Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Random Coachella Facts and History....

Banned

Default Re: Random Coachella Facts and History....

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I think Orb had just gone over either 12am or 12:30am.
    Hm. It seemed later than that when it... ended.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post

Know who's to blame for Ben's death? BEN. He knew the risks and he fucked up, and these are the costs. Not Coachella, not the message board, not his friends, nobody. The problem with this country is trying to foist the blame for other peoples' actions away from where it rightfully belongs.
    500% agreed.

Wait... xmbnx was the guy who died outside the Coachella grounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Coachella Junkie

yeah man. That was him

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Ben was first. Who is next?
    Who the fuck cares? I don't mean to be cold-hearted, but sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. The first year I went to Bonnaroo a kid died from a heroin overdose, and while it's a tragic loss for his friends and family there were 80,000 other people who LIVED (and lived well, I might add.) There are people that would have you believe that huge music festivals like Coachella and Bonnaroo are not worth even one single death, and they would be morons. They would be the same people that say that heavy metal causes suicide, hip-hop causes gang-violence, and parental advisory stickers keep obscene music from reaching the ears of our children. Everything comes with a price. If one of the ultimate costs of Coachella is that every couple of years some kid crokes in his tent from a heroin overdose, then I humbly submit that that is cost worth paying for an event as profound is Coachella. And for the record, I've never read any posts on this board advocating heroin use, and with few exceptions, I don't think there's anyone that would argue that opiates enhance the festival going experience.

Falling asleep and never waking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

can we all go back to that happy we are all one coachella loving family place we were at back in april/may? remember how much we all loved each other then?
    your pockets are no longer filled with sunshine, now they are filled with sadness and despair.

Quote Originally Posted by lindysindie View Post
    can we all go back to that happy we are all one coachella loving family place we were at back in april/may? remember how much we all loved each other then?
    I am still in love with my Coachella fam and have big plans for next year. This year was the best out of the last three years that I have gone. I drove past Coachella the other day on the way to Ventura and was overtaken by crazy feelings of excitement and joy. I have never really been to the area without Coachella. I cannot wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Who the fuck cares? I don't mean to be cold-hearted, but sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. The first year I went to Bonnaroo a kid died from a heroin overdose, and while it's a tragic loss for his friends and family there were 80,000 other people who LIVED (and lived well, I might add.) There are people that would have you believe that huge music festivals like Coachella and Bonnaroo are not worth even one single death, and they would be morons. They would be the same people that say that heavy metal causes suicide, hip-hop causes gang-violence, and parental advisory stickers keep obscene music from reaching the ears of our children. Everything comes with a price. If one of the ultimate costs of Coachella is that every couple of years some kid crokes in his tent from a heroin overdose, then I humbly submit that that is cost worth paying for an event as profound is Coachella. And for the record, I've never read any posts on this board advocating heroin use, and with few exceptions, I don't think there's anyone that would argue that opiates enhance the festival going experience.
    bravo.
    it's people's own fault. they know the risk and did it regardless which therefore, they are responsible for their own death

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    i've never read anyone say, "you should try cock, it's amazing".
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    Please don't speak for GV.
    GV says "you should try cock, it's amazing!"
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    bravo.
    it's people's own fault. they know the risk and did it regardless which therefore, they are responsible for their own death
    The thing is... that kid (any other others that are in his position) could have died on any random weekend. It just happened to be the weekend of Coachella.

It's not like people never do any drugs, then they just show up at Coachella and start using out of the blue, then die. No. The people that die at Coachella and Bonnaroo and Woodstock and whatever else.. are people that should have just died the weekend before, when they had the exact same drug cocktails in their systems. That way, we would all be saved from having to read stupid ass posts about how sad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    The thing is... that kid (any other others that are in his position) could have died on any random weekend. It just happened to be the weekend of Coachella.

It's not like people never do any drugs, then they just show up at Coachella and start using out of the blue, then die. No. The people that die at Coachella and Bonnaroo and Woodstock and whatever else.. are people that should have just died the weekend before, when they had the exact same drug cocktails in their systems. That way, we would all be saved from having to read stupid ass posts about how sad it is.
    It is so sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    It is so sad.
    It is only as sad as it would be had they died on any other random weekend in their own homes.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    QFT
    Educate me. What does QFT mean?

Quoted For Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Memorial_07

That is true.
    But on that select weekend he was still doing drugs and he knew the risks and obviously didn't care and did it anyways.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    That is true.
    But on that select weekend he was still doing drugs and he knew the risks and obviously didn't care and did it anyways.
    Yeah. You aren't getting it.

The point is, he was doing drugs on EVERY weekend, and he knew the risks, and obviously didn't care and did it anyone on EVERY WEEKEND. Maybe every weekday, too. I mean, granted, I'm speculating to a certain degree. It's possible (although contrary to what I've read here) that the kid had never done drugs before. I'd say it's a lot more likely, though, that this was run of the mill behavior for him, and he just happened to die the weekend of Coachella.

They say the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. Junkies OD. It's not sad. Seriously, the worst part is that it's probably a pain in the ass for Goldenvoice. They are the innocent victims in this situation, because they will inevitably get some bad PR out of it, and they had nothing to do with it.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Coachella didn't kill him.

The other campsite did, clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Coachella didn't kill him.

The other campsite did, clearly.
    There is actually something to be said for this. Studies have shown that many people die from an OD not because of the amount of drugs they have ingested, but more because they were in place they were unfamiliar with. This is why most people who die of an OD in NYC, do so in some shaddy hotel bathroom and why those that die during Coachella, do so offsite. BEWARE!
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Memorial_07

Yeah. You aren't getting it.

The point is, he was doing drugs on EVERY weekend, and he knew the risks, and obviously didn't care and did it anyone on EVERY WEEKEND. Maybe every weekday, too. I mean, granted, I'm speculating to a certain degree. It's possible (although contrary to what I've read here) that the kid had never done drugs before. I'd say it's a lot more likely, though, that this was run of the mill behavior for him, and he just happened to die the weekend of Coachella.

They say the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. Junkies OD. It's not sad. Seriously, the worst part is that it's probably a pain in the ass for Goldenvoice. They are the innocent victims in this situation, because they will inevitably get some bad PR out of it, and they had nothing to do with it.
    that's pretty much what I was trying to say in my post.

Did you know that at least 2 people per coachella day end up being inside a porta pottie that gets knocked over??

Bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    #12 - lists jammed together in paragraph form are a pain in the ass to read
    hahahahahahahaha
    SMART ASS!

Random Coachella Facts and History:

Despite everyone's massive concern about this years attendance, 2009 was the second most succesful year in Coachella history. However, this did not stop The Killers being a God awful headliner.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche