View Poll Results: Do you trust the Government?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, they are there to help us. They love me!!!

14 13.59%
  • NO, governments are bastions of corruption and tyranny.

89 86.41%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Do you trust the government?

Default Re: Do you trust the government?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    "Why wouldn't our government hire some terrorists to do it?"

Well, first of all, why would they leave anything up to chance with those incompetants? Do you not realize how completely out of the realm of experience this attack was for Islamic terrorists? They've never pulled off anything even fucking close to this. Not 1/1000th as successful. Also, there's no way to bring those towers down with fire, or airplanes.
    They didn't need to make the towers fall. True it makes a stronger impact but it was not needed. With the damage sustained, if they stood, they would have been demolished anyways. And any idiot can highjack a plane and hit a target it isn't that hard. It is possible to bring em down with airplanes since that is what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

"Why wouldn't our government hire some terrorists to do it?"

Well, first of all, why would they leave anything up to chance with those incompetants? Do you not realize how completely out of the realm of experience this attack was for Islamic terrorists? They've never pulled off anything even fucking close to this. Not 1/1000th as successful. Also, there's no way to bring those towers down with fire, or airplanes.

This sounds crazy, but I don't think we are giving these guys enough credit, they caught us with our pants down. Despite how we like to paint them in contemporary society, Muslims are not incompetent cave dwellers, stuck in the dark ages. Even a quick study of Islamic history will demonstrate this. People like bin Laden have access to enormous amounts of wealth through connections with some of the world's richest people and organizations, as well as the old mujahadeen fighters from the 80s and 90s. As a result, they have access to training, weapons, and sophisticated communication networks that allow them to organize and carry out such attacks.

But it really wasn't that complex: hijack some planes and crash them. The hijackers easily got through security and took control of some planes and crashed them. And since air travel was extremely lax (you could carry-on blades under 4", as well as screwdrivers and all kinds of other shit that could be used as weapons), they had very little trouble in getting past security. There is nothing incredibly original about this plan; terrorist groups have been wanting to hijack planes to crash into buildings since the advent of air travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

RESPEK

YES - 4

NO - 34

lol, I was right!
    U MAD?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    YES - 4

NO - 34

lol, I was right!
    If agreeing with the majority means that you're right, then people who voted for George W. Bush in 2004 were right. By your logic, those are votes in favor of waterboarding, Abu Ghraib, CIA prisons, Guantanamo Bay, the Patriot Act, retroactive immunity for telecommunications companies that provide phone logs to the government, politically-motivated prosecution by the DoJ, signing statements, executive privilege, and FEMA's handling of the hurricane aftermath...

Don't be so happy about majorities. They don't always mean what you think.

EDIT: I know you're trolling, but I was bored. This is the last time I'll be looking at this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    If agreeing with the majority means that you're right, then people who voted for George W. Bush in 2004 were right. By your logic, those are votes in favor of waterboarding, Abu Ghraib, CIA prisons, Guantanamo Bay, the Patriot Act, retroactive immunity for telecommunications companies that provide phone logs to the government, politically-motivated prosecution by the DoJ, signing statements, executive privilege, and FEMA's handling of the hurricane aftermath...

EDIT: I know you're trolling, but I was bored. This is the last time I'll be looking at this thread.

You just got F'd in the A
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post

Actually, I was referring to my comment in the original post where I predicted that there would be an overwhelming majority for NO.

Good try though.
    U MAD?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    This sounds crazy, but I don't think we are giving these guys enough credit, they caught us with our pants down. Despite how we like to paint them in contemporary society, Muslims are not incompetent cave dwellers, stuck in the dark ages. Even a quick study of Islamic history will demonstrate this. People like bin Laden have access to enormous amounts of wealth through connections with some of the world's richest people and organizations, as well as the old mujahadeen fighters from the 80s and 90s. As a result, they have access to training, weapons, and sophisticated communication networks that allow them to organize and carry out such attacks.

But it really wasn't that complex: hijack some planes and crash them. The hijackers easily got through security and took control of some planes and crashed them. And since air travel was extremely lax (you could carry-on blades under 4", as well as screwdrivers and all kinds of other shit that could be used as weapons), they had very little trouble in getting past security. There is nothing incredibly original about this plan; terrorist groups have been wanting to hijack planes to crash into buildings since the advent of air travel.
    This sounds crazy, but you're only speculating that there's any reason this should be believed. Has a plane ever knocked down a building before? Until all of you stop acting like it's so implausible, someone answer me that.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Unfortunately, I don't trust Clinton, Obama or McCain either. This election really sucks. I thought it couldn't get any worse than Kerry vs Bush but fuck!
    '06 '07 '08 '10 '12

This sounds crazy, but you're only speculating that there's any reason this should be believed. Has a plane ever knocked down a building before? Until all of you stop acting like it's so implausible, someone answer me that.
    What are you talking about? Do you honstly think that 19 people buying airplane tickets highjacking planes and crashing them into buildings is more crazy than a secret government plot? A plot where they rigged 3 buildings for controlled demo then perfectly timed a fake attack, and then crash planes in to it anyway, remote control a plane into the pentagon, crash one in PA?????

Because the first scenerio makes much more sense anyway you look at it. I don't see how the controlled demo theory is remotely plausible. So many problems with that idea from a technical standpoint and just logistically. The whole time they were planning no one said "Hey, lets just crash the planes and leave it at that. The buildings will sustain enough so we can demo them if they don't come down on their own."
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

If I vote "No..." will I still get my stimulus check?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    If I vote "No..." will I still get my stimulus check?
    HAHAHA! Best post ever!
    U MAD?

Quote Originally Posted by xXThirdManXx View Post
    I thought this was a Roger Waters thread. Anyways, you've got to be an idiot if you don't think our government AT LEAST had advanced knowledge of 911. There are way too many questions left unanswered. Do your research and really look at what has happened. I'm not talking about "OH ALEX JONES!!!11! GOOGLE THIS!! WIKI THAT,RON PAUL 08!!". Just use your fucking head. Unless you're a god fearing good ol' wholesome American that believes everything the government hand feeds you.
    Actually, many truly devout people don't trust the gov't at all. You're right though... just use your head. It's pretty obvious at this point that they AT LEAST knew before hand.
    U MAD?

a necessary evil
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Good god, I just wasted so much time reading this thread. It's like fucking arguing with my roommate. All these theories are based on anecdotal evidence.

I gave in...part of the system now.
    Last edited by DaKINe; 01-03-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Hey shaggy, do you think these new gun control laws are just another step towards the new world order?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .