Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First timers this year

Default First timers this year

I met so many people this year, and so many were first timers, which I found awesome. Everyone had a great time and said they would return again next year no doubt. Anyone else notice how many first timeres there were this year?

I also met an awesome group of people on Thursday night. I meant to go and say goodbye to them, but got caught up in other stuff. A group of friends from Phoenix Arizona all came down and camped together. 30!!! I have trouble getting 2 people to go with me and im from LA. 30 friends from Phoenix. I thought that was awesome
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Default Re: First timers this year

First time for me. I kinda had an idea of what to expect, but all of my expectations were exceeded, and absolutely nothing went wrong for me.

The only thing that I want to do differently next year... CAMP!!

I will be attending all Coachella Festivals from now on.
    U MAD?

It'll be my first one next year FINALLY

...First-timers: What was the biggest eye-opener (obv besides just being there) or thing that you didn't expect once you got there???
    I don't want to know what to expect, if you get what I mean, I just want to get a feel for it and get more excited than I already am!

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    I met so many people this year, and so many were first timers, which I found awesome. Everyone had a great time and said they would return again next year no doubt. Anyone else notice how many first timeres there were this year?

I also met an awesome group of people on Thursday night. I meant to go and say goodbye to them, but got caught up in other stuff. A group of friends from Phoenix Arizona all came down and camped together. 30!!! I have trouble getting 2 people to go with me and im from LA. 30 friends from Phoenix. I thought that was awesome
    They parked two cars over from me, and it was great. Every time I ran out to the truck, i saw their two big trailors and knew where to go!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveItOut View Post

...First-timers: What was the biggest eye-opener (obv besides just being there) or thing that you didn't expect once you got there???
    I don't want to know what to expect, if you get what I mean, I just want to get a feel for it and get more excited than I already am!
    I didn't expect to get entertained all day. There were a lot of bands I hadn't hear of, so I expected to be hanging out whenever a lame-ish band went on. There were NO lame bands! Well, with the exception of Jack Johnson. But I found so many bands that rocked the polo fields and whenever i recover from the debt I've been lef tin, I'm buying a massive amount of CDs.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

It was our first year, and I didn't expect to have SUCH a great time. Only one "meh" band out of all the bands I saw...holy crap! We've already started budgeting for 2009. This year was our first year, but it definitely won't be our last.

This was my first year and the thing that I thought was so cool was just how friendly everyone was. We met so many cool people, I don't remember any names but they were all so much fun. At one point i was pouring crown from plastic bags into peoples mouths and people were passing around smoke like nothing. So much fun.

I usually get a bit freaked out in crowds with pushing and crowding, if i dont have a clear escape route i get a bit clausterphobic but I the only time i felt like this at all last weekend was the last night when Justice was playing and that is only because i was right up front and there was some kids wanting to get in front of me. I finally just gave up the fight and let them in and made my way out of the crowd to enjoy from afar. But I did plenty of dancing and am now still recovering.

The other thing that surprised me was how close we got at each show. I never would have been able to get as close to prince as I was Saturday night at a normal concert. He was the only reason I went initially but I have to admit I enjoyed every band we saw and now have a few CD's I need to go buy.

We already have the hotel booked 4 miles from Polo Fields for next year. See you all in 2009.

it was my first ful yr this time around i was there for dsunday only last yr but i was blown away by how frendly pople were and how cool all the campers were just realy chilled i will be back nexst yr

Quote Originally Posted by LiveItOut View Post

the grounds for the festival were a lot smaller than i had pictured in my head, which was a good thing considering the amount of switching between stages that i did.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Yeah, I met so many Coachella first timers this year. And they all are coming back!!!
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

I was also a first timer. I was so bummed about missing last year, that I was willing to go alone this year if need be. Luckily I got some buddies to come with me, and everyone agrees it was the best show, best trip, best vacation ever, and it will be a yearly ritual from now on.

I was very surprised at how close you could get without being cramped. I was front and centre for Roger Waters, yet I had plenty of room to move. I was also pleased with the lax security, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was easier than I expected to smoke at the festival, and the campgrounds were essentially a free-for-all.
    You don't know "Jungle Love?" That shit is the mad notes. Written by God herself and sent down to the greatest band in the world: The mother-fucking Time.

what took you guys so long!!!?!?????

welcome aboard....I have to say, I've been going since the beginning, and I think that overall, this may have been the best experience yet....
    '99-'11...

usually I meet a lot of first years, this year I met a lot of 3rd 4th and 5th timers.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    use some common sense you asshats

This was my first year. I thought it was all so awesome. I know I'll have better ideas for next year. Roger Waters Kicked ass. I needed more booze & money. Next year for sure.

The Naked girl in the Section C parking lot was interesting. We called her the French Girl.

it was my first year and if there was one word to sum up the weekend it would be "epic"!

I will be honest.

Telling people the amount of Coachellas you have experienced is fun.

People seem to be more respectful to Coachella veterans
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

Quote Originally Posted by slurpee View Post
    People seem to be more respectful to Coachella veterans
    I get no respect, My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

I get no respect, My uncle's dying wish - he wanted me on his lap. He was in the electric chair. boy I tell ya I get no respect

My wife wants sex in the back of the car and she wants me to drive.

but I get no respect, I worked in a pet store and people would ask how big I would get

I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a sling shot. I get no respect.

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    I get no respect, My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

I get no respect, My uncle's dying wish - he wanted me on his lap. He was in the electric chair. boy I tell ya I get no respect

My wife wants sex in the back of the car and she wants me to drive.

but I get no respect, I worked in a pet store and people would ask how big I would get

I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a sling shot. I get no respect.
    too funny Sonic!!

lawl, oh rodney...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

This was my first year. I never felt it was worth all the money. After missing last year, I swore I would never miss another one, no matter what it costs. I was handsomely rewarded, and swear once again to never miss another one.

I went alone, so I was very mobile. I could get into any show and find a place to chill for a while without being worried about getting crushed. The crowd was very uncrowded. I loved the mellow attitude.Most people were very considerate of others. Not what you get at most shows.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

This year was my first time...and I'll be going back EVERY year from now on no matter what.

The only other music festival I've gone to was Vegoose 07, and even though i saw the BEST LIVE SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND (DAFT PUNK) its amazing how much better Coachella is. Never a dull moment and the vibe was just awesome.

this was my first year and I will definitely come back in 2009 bringing more music geeks form Brazil with me. had the time of my life, really.

This was my first year and despite everyone's positive reaction to their first time, mine wasn't so great. After the first day I had HUGE blisters and my legs were like jello. I'm in good shape too! We had 3 day passes with camping but we woke up Sunday morning and just left. We couldn't take another day.

Thankfully the tickets and camping passes were free so we weren't out any money.

We had press passes this year too and if it weren't for the ability to go hide out in the nice VIP area it would have made the trip even worse.

The lineup was great don't get me wrong, this was more of the environment more than the actual music. The best performance of the 2 days we saw were Dredg and Prince. I don't know if I stood next to the two most clueless people in the world but when Morris Day and the Time starting singing their hit "Jungle Love", these two guys started saying "Hey, I've heard that song. Are they covering this?" They followed up that gem with "Who's that chick drumming?" (referring to Sheila E). D'oh!

Overall, I had a great time but my feet just couldn't take another day. Just to note, I had nice sneakers on all weekend and STILL got blisters.

glad to see everyone had a good time and wasnt dissappointed .... way to go GV and PF ...x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Come on udders...I rode my bike there and back friday and saturday- 4 miles each way- and still survived till the end of sunday...and I'm in terrible shape.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

This was my 5th year...and the vibe was absolutely lovely!!! I was a bit selfish this year and kept to myself. The few people I did talked to were a mix of regulars and new comers...and were all fabulous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeUdders View Post
    This was my first year and despite everyone's positive reaction to their first time, mine wasn't so great. After the first day I had HUGE blisters and my legs were like jello. I'm in good shape too! We had 3 day passes with camping but we woke up Sunday morning and just left. We couldn't take another day.

Thankfully the tickets and camping passes were free so we weren't out any money.

We had press passes this year too and if it weren't for the ability to go hide out in the nice VIP area it would have made the trip even worse.

The lineup was great don't get me wrong, this was more of the environment more than the actual music. The best performance of the 2 days we saw were Dredg and Prince. I don't know if I stood next to the two most clueless people in the world but when Morris Day and the Time starting singing their hit "Jungle Love", these two guys started saying "Hey, I've heard that song. Are they covering this?" They followed up that gem with "Who's that chick drumming?" (referring to Sheila E). D'oh!

Overall, I had a great time but my feet just couldn't take another day. Just to note, I had nice sneakers on all weekend and STILL got blisters.

kinda like a tour of duty, it gets easier the more experienced you get. after a while you learn to ignore the feet ache...I was in flip flops all weekend and never got a blister though.

2013 = 12 Coachellas

My "sensible comfy" shoes gave me blisters the first day so i switched to flip flops the second and third days and my feet were oh so happy, that is until the chick with the big ole thigh high black high heel boots (can someone explain that look to me in the desert when its 100 degrees?) stepped on my foot but still its better then blisters and pinched toes.

first times are always the best.
    my first year was in 2005 and ive been going ever since.
    i mean come on...

Weezer
    NIN
    Whats better than that for a first year?
    besides daft punk.
    who OWNED 2006.

Lurker

This was my first year. I'd been previously soured on outdoor shows because of this oversold Metallica thing back in '99. This was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by nilgravitydotcom View Post
    This was my first year. I'd been previously soured on outdoor shows because of this oversold Metallica thing back in '99. This was much better.
    I wouldnt even compare the two going into it.

2013 = 12 Coachellas