View Poll Results: Well, are you a self proclaimed hipster?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, of course

    21 14.58%
  • fuck no

    72 50.00%
  • all my friends would say so, but i'm really not (in other words, you are but are too lame to admit it)

    13 9.03%
  • i want to be a toys r us kid

    38 26.39%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 92

Thread: Are you a hipster?

  1. #31
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,731

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    "Hipsters are the new jocks, penguins and nazis"
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

  2. #32
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    As far as how I dress, people would never guess what music I listen to. They would all assume hip hop(which is also true, because I listen to ALMOST all genres of music)

  3. #33
    Member psychoc&ndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    As far as how I dress, people would never guess what music I listen to. They would all assume hip hop(which is also true, because I listen to ALMOST all genres of music)
    lol which genres do you despise?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

  4. #34
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    As far as how I dress, people would never guess what music I listen to. They would all assume hip hop(which is also true, because I listen to ALMOST all genres of music)
    This is the same for me except with metal, just because some wears a Slayer shirt doesn't mean they're just a metalhead i.e. drummer for MGMT and singer for Midnight Juggernauts.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  5. #35
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    COUNTRY except a couple like Cash, and early Elvis, and a couple others. OPERA can suck my dick, but other than that I'm pretty much open to everything else. I even play Mozart and other classical shit like that too calm me down when I'm writing a paper or something.

  6. #36
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    This is the same for me except with metal, just because some wears a Slayer shirt doesn't mean they're just a metalhead i.e. drummer for MGMT and singer for Midnight Juggernauts.
    I fucking hate it when I get pinned to one thing, it's like ask me you silly bastard.

  7. #37
    Member Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Putting the "ass" in assisted living
    Posts
    1,853

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?


    yes

  8. #38
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    OPERA can suck my dick
    Have you ever been? I really wouldn't knock this unless you've been I went to my first one this past winter and it was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  9. #39
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post

    yes
    DONT GET IT

  10. #40
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Have you ever been? I really wouldn't knock this unless you've been I went to my first one this past winter and it was amazing.
    yes i have, back in 04 I went, and my ears felt like they where going to explode like an atomic bomb. It was torture, I jumped in the car and played Radiohead as loud as possible afterwards.

  11. #41
    Member psychoc&ndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    DONT GET IT
    he's a hipster!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by psychoc&ndy View Post
    he's a hipster!!
    thanks got it.

  13. #43
    Member Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Putting the "ass" in assisted living
    Posts
    1,853

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by psychoc&ndy View Post
    he's a hipster!!
    I have a vagina

  14. #44
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    you do?

  15. #45

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    FRED PERRYS
    ADIDAS
    501/Plaid pants
    Jerry dammer shades
    Vespa/Citroen
    Patchouli
    Serg Gainsbourg/Scott Walker
    VICE
    LOL

  16. #46
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    Patchouli
    That's hippies not hipsters. I fuckin hate the smell of patchouli, and summer is coming up so all the travelers will be coming in reeking of it, begging for money, and stinking up all the good dive bars. I hate you hippies I hate you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,284

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    FRED PERRYS
    ADIDAS
    501/Plaid pants
    Jerry dammer shades
    Vespa/Citroen
    Patchouli
    Serg Gainsbourg/Scott Walker
    VICE
    LOL
    Really?

    Sshhh. I love Serg Gainsbourg. Perhaps it's because we both look/looked like old fat trolls.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  18. #48
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    I'm too old and anti-social to be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  19. #49
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    I need room in my jeans.

    Room for my... um... keys and stuff.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  20. #50

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    My friends who do not listen to music other than what is on the radio say I am but my hipster friends would not classify me as one.

  21. #51
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,603

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Most hipsters even the guys, never seem to weigh more than 105lbs. I'm over twice that so I'm automatically disqualified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  22. #52

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    what the fuck is a hipster????

    i am born and raised in LA

    so what the fuck is a hipster??? another label/title to call someone????

    or is it the so called hippie/yuppie off spring joing in together to act as they belong to something they know nothing about????

  23. #53

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    and seriously what the fuck is up with men wearing womans jeans to look slim???

    just wear some underwear and blue spray paint

    u cant even take those shits off to take a piss let alone wipe ur won ass cuz ur shades are in ur way and u dont want to fuck up ur emo hair cut

    what happened to "music fans"

    oops!!!!!!!!!! thats a label too right???

    new thread????

    are you a music fan?/

  24. #54

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    That's hippies not hipsters. I fuckin hate the smell of patchouli, and summer is coming up so all the travelers will be coming in reeking of it, begging for money, and stinking up all the good dive bars. I hate you hippies I hate you so much.
    I'm not a hippie.. I'm a beatnik! lol (Golden Halos)

  25. #55

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Really?

    Sshhh. I love Serg Gainsbourg. Perhaps it's because we both look/looked like old fat trolls.
    no fat rolls mate!

  26. #56
    Member €uroMeinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Nah, I'm the creepy old guy

  27. #57
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    I'm not a hippie.. I'm a beatnik! lol (Golden Halos)
    Beatniks are cool they usually have good drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  28. #58
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,595

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    Damn, I just realized I weigh 165... Looks like I'm not a hipster after all. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  29. #59
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,247

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    I kinda want this Dr Pepper shirt at Target I saw. Its simply a faded-style shirt with the Dr Pepper logo on it.
    I like Dr Pepper, and the shirt looks cool.
    If I buy it and wear it, would I be considered some sort of hipster?
    I hope not.
    (btw, i'm serious )

  30. #60
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Are you a hipster?

    I enjoy free will...being a follower does not appeal to me, and it never has

    plus, in addition to loving music, I like to go to the gym, so I can't be a hipster
    '99-'11...

Similar Threads

  1. HIPSTER OLYMPICS?
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
  2. So because of the little hipster kids...
    By marooko in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:04 AM
  3. Hipster Moustaches?
    By malcolmjamalawesome in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •