Thread: THE MARS VOLTA IN 09

Default THE MARS VOLTA IN 09

just cuz they rule. Let's get this going. If they get TMV, Zeppelin and Talking Heads, that would basically be the best Coachella ever.

Default Re: THE MARS VOLTA IN 09

never seen them live, would be nice to finally cross them off my list without having to pay $50. couldnt believe the ticket prices on their last tour

YA DUDE.......GOLDENVOICE DROPPED THE BALL THIS YEAR.....I WILL BE THERE IF THGEY SHOW UP NEXT YEAR.....

Agora Theatre & Ballroom
    Cleveland, OH The Mars Volta
    Find Tickets

Thu, 05/15/08
    06:30 PM The Fillmore Detroit
    Detroit, MI The Mars Volta
    Find Tickets

Sun, 05/18/08
    08:00 PM Fillmore Auditorium
    Denver, CO The Mars Volta
    Find Tickets

Dates Scheduled in Other Countries (1 - 4 of 4)
    Mon, 05/12/08
    07:00 PM Sound Academy
    Toronto, ON The Mars Volta
    Find Tickets

Wed, 05/21/08
    07:00 PM MacEwan Hall
    Calgary, AB The Mars Volta
    Find Tickets

Thu, 05/22/08
    07:00 PM Edmonton Event Centre
    Edmonton, AB The Mars Volta
    Find Tickets

Sat, 05/24/08
    06:30 PM PNE Forum
    Vancouver, BC The Mars Volta

yea they are here next sunday, i really want to see them .. saw em twice and they are a band you either love or hate .. not much inbetween .. but i spent 750 bucks on shows the last couple of daze, i have to slow down so not sure if i will go to that show ...... bet if i put on their last cd, i wont be able to resist lol ..x*****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Banned

Mars Volta would be ok. At the Drive-In would be epic.

i dig most of the mars volta's music, but i've never been able to get into their live show... damn near 10 musicians onstage last time i saw 'em & couldn't hear one distinguishable note the whole time. the lights were cool, though. they played a show here in san diego the day "bedlam in goliath" was released, but i couldn't make it.

i'm not opposed to seein' em at coachella again, but i'm mostly bummed i missed out on at the drive-in in '99 just 'cause i hadn't heard about them yet...
    every day, every year

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    i have some stickers and tics from them ,,,, grrr i have to find them ... i had tics a long time ago for them, and they were coming from kansas and had some sort of vehicle problem and had to cancel, the next time i caught them, then i think about then they broke up ...x***

Banned

I grew up in Texas and was fortunate enough to see At the Drive-in perform live twice. Once in Austin at Emo's, and once in Houston. Both shows were amazing. I have some pictures of the show, but they're actual photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
    i dig most of the mars volta's music, but i've never been able to get into their live show... damn near 10 musicians onstage last time i saw 'em & couldn't hear one distinguishable note the whole time. the lights were cool, though. they played a show here in san diego the day "bedlam in goliath" was released, but i couldn't make it.

i'm not opposed to seein' em at coachella again, but i'm mostly bummed i missed out on at the drive-in in '99 just 'cause i hadn't heard about them yet...
    a while ago, i kept getting mars volta confused with firerey sp furnances but there is some sort of same sound there ... mv is way better ...x****

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    i don't think seeing atdi now would be the same. some bands just shouldn't get back together. i can't imagine them putting their differences aside at this point in time, and it would just seem weird to see them playing those songs 5-10 years from now

not to say i wouldn't be happy for you all if they did play again, and its coachella so anything is possible i guess

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i don't think seeing atdi now would be the same. some bands just shouldn't get back together. i can't imagine them putting their differences aside at this point in time, and it would just seem weird to see them playing those songs 5-10 years from now

not to say i wouldn't be happy for you all if they did play again, and its coachella so anything is possible i guess
    I read in an interview somewhere once that Omar basically said they'd do it if the money was right. I don't think there is really animosity between Omar/Cedric and Jim, I think they just wanted to go different ways musically. It's too bad that the way Jim wanted to go was so balls.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to see ATDI a couple times back when I lived in Texas, and they are amazing. I'm sure they would be just as amazing if they played a reunion show. I just want to hear Metronome Arthritis one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    a while ago, i kept getting mars volta confused with firerey sp furnances but there is some sort of same sound there ... mv is way better ...x****
    are you seriously saying The Fiery Furnaces are similar to The Mars Volta?? no way man

and by the way, both Mars Volta and Sparta suck. The only thing worthwhile from both bands were their first EP's. after that, crap.
    Jupiter's Rings originally wrote: " Rock ON! Have fun love life and eat dessert first!"

say what you will about TMV, but it's hard to say "Deloused in the Comatorium" is crap. try listening to it w/ better ears
    every day, every year

The Mars Volta REALLY should have been there this year but I will take what I can get. Both Deloused & Frances the Mute are contemporary fucking masterpieces. It's easy to dismiss them when you don't give it time but once you realize the brilliance of these albums it's hard to look at much else from this decade the same way. They are in a league of their own at this point and the new album almost rocks TOO hard. "Agadez"? Are you kidding me? Talk about maximum volume...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Lion View Post
    My new gay friend who was camping with us banged a small Asian looking Canadian in the porta potty...

Quote Originally Posted by uniform72 View Post
    The Mars Volta REALLY should have been there this year but I will take what I can get. Both Deloused & Frances the Mute are contemporary fucking masterpieces. It's easy to dismiss them when you don't give it time but once you realize the brilliance of these albums it's hard to look at much else from this decade the same way. They are in a league of their own at this point and the new album almost rocks TOO hard. "Agadez"? Are you kidding me? Talk about maximum volume...

agreed... AGADEZ is my favorite track...........although I HATE ASKEKIOS (intro song) or whatever the fuck......worst way to kick off the album.

The album is not without it's weaker moments and would not be the best choice for the uninitiated, that's for sure. "Tourniquet Man" is probably my least favorite TMV track... but when Bedlam rocks...
    My new gay friend who was camping with us banged a small Asian looking Canadian in the porta potty...

theyre such a joke now and im pretty sure they know it.
    saw them right after amputechture came out at the orpheum. terrible show.
    but what the hell. let them come to drag away some of the crowd. a couple bands like that every year really helps.

Banned

the mars volta SUCK ass live. they suck in general for that matter. I would want to see an atdi reunion, but im pretty sure the ever pretentious cedric and omar would turn even that into a diva-fest

The both of you can suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by hobomilitia View Post
    the mars volta SUCK ass live. they suck in general for that matter. I would want to see an atdi reunion, but im pretty sure the ever pretentious cedric and omar would turn even that into a diva-fest
    Paul was the one who left the band to join Sparta which Im going to take a wild guess and say you like to, and then realized Sparta sucked and wanted to get back with Cedric and Omar because they knew how to actually make music.

The Volta is epic live, how about a double show. The Omar Rodriguez Group one day and Volta another.
    Last edited by roadrunner; 05-06-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Paul was the one who left the band to join Sparta which Im going to take a wild guess and say you like to, and then realized Sparta sucked and wanted to get back with Cedric and Omar because they knew how to actually make music.

The Volta is epic live, how about a doulbe show. The Omar Rodriguez Group one day and Volta another.
    This would be a killer arrangement, but only if Frusciante was handling lead guitar ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hobomilitia View Post
    the mars volta SUCK ass live. they suck in general for that matter.
    repeated for emphasis. my god, it's quite rare to see that much suck emanate from one stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.