Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friends Who NOW Regret Missing It

Default Friends Who NOW Regret Missing It

I dont know if yall noticed, but our adventure last weekend has sorta become the talk of the internet. Everyone's eating their words (myself included) from last January and a whooollllle bunch of "underwhelmed"s are turning into "over"s. Turns out we really were in "the coolest place in the world"

So who has the most friends that regret missing out this year?
    Friends that usually go but sat it out this year?
    Friends that planned to go but backed out?

I have about 8 to 10 friends that have whined about how they wish they could have been there for it all. Which is hilarious, becuase they COULD have, but didnt.
    This sig sponsored by MenocuŽ buttplugs.MenocuŽ butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

Default Re: Friends Who NOW Regret Missing It

I have friends that all have a "casual" interest in going, but never pull the trigger and tag along. I went solo this year for that reason. Most seemed salty they couldn't make it. It was great the way this festival shaped up and met all expectations.

As for any of you guys that have friends that are beging party poopers and don't wanna go, ask yourself this question-
    "do you want your friends to ruin your fun?"
    If I decided what I was gonna do based on my friends priorities/interest, I wouldn't have come to the 'fest this year. So just because they don't wanna do something, doesn't mean it has to ruin it for you. Take a chance, stick your neck out, and go alone if you have to. You'll meet so many people in the campsite anyway, you'll forget about your friends for the weekend lol.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2014 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I have one that usu. goes who didn't this year and he kept fucking calling me every day 3 or 4 times a day. I'm like why didn't you just come?
    The White Stripes 9/18

Do we count in the friends who are still in denial?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

yeah, he's still in denial but he finally did admit that he regrets not going saturday.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I went with my usual concert going friend and even though he's the walking wikipedia of music, he still needed to be edited because fool was on tilt after this Coachella...

Oh, and about 97% of my friends have called/text'd/emailed me wondering how it went...

my friends wouldve gone if they had money, so im not holding it agiant them, except for my best friend, shes in one of those relationships now where they both have to do EVERYTHING together, so there was no way she was gunna come all by herself with me and he didnt want to go

their loss
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    my friends wouldve gone if they had money, so im not holding it agiant them, except for my best friend, shes in one of those relationships now where they both have to do EVERYTHING together, so there was no way she was gunna come all by herself with me and he didnt want to go

their loss
    ahhh that sucks...

my bf is green with envy and definitely wants to come next year... shoulda woulda coulda

another friend of ours couldn't come because of her exams so I'm trying not to rub it in

It really doesn't phase me that I skipped this year. I still stand by my January decision to bail on my plans for attending. Hopefully next year will be more attractive.

To be quite honest, I don't want people going to Coachella that aren't absolutely excited about being there. The first time I ever attended Coachella was sunday last year and PvD was my first EDM act ever. EVERYONE in that tent was having an absolute great time and dancing/jumping off their asses (not to mention it was packed to the brim.) This year...a bunch of electro-revival stuff with kids saying aphex twin and fatboy slim sucked while boys noize and justice WERE THE BEST EVER (justice was great but show some repsect).

I hope it sells out and sells out quick next year, because then i'll know that the people who are there really want to be there.

oh ya. all my friends felt sorry they didn't make it, all promised they would go next year (as they usually do every year).
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

my partner in crime is stuck in new york and she missed a damn good show from what we always check out.

HARD Summer fest we're going to be all over though and both do the burning man challenge this year. We are ready.

Every single of mine, shit. Not to mention half my extended family. I don't even want to say I told you so.

i would say 90% of my friends' excuse was "the money" which i think for anyone over the age of 18 is BS. i currently work under 9 hours a week and make about 8.25 an hour with tips. i can make enough money to cover coachella in less than a month of working- make the $300 and put it away for one year. its so easy!

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    I have one that usu. goes who didn't this year and he kept fucking calling me every day 3 or 4 times a day. I'm like why didn't you just come?
    i love your signature
    i feel for you
    trust me

I went solo as usual, but this time when I returned home people that had never even heard the word Coachella b4 were like "oh, you were at the most epic Prince show of all time? yeah, im a dumbass and told you I couldnt, wouldnt, didnt want to go. Im a loser and you are the coolest." well it usuallly goes something like that.

EVERYONE i know wished that they were there. My boss and her boss greet me on wednesday (first day back) and go "I read Prince was fantastic in the paper."

my response:

"you have no freakin' idea." grinning ear to ear.

all of my friends were jealous of SOMETHING, portishead, roger waters, kraftwerk, prince.

and my super gay asian coworker, totally into EDM, was jealous that there were so many of his favs in the sahara. broke his heart i only saw like 2 of them.

My friends who wanted to go are jealous but stand by their decisions not to go (because of school, money, work, whatever). I wish they'd gone but I understand that one weekend was not worth blowing grad school or a new job. I guess. :P

I gave up on people like this a long time ago...if you dont know coachella is the greatest party of the year you have your head up your ass.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    My friends who wanted to go are jealous but stand by their decisions not to go (because of school, money, work, whatever). I wish they'd gone but I understand that one weekend was not worth blowing grad school or a new job. I guess. :P
    i plan ahead. its not like you don't know its coming.

although some of my friends really have no money, but then again if they didn't go eat out just once a week for a year, they have enough money to go to coachella.

we did the math.

I have a friend who refused to go because the "the lineup sucked," and that he's "going to this one fest with a way better lineup," except he changes conversation or walks away whenever I ask what fest it is.

Haha.

yes all the friends are saying i shouldve gone...whatever, i am jobless and have no money but i pulled it out of my ass and had fun.

No matter what I knew I would have fun...i dont know they are lame but i expect that of them and i dont even really b other asking them.

But yeah they were all whining.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Every year I go all my friends ask me how it was, and I tell them. Then they tell me how much they want to go. I let them know when tickets go on sale. They don't get them, then it comes around and the cycle begins again.
    '07 '08 and beyond...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteve0 View Post
    Every year I go all my friends ask me how it was, and I tell them. Then they tell me how much they want to go. I let them know when tickets go on sale. They don't get them, then it comes around and the cycle begins again.
    pretty much same for me, except I have one group of friends that always go...but that consists of 5 people maybe
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    I have about 8 to 10 friends that have whined about how they wish they could have been there for it all. Which is hilarious, becuase they COULD have, but didnt.
    Don't regret not going. Not in denial. Glad I saved my money this year. Good try though.

Quote Originally Posted by la_soro View Post
    Don't regret not going. Not in denial. Glad I saved my money this year. Good try though.
    Your ignorance on this matter is through the roof, but trust me, you wanna be ignorant and not believe us, because then you'd realize what you missed.
    Jamiroquai 2014 please.
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    This was me in '07. So going this year was 2 years in the making (my first and only year was '06... and had a lot of fun that year). I was only working PT, had a lot of bills, and started orientation for a new job (which i still have) the Monday morning after the 2007 'fest ended in Minneapolis. This was a group orientation that only occurs like once every couple of months, so cancelling meant being broke 2 months longer. Also tickets were supposedly sold out. So for financial, logistical, and practical reasons, I couldn't go in 2007. I STILL SHOULD'VE, AND HAVE BEEN KINCKING MYSELF SINCE.
    Jamiroquai 2014 please.

anyone who still hasn't gone, that has been old enough and could afford it, just doesn't deserve to go...if you're not old enough, or can't afford it, that's a different story...but after 9 years of wonderful Coachella happenings, what could convince someone now?
    '99-'11...

Being on the east coast (Atlanta) while a lot of people would like the experience its a bit more of a "vacation" than a weekend getaway. However, they are dumbasses now for not going, this was my third and I rave about it coming back every year. Already have every intent for next year and tix will be bought before lineup is announced as usual

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteve0 View Post
    Same here. For me it has become of a game of how many people can I get to stop being stupid and actually go each year. So far each year has had a bigger group of people than the previous.