Thread: Bowie, Moby, Busta, Blue Man Group, Tiesto, John Digweed, Avalanches, Carl Cox..

Default Bowie, Moby, Busta, Blue Man Group, Tiesto, John Digweed, Avalanches, Carl Cox..

Damn.. That was the line-up for Moby's Area Two Concert series.. Fuck.. why didn't I go to that when it was around? I have the flyer hanging up in my room, but I was probably too young and couldn't find the ride or money at the time.. Sorry for this pointless post..

Fuck.. Busta Rhymes would be sick at Coachella..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Default Re: Bowie, Moby, Busta, Blue Man Group, Tiesto, John Digweed, Avalanches, Carl Cox..

i went to that and it was weak. ahead of it's time. sad actually.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Default Re: Bowie, Moby, Busta, Blue Man Group, Tiesto, John Digweed, Avalanches, Carl Cox..

Did you go to the first one?? I believe Outkast and Oakenfold headlined... I remember Rhinoceros was there.. I haven't really heard anything about them in years.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

to be honeset I dont really remember, but I remember going to the one bowie was at and left before he even went on. it was not a nice vibe there.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    to be honeset I dont really remember, but I remember going to the one bowie was at and left before he even went on. it was not a nice vibe there.
    hmmmm strange.. it seems like it would draw a pretty cool crowd..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

I think New Order was at the first one. Shame the second was the last. I was supposed to go, too. I was working in Nags Head, NC at the time and we were going to drive all the way to Philly, but couldn't at the last minute and had to burn our tickets on ebay for half face. So lame. But yeah, ahead of its time.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    hmmmm strange.. it seems like it would draw a pretty cool crowd..
    actually it bombed

Yeah, everyone was on the Moby backlash bandwagon at that point.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

i wasnt. i went all excited. and i got there and it was pretty much empty. dead.

I saw Moby solo at this 6500 seat amphitheater on one of the off days. The pit was full, but the reserved seating section had about 50 people in it. Depressingly empty but good performance. Azure Ray and Dirty Vegas opened.

Moby was great at Coach in 99
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

At the one in Vancouver it rained......... a lot, most people went home. I remember Billy Corgan played with New Order. That was soooo long ago, I can't recall much else.

Also, instinct, I completely agree with everything in your sig : )

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I went to that one as well..it was Moby's 2nd one and it was back 2002...I went just for Bowie but now I am bummed I missed Outkast since I wasn't too familiar with them at the time. I thought the festival had a decent vibe...but yeah it was pretty dead....And even Bowie's performance wasn't all that great....I did see an iPod for the 1st time there...Apple had a whole set up there before the iPod got huge.... It was in Irvine right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Young blood

I went to Area one in denver at the old mile high. It sucked got in a fight and watched Moby wave his fists in the air while standing on his keyboard to the fastest bpm in the world or some shit.

Outkast was cool.

vinylmartyr

I went to both. Area one was the bestest.

I just came here to say I really think the Avalanches should be at Coachella 09. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.