped up to the bat. When he hit bottom, it was death.

Maybe something more can be done at Coachella 2009 to spread awareness or prevent such tragedies - and for this board to do less promotion of drug abuse.

Take care of your Coachella friends, not by supplying and covering up, but by prevention and having the balls to say "no."

Instead of just denying & saying it happened on someone else's property, it was in fact Coachella-related. Ben's death is an alert to GV to be more pro-active. One way is by the moderator of this message board to delete postings of illegal drug activity.
    Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 07-13-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Fuck you, Gay. Ben never used this board for any drug procurement. It's a goddamn music festival, people are going to do drugs. Should the Olympics be held responsible for every single instance of someone injuring themselves off their property in the private residence they'd rented to attend?

Know who's to blame for Ben's death? BEN. He knew the risks and he fucked up, and these are the costs. Not Coachella, not the message board, not his friends, nobody. The problem with this country is trying to foist the blame for other peoples' actions away from where it rightfully belongs.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    What about the Orb back in.. 01, I think?
    I think Orb had just gone over either 12am or 12:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Maybe something more can be done at Coachella 2009 to spread awareness or prevent such tragedies - and for this board to do less promotion of drug abuse.

that's a good point. you guys make it sound like drugs are a necessity.
    they're not. do drugs, i dont care, but make it a point to tell me how cool you are and list the drugs you take, shit, that's annoying.

we cant blame this board for a death, but we can point out that this board promotes drugs abuse way too much.

for the record: three Coachellas attended, no drugs abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

This board promotes drug use in the respective threads, which is a tiny percentage of all threads.

Like, less than .oo1% to be exact.

"that _____ set was so so epic. the _____ made it much better"
    a sentence like this promotes drug use.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.