Thread: Daniel Johnston

Default Daniel Johnston

I think GV should really try getting him. He's still touring and it would be amazing to see him, for me at least. Has anyone seen the documentary about him? The guy was a genius

Default Re: Daniel Johnston

It would be cool to see him, but I don't think he's a genius, I do like him though.

He's interesting. I saw the doc and I certainly wouldn't say he's a genius. 'Genius' is thrown around way too much.

would you say the word is thrown around a lot by me? probably not, so your conclusion regarding my opinion is irrelevant

hes not a genious
    hes an overrated retard

Quote Originally Posted by malomakaio- View Post
    would you say the word is thrown around a lot by me? probably not, so your conclusion regarding my opinion is irrelevant
    Read again: there is no conclusion regarding your opinion Mr. Sensitive. There is an opinion ("I wouldn't say he's a genius.") and a general statement ("Genius is thrown around too much.")

The only conclusion that can be drawn about your opinion so far is that, based on this thread, your opinion is in the minority.

it's cool man, i was just joking around anyways. i really do think he's amazing though, not just his music, but his art and the way he pretty much documented his whole life through tapes and video.

Quote Originally Posted by malomakaio- View Post
    I think GV should really try getting him. He's still touring and it would be amazing to see him, for me at least. Has anyone seen the documentary about him? The guy was a genius
    I don't see him performing He is quite something live and he is a true artist. Even though, his current output is nothing to shout praises output, his earlier output is certainly a display of what music is at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    hes not a genious
    hes an overrated retard
    That's an ignorant statement, as someone with a mental disability, I would find that to be highly offensive if "genius" was not misspelled and there was quality grammar; instead, I find it hilarious.

I thought Daniel Johnston was dead.
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

myspace.com/garbanzermusic

vinylmartyr

is he

If we're talking about the same McDonalds obsessed acoustic songwriter who's known for "True Love Will Find You In the End" then yeah, he died last year.
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

myspace.com/garbanzermusic

yeah, i don't know where you get your information but the "mcdonalds obsesses, true love will find you in the end" singer is not dead. And i don't think he was ever obsessed with Mcdonalds, he just worked there for a long time when he lived in Austin.

Lurker

i think it is a movie
    If I'm the fucking man then your the fucking man as well so you can point that fuckin finger up your ass

McDonald's Obsessed? Maybe you're getting him mixed up with Wesley Willis...who, in fact, is dead.

Rock over London! Rock on Chicago.

vinylmartyr

http://www.monzy.com/cgi-bin/willis.cgi

Daniel Johnston

by Wesley Willis

You make the joyride music.
    You are my special daniel johnston.
    You can really get in the groove.
    I like you well.

DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!
    DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!
    DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!
    DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!

You really whoop a llama's ass.
    Daniel Johnston is the best.
    You are the daniel johnston king.
    You really whoop a snow lepoard's ass.

DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!
    DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!
    DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!
    DANIEL JOHNSTON!!!

Right on brother.
    I love you a lot in the long run.
    I like Daniel Johnston a lot.
    You are the best in the long run.

Rock over London,
    Rock on Chicago.

American Airlines - we mean business in Chicago.
    Last edited by vinylmartyr; 02-11-2007 at 05:40 PM.

vinylmartyr

http://www.monzy.org/wesley/

Wesley Willis song generator. I saw Wesley in concert once.

ah yes, that's who they meant. It'd be awesome if Wesley could've played coachella as well. But yeah Daniel Johnston was not nearly as crazy in his Austin days as Wesley Willis was. It wasn't until all his retarded friends started giving him drugs that really messed him up.

Daniel Johnston 08' please gv
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    http://www.monzy.org/wesley/

Wesley Willis song generator. I saw Wesley in concert once.
    Did you seriously? Thats awesome. Did you see him on the streets? Or did you actually see him in a venue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Daniel Johnston is really mediocre live. I saw him at the Fonda not too long ago and while it was cool to see him, I don’t think Coachella would be the best venue for him. I think he would end up kind of dragging the mood down a bit.
    radar has gathered midnight nooses from boxcar cadavers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by offyerhead View Post
    Read again: there is no conclusion regarding your opinion Mr. Sensitive. There is an opinion ("I wouldn't say he's a genius.") and a general statement ("Genius is thrown around too much.")
    Actually, your general statement is also an opinion. It's an opinion that I happen to agree with, especially in this case, but still an opinion.

Banned

Also, I think it would be great if Wesley Willis and Daniel Johnston did a show together. They could also get that guy Jandek and maybe Third Eye Blind. They could have the show in Kentucky, on.. say, April 29th, 2008. You guys have a great time at that show.

saw the documentary.....thought it was really interseting.........he should be dead.....i would have liked to see him when he was first coming onto the scene......when he was all drugged up.....when he was crazy....still can't get over the fact that he turned off the plane while it was flying, then threw the keys out the window.....again... he should be dead.
    aaaaaahhhgagagagagagagagoooooooo

yes please.

I saw the documentary...it was pretty interesting...I find his music to be kind of meh at best.