Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 106

Thread: San Francisco

  1. #1

    Default San Francisco

    I'm moving inside you in a few months. What's a good arts/culture/upcoming shows website? Any other cool SF related websites or information would be greatly appreciated. I like music and Chinese food.

  2. #2
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: San Francisco

    sfgate.com i think people like that. lot of shows and such.

  3. #3
    Member Jakewc151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: San Francisco

    http://foopee.com/punk/the-list/

    It's advertised as a "punk show" site, but if you click on the date ranges it will give you a list of all the parties/shows/clubs going on every day.. One of the most useful sites I've found regarding SF.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

    go listen to wolfmother...

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,752

    Default Re: San Francisco

    I love SF. the only website I use for sf related goings-on, really, is going.com. I got on their mailing list somehow but they have some pointers to some good events each weekend.

    oh, and every concert venue website.

    advance welcome to the city, it's an awesome place.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: San Francisco

    sfstation.com

    I've never liked the chinese food in in china town but I here we have great dimsum here but I'm not into it...

    Tam's cuisine in pacifica has great chinese food...which is just a quick skip out of the city on the coast...

    in case I forget...Welcome to the hood!!! Where are you moving too???

  6. #6
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    sfstation.com
    thats the other one i was trying to think of.

  7. #7

    Default Re: San Francisco

    I'm graduating college in June and moving August 1. I'm moving with some friends from here and they want to move to the Mission District which is apparently SF's version of Williamsburg, Brooklyn? Just hella hipsters? I don't know, we're gonna go into the city to look at it but from what I've heard it sounds like a pretty good neighborhood.

    Also if anybody has an entry-level job that would pay the bills please give it to me. I'm extremely competent and reliable.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    I'm moving inside you in a few months. What's a good arts/culture/upcoming shows website? Any other cool SF related websites or information would be greatly appreciated. I like music and Chinese food.
    Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    Pretty soon the best website will be the one I am making.

    And the Mission is not so much like Williamsburg.
    When it's complete are you gonna share it with us???

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    I'm graduating college in June and moving August 1. I'm moving with some friends from here and they want to move to the Mission District which is apparently SF's version of Williamsburg, Brooklyn? Just hella hipsters? I don't know, we're gonna go into the city to look at it but from what I've heard it sounds like a pretty good neighborhood.

    Also if anybody has an entry-level job that would pay the bills please give it to me. I'm extremely competent and reliable.
    go have a falafel at Truly Mediteranean on 16th & Valencia aka truly med...YUMM with chilli, extra cucumber salad & tahini sauce!!!

  11. #11
    Entry level Alt kitt kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Mission District? I dunno...They last time I was there, I was bombarded by crackheads and some dude who kept showing me pictures of his wife's nether regions. I've always considered the Mission District to be sketchtastic.

    You like chinese food? Hee hee hee Chinatown. There's an awesome candy store by the park (you know, just in case you want some barbeque baby squid) and across from that, there's a restaurant called "Chinatown Restaurant" (no joke) that's been around forever, and it's pretty good. I always eat there when I decide I want some Chinatown Chinese.

  12. #12
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: San Francisco

    tastic.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Mission District is whack... Hayes and Haight is were it's at.
    .

  14. #14
    Entry level Alt kitt kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: San Francisco

    ^Word. My brother lives in upper haight. I love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    tastic.
    You love it.

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    ^Word. My brother lives in upper haight. I love it.


    You love it.
    actually that's a good foot note for living in Haight... Upper Haight is were it's at... Lower Haight... not so much. I live more towards Ashbury, Cole Valley is pretty sweet also.
    .

  16. #16

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Well, I'm open to advice on the neighborhood. I'm living with 2 other dudes, and one of them wants to live in the Mission while the other one doesn't have a preference. The one who wants to live in the Mission wants to do so because his girlfriend wants to, and I'm not entirely sure she's making that choice for the right reasons and/or considering other areas. So far what I've heard about the mission is "it's where all the young people are moving" or some shit.

    What do you guys think?

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Well, I'm open to advice on the neighborhood. I'm living with 2 other dudes, and one of them wants to live in the Mission while the other one doesn't have a preference. The one who wants to live in the Mission wants to do so because his girlfriend wants to, and I'm not entirely sure she's making that choice for the right reasons and/or considering other areas. So far what I've heard about the mission is "it's where all the young people are moving" or some shit.

    What do you guys think?
    I think she is partially right. There are parts of the mission that are made up of lofts and inhabited by young hipsters, but they are also mostly the wannabe eurotrash hipsters who don't mind saying hi to the crackhead sleeping on their stoop every morning because they think it makes them edgier. If you want to live in a part of the city were there is cool stuff around, but you are close enough to downtown to get to the Mezzanine in 10 minutes I'd suggest Hayes, Upper Haight and Cole Valley first.
    .

  18. #18
    old school
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,901

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Carls Jr on Market St is a great spot to make people uncomfortable if you're an incontinent tranny. They also have onion rings.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

  19. #19
    old school
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,901

    Default Re: San Francisco

    carls jr security guard : do we have a problem?
    incontinent tranny: my momma"s got a problem.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,390

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Live in the mission or lower haight. Maybe USF (NOPA). Potrero Hill in a stretch.

    Everywhere else is just too damn far or full of people I'm assuming you don't want to be around.

    SOMA is your music scene but it's not really a desirable place to live.


    As far as tracking SF EDM scene, Tribe.com's a decent resource.
    So is Groundscore.net for breaks and dnb.

    I can send you a list of mailing lists you want to be on as well.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 05-01-2008 at 01:34 PM.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,390

    Default Re: San Francisco

    btw, most of what's being said about the Mission here is hyperbole.

    and as far as crackheads, they're ubiquitous. Unless you go way out in the sunset or richmond you will have to see them no matter what. It's not that big a deal.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Live in the mission or lower haight. Maybe USF (NOPA). Potrero Hill in a stretch.
    You should of tagged "if you want to live some place kinda shitty" at the end of that.
    .

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,390

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    You should of tagged "if you want to live some place kinda shitty" at the end of that.

    and where do you live?

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    btw, most of what's being said about the Mission here is hyperbole.

    and as far as crackheads, they're ubiquitous. Unless you go way out in the sunset or richmond you will have to see them no matter what. It's not that big a deal.
    Just because it's hyperbole doesn't mean it isn't true...

    ...and I don't see crackheads were I live.
    .

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    and where do you live?
    on Buena Vista Park, on the Ashbury side.
    .

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,390

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Just because it's hyperbole doesn't mean it isn't true...

    ...and I don't see crackheads were I live.
    go learn some english. hyperbole means precisely that.

    Your description of the mission paints you as bitter and angry.

    Get over yourself. Everyone's just trying to be comfortable and if you can't handle it don't fucking go there.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 05-01-2008 at 01:41 PM.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,390

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    on Buena Vista Park, on the Ashbury side.
    If your hills weren't so steep you'd have crackheads, and that park itself is full of scum past dusk.
    besides a couple blocks down on haight you have FAR FAR worse than crackheads. You have pathetic wannabe hippy posers.

    Did you just move there this morning or something?

    The upper haight fucking blows. Your rant against mission hipsters is now all the more hilarious.

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    go learn some english. hyperbole means precisely that.

    Your description of the mission paints you as a bitter and angry.

    Get over yourself. Everyone's just trying to be comfortable and if you can't handle it don't fucking go there.
    Umm... hyberbole is a form of exaggeration, things that are exaggerated are ususally true to some extent asshole. Since the first thing you said was completely retarded and obnoxious I'm not going to dignify the rest with a response.
    .

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,390

    Default Re: San Francisco

    give it up. You said something stupid. Hyperbole, by definition, means you are blowing up small truths to the point of untruth.

    You're a retard. Feel free to drop out and quit polluting potential transplants with your ignorance.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    If your hills weren't so steep you'd have crackheads, and that park itself is full of scum past dusk.
    besides a couple blocks down on haight you have FAR FAR worse than crackheads. You have pathetic wannabe hippy posers.

    Did you just move there this morning or something?

    The upper haight fucking blows. Your rant against mission hipsters is now all the more hilarious.
    you are obviously a mission hipster.
    .

Similar Threads

  1. HOW FAR IN INDIO FROM SAN FRANCISCO??
    By dacs85 in forum Questions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 11:36 AM
  2. SAN FRANCISCO
    By mekidknows in forum Carpools
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM
  3. San Francisco Anyone??
    By camilaluana in forum Carpools
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
  4. Need ride from san francisco
    By eulalea in forum Carpools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •