Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 67

Thread: coachella ASSumptions

  1. #31
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrack View Post
    i ASSumed the camping spaces would be 8x8 this year. they were actually 7x14.
    Yeah wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  2. #32
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,315

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    i dont know if that's true but that is bigger!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  3. #33
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,731

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    At least 10% of the people there had this $30 orange dome tent from Wal-Mart that was a bit too wide for the spot. I left that fucking thing there since I hated it so much. Let the bums have it.
    Last edited by Boourns; 05-20-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  4. #34
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,500

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    That after one year of Coachella... I would be hooked.

    I was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  5. #35
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    An ASSumption means you were wrong and an ASS because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

  6. #36
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,500

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    An ASSumption means you were wrong and an ASS because of it.
    I couldn't think of any, but I wanted to contribute anyways. So that is what I came up with. I guess I made an ass out of myself by not attending earlier then 07 actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  7. #37
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I assumed everyone would bag on this year based on no logical reason.
    But... you were right.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  8. #38
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I couldn't think of any, but I wanted to contribute anyways. So that is what I came up with. I guess I made an ass out of myself by not attending earlier then 07 actually...
    damn, I did the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

  9. #39
    Member fiopadp7791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    2,461

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    At least 10% of the people there had this $30 orange dome tent from Wal-Mart that was a bit too wide for the spot. I left that fucking thing there since I hated it so much. Let the bums have it.
    I was one of those 10%. I wasn't gonna lug a tent all the way from Minneapolis (since I was flying), and I wasn't gonna lug that piece-of-shit orange tent home either, so I donated it to my neightobrs who wanted it. I'll probably buy the same tent again next year lol.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

  10. #40
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i dont know if that's true but that is bigger!
    Except for the fact that two single campers were assigned a 7' x 14' spot, effectively giving them 7' x 7', not 8' x 8'.

    And that you aren't given extra space in a square. What good does it do to have a tent thats bigger than 8' x 8' for more than one person if you're moving into your neighbor's spot? Luckily nobody really gives a shit, its just kind of embarrassing/awkward having to crowd somebody else.

    Smaller tent next year. Much.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  11. #41
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,731

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    I assumed that the blisters on my feet would have healed by now.

    They stopped hurting after several days, but there's still that probably-dead, saggy skin in places on my feet.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  12. #42
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Prior to 2004 I thought Coachella was just a festival of music I wouldn't get into because it wasn't Rock 'n' Roll, or Metal. I've gone every year since and now most of my CD collection is a dust coated archive of classic rock groups because I'm working on my new selection of Electronic/Techno/Dance.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  13. #43

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I assumed everyone would bag on this year based on no logical reason.
    Everyone was until they were proved wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

  14. #44
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Prior to 2004 I thought Coachella was just a festival of music I wouldn't get into because it wasn't Rock 'n' Roll, or Metal. I've gone every year since and now most of my CD collection is a dust coated archive of classic rock groups because I'm working on my new selection of Electronic/Techno/Dance.

    Nice!
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  15. #45
    Member fasttrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Posts
    927

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    Except for the fact that two single campers were assigned a 7' x 14' spot, effectively giving them 7' x 7', not 8' x 8'.

    And that you aren't given extra space in a square. What good does it do to have a tent thats bigger than 8' x 8' for more than one person if you're moving into your neighbor's spot? Luckily nobody really gives a shit, its just kind of embarrassing/awkward having to crowd somebody else.

    Smaller tent next year. Much.
    exactly. i instructed my neighbor (whynotsmile) to point the door of his tent toward the empty half of my 7 x 14 so that he could get out of his tent. i used the empty spot next to his tent for sitting.
    I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel.

  16. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    I assumed it wouldn't be that hot. Or not as hot as people made it out to be.

    I'm an ass.

  17. #47
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    I assumed there would be some really good veg. food, which there wasn't (unless i missed it?).
    I assumed, being that they've done this a few times before, the entrance to the campground would be organized and not the shit show that it ended up being.

  18. #48
    Member slurpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    After I went, I ASSumed I would bring tons of friends from Chicago to Coachella. Every year I tell my self I need to get a larger and larger group of people to go.

    Long story short, we never get that large of a group from Chicago. Out of the past 6 years, the largest group we brought was 6 people.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

  19. #49
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,892

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Six people seems like a lot to me. I don't even think I have that many friends, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  20. #50
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    to whoever said the camping spaces were 7x14: you're wrong. they were square.

  21. #51
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,742

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    I assumed I would be stressed out from the crowds but there was only one instance where I felt any stress and I worked my way out of the crowd and found some space and I was fine.

  22. #52
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    I assumed there'd be a lot more unkempt, dirty, bonnaroo/burning man types. I was pleasantly surprised. also, the 100% lack of emos is something I could never have predicted, coming from the emo capital of the god damn world.

  23. #53
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I ASSumed I would be throwing my underwear towards jack white's general area, but I flaked :/
    Pussy!!!

  24. #54
    Member slurpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I assumed there'd be a lot more unkempt, dirty, bonnaroo/burning man types. I was pleasantly surprised. also, the 100% lack of emos is something I could never have predicted, coming from the emo capital of the god damn world.
    I totally fell into this trap as well. I had been to a bunch of festivals in the past and expected Coachella to be a hippy priest bum out.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

  25. #55
    old school MeowMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my sad place...
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

  26. #56
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    I fuckin' love kitties.
    I have 5.

  27. #57
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Are you a Weird Cat Lady???
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  28. #58
    old school MeowMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my sad place...
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    We're all weird cat ladies inside...
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

  29. #59
    Member trancehiphop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    diamond bar, california
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    ^ ROFL!

  30. #60
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: coachella ASSumptions

    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I fuckin' love kitties.
    I have 5.
    Me, too. (Both the sentiment and the number of cats.)
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •