Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coachella 2008 Douche Awards...

Default Re: Official Coachella 2008 Douche Awards...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie.Dawn View Post
    During Tegan and Sara, I was WAY back... and I went up on one of those ramp things that I guess are for important people or special people or something? Or maybe just anyone because no one stopped me. Anyway, there were these two fat bitches in lawn chairs and they were the ultimate douches. They were taking up a ton of space with their stuff all laid out across the front. So a handicapped kid in a wheel chair comes up the ramp and he can't get to the front of it because this fat bitches hat is in the way, just taking up a whole spot, on the ground. I, and many others, as well as the guy in the wheel chair are looking, waiting and expecting her to just pick up her hat. But she doesnt! she has the nerve to say 'he doesn't need to sit here, don't move your stuff, there is room down over there'. And repositions the hat so he absolutly can not wheel up there. I was SO angry. I couldn't believe it. And I don't ususally call overweight people fat bitches, but these two were truly FAT DISCUSTING BITCHES!
    I'm not a confrontational person really, but I would have bitched them out. I CANNOT believe the nerve of some people.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The douchey bitches at the rail for Portishead/Kraftwerk/Prince who had the security doing their bidding (i.e. getting them water and shit). At least they were quiet and respectful during Portishead. Thank God for that.
    I think I know those kids. I think one of them knows the people who work the rails.

Lurker

...i didnt think they still made umbrella hats anymore...any who...i was reluctant to run in to douches...although....during chromeo there was an anxious blonde parading and chanting "let's get crunk"...there was a side of me that wished for some odd reason there was a misplaced uppercut swarming towards her right temple...dont get me started on the dude with the mini shorts that were made out of some burberry bag...argh...

aprillynnn

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie.Dawn View Post
    During Tegan and Sara, I was WAY back... and I went up on one of those ramp things that I guess are for important people or special people or something? Or maybe just anyone because no one stopped me. Anyway, there were these two fat bitches in lawn chairs and they were the ultimate douches. They were taking up a ton of space with their stuff all laid out across the front. So a handicapped kid in a wheel chair comes up the ramp and he can't get to the front of it because this fat bitches hat is in the way, just taking up a whole spot, on the ground. I, and many others, as well as the guy in the wheel chair are looking, waiting and expecting her to just pick up her hat. But she doesnt! she has the nerve to say 'he doesn't need to sit here, don't move your stuff, there is room down over there'. And repositions the hat so he absolutly can not wheel up there. I was SO angry. I couldn't believe it. And I don't ususally call overweight people fat bitches, but these two were truly FAT DISCUSTING BITCHES!
    I can't believe no one said anything??? fuckin unbelievable ... where is security when you need them?

I nominate the dudes behind me during Love And Rockets who were having a conversation while the band was playing. I'd like to hear the band and hear the two of you shutting the fucks up now. Thanks, Douches.

Other than that, I had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kali27 View Post
    The douchebag at Roger Waters' (no pic though) who decided to ad-lib his own lyrics, screaming "Wish you were fucking here"... You're lucky I was soo fucked up that I could almost pretend you weren't there... wow, talk about ruining a special moment for all the people around us...
    I was standing a bit in front of that kid. It was horrible. He'd even extend notes and echo Roger Waters.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I think the award goes to the photographers at barrier two before kraftwerk.
    you guys must remember- the fuckers who all stood up on the railing step and blocked all of us who were waiting for kraftwerk.

did anyone hear the guy screaming bloody murder at them? threatening grevious bodily harm and insulting their personal appearances until they promised to move?

To the security gaurd at Flogging Molly who's job was to pull down crowd surfers and felt it necessary to stand up on the bench behind the bar, compeltley blocking my view for five minutes even though there were no crowd surfers.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

so a collective nomination for view-blocking barrier-abusers, then?

Quote Originally Posted by CBeller View Post
    Superbimbo.
    Holy shit this might be the stupid whore that I called a cunt at Justice. She wasn't wearing that though.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    I nominate the dudes behind me during Love And Rockets who were having a conversation while the band was playing. I'd like to hear the band and hear the two of you shutting the fucks up now. Thanks, Douches.

Other than that, I had a great time.
    i had some guys near me at a radiohead show once doing the same thing. i remember douche number one saying to douche number two loudly during idiotech something about "yea see i understand what they are trying to say with this song, i just dont agree with it" or something like that. his nonsensical ramblings went on for a while.

thats fucking great and all, but why dont you tell your friend on the way home maybe or when you are drinking beers at the bar. yea its a concert, its supposed to be fun, you dont have to be quiet the whole time, but when you are more wrapped up in your lame conversation or trying to make conversation with some girl in hopes that she will fuck you, you need to go to take your business to the back of the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by CBeller View Post
    Superbimbo.
    lol i saw that chick.

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post

Looks like dude carries around a sniper rifle or a portable solo-flex, either way I'm not saying shit about him.
    I remember the guy now, I saw that cowboy a couple of times both around the campground and festival, priceless hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by barbaratheninja View Post
    AH! I didn't even think about taking pictures of douches and there were so fucking many. Cap'n, you should make this an official hunt for next year's Coachella. We can make a poll and everything
    I think you are right, this year I took my camera but I didn't concentrate on douches neither "characters" around the festival, hey i'm down for what you say, we should make this official and have a contest next year, have polls, rankings, top 10, and maybe provide somebody with the CDA (Coachella Douche Award) hahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    My pics for douches of the year. If you see your pic on here, sorry, but you were being a douche.

2nd runner up:

Seriously the douchiest boy outfit I saw this year. This was on Sunday, so I'm sure he was there to suck Dwight Yoakam's penis.

1st runner up:

This douche physically pushed me out of the way to stand in front of me during Deadmou5 with his glittery SF hat. This was my view the entire show.

Winner:

These douches were standing in front of the barricade during DIOYY. They weren't there for the band. They were clearly hammered out of their mind doing that fake "rocking out" shit that douches do--basically they were making fun of the crowd and rubbing our faces in the fact that they were in front, not enjoying the show. One of the girls they were with was busy texting on her phone the entire time. The rest decided to sit on the barricade and take pics of themselves doing so and blocking the crowd's view. This went on for the last four songs or so. Hey douches, why don't you try enjoying the music next time?

Honorable Mention (no pic)

The LA douche standing in front of us during Chromeo with a fauxhawk shouting "L.A. Motherfuckers!" and making the letters "L" and "A" with his fingers, like some misguided LA Douchegang sign.

Also, I'm sure I was a douche as well at some point. Sorry.
    niceee, the guy on the second place, he looks familiar to me, I think he was also blocking me at some other time, I clearly remember that glittery SF hat in front of me, f'cker was like 6' something, I had to move to get a better view; btw a good douche runner up!

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I think the award goes to the photographers at barrier two before kraftwerk.
    you guys must remember- the fuckers who all stood up on the railing step and blocked all of us who were waiting for kraftwerk.

did anyone hear the guy screaming bloody murder at them? threatening grevious bodily harm and insulting their personal appearances until they promised to move?
    Haha yes I was standing right next to him.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    Holy shit this might be the stupid whore that I called a cunt at Justice. She wasn't wearing that though.
    That pic was on Sunday during Gogol, so I doubt she changed her clothes (although she really should have.)
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    thats when you switch it on him and step in front of him, always leave enough room to be comfortable but not enough for someone to step in. you run the risk of a 6'7'' guy stepping in front or a really annoying person crowding you out.
    That's normally my policy, but there was plenty of room for everyone. And the guy was shorter than me...he was totally welcome to step in front of me...I just shouldn't be able to read his credit card number imprinted on my cock at the end of the set.

So can anyone explain this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    ugh, we were chilling on the grass for roger waters set and a bunch of those goddamn pixies came right up in front of us, jacked a spotlight to make them look all the more special and proceeded to annoy the living fuck out of us until we left. they seriously seemed to think we were more interested in them than the show, they took note of us scowling at them, and trying to see around them but compensated where they were standing so we wouldn't miss a second of their butt-fucking buffoonery.... hatred.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

Quote Originally Posted by aprillynnn View Post
    yah, I remember seeing them last year too ... they were taking pics with lots of people, guess some peeps haven't seen weirdos in speedos before.
    I think they're brilliant. These guys had chicks hanging all over them to pose for pictures. Freakin' brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    What a fucking asshole! Wearing a black shirt, black hat, and jean shorts to a show?

Cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Anyone encounter the balloon guy? During VHS or Beta (I think), this guy starts walking through the crowd with a balloon attached to him...with, like, 8 feet of twine! It was windy, so it kept getting tangled around innocent bystanders. If I was a smoker, I TOTALLY would've burned that twine...grr.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    What a fucking asshole! Wearing a black shirt, black hat, and jean shorts to a show?

Cunt.
    Tell me you're joking...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

^ jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Anyone encounter the balloon guy? During VHS or Beta (I think), this guy starts walking through the crowd with a balloon attached to him...with, like, 8 feet of twine! It was windy, so it kept getting tangled around innocent bystanders. If I was a smoker, I TOTALLY would've burned that twine...grr.
    I would have followed him, and tied him to something amusing, like a tent stake or a portopotty...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

^ jesus.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

jean shorts
    That alone is a good enough reason to label someone a douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    seriously people, get over blaming jack johnson for everything! so f'ing stupid. there are dumbasses there every year no matter who is playing. if you want to blame anything, then blame the shows proximity to l.a.
    Seriously people. get over blaming l.a for everything! so f'ing stupid. there are dumbasses there every year no matter who is playing. if you want to blame anything, then blame the fact that Coachella is fucking POPULAR! And people come from all over the world!

Seriously, the let's blame L.A for the losers b.s. is older then the jj shit.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you