Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatboy Slim + Chromeo = Roger Waters is a d!ck

Lurker

Default Fatboy Slim + Chromeo = Roger Waters is a d!ck

As I stood 50 feet away from Fatboy Slim's underwhelming set, I was at least almost physically moved by the reverberations of the bass and treble.
    However, at Simeon Mobile Disco and Chromeo I noticed that the volume was turned down considerably - resulting in a less than desirable dance mojo.
    So not only does one aging prog-rock has-been have the power to kill the outdoor stage in order to reduce noise bleed, he reduces the impact of what could have been Coachella 2008's greatest quadruple assault (ModeselektorSMDChromeoJustice).

(PS. I'm 40 and can't stand classic rock. Aren't there other festivals for that?)
    Last edited by ecalcott; 04-29-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Default Re: Fatboy Slim + Chromeo = Roger Waters is a d!ck

Maybe your ears are seriously damaged.

I can't believe how many people stand feet from the speakers with no ear plugs in, its absurd.

SMD was plenty loud.

i'm so deaf i can't even read

Quote Originally Posted by ecalcott View Post
    As I stood 50 feet away from Fatboy Slim's underwhelming set, I was at least almost physically moved by the reverberations of the bass and treble.
    However, at Simon Mobile Disco and Chromeo I noticed that the volume was turned down considerably - resulting in a less than desirable dance mojo.
    So not only does one aging prog-rock has-been have the power to kill the outdoor stage in order to reduce noise bleed, he reduces the impact of what could have been Coachella 2008's greatest quadruple assault (ModeselektorSMDChromeoJustice).

(PS. I'm 40 and can't stand classic rock. Aren't there other festivals for that?)

It's Art Rock. Syd Barret era-Floyd founded art rock, which is what most of Coachella is.

Your mistake was going to see DJ acts when the greatest live face melter of all time was just yards away.

Hippie

Art rock?

Is that different from Emo - core?

Please give us a fucking break. It's music, good music. Let's leave it at

SMD was slightly lower, but not terribly lower. Modeselektor turned theirs down a bit, but then turned it up when they realized. Justice got CRANKED.

Next years biggest piece of merch will be the official Coachella hankie, so all the crybabies can wipe the tears away in hipster style.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Justice got CRANKED.
    I could hear Justice very clearly in the campground, and I was way out in section A.

EDIT Oh, and there were several quieter moments in Water's show where I could hear the thumpthumpthump of the Sahara pretty clearly too.

EDIT AGAIN I couldn't hear Fatboy at all in the campground, but that might have been because JJ was still on.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 04-29-2008 at 03:59 PM.

I think aphex twin had the loudest set. maybe that is just before my ears were blown out. Also modeselektor has so much insane bass in their music. Most bass i heard in that tent all day.

Modeselektor's bass was loud as fuck, it sounded like some teenager's car stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

Chromeo ruins the awesomeness of Modeselektor > SM > Justice.

i was right on the rail for Modeselektor - SMD and chromeo and it was fucking loud! i could feel my guts vibrate!!!

Default Re: Fatboy Slim + Chromeo = Roger Waters is a God!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    It's Art Rock. Syd Barret era-Floyd founded art rock, which is what most of Coachella is.

Your mistake was going to see DJ acts when the greatest live face melter of all time was just yards away.
    Well said Wolverine........ I love Djs and all and im going to EDC... but how can anybody with a mind miss out on Roger FUCKING Waters???? my face was melted beyond recognition after that. The genious music, the awesome pig, fireworks and the presence of a living legend almost gave me a heart attack. I was front row for it. Watching the pig in the sky made you feel like you were in the 1977 Animals tour. I think if i would have seen all of Pink Floyd i would have been melted completly. you would have seen a puddle of my remains there on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ecalcott View Post
    what could have been Coachella 2008's greatest quadruple assault (ModeselektorSMDChromeoJustice).
    this is seriously the most ignorant statement ever. what the fuck is wrong with you?

ummmmm, let's see....

Modeselektor > SMD > Chromeo > Justice ??

OR....

Hot Chip > Kraftwerk > Portishead > Prince ??

i feel silly even making the comparison.

I don't know how anyone can say SMD wasn't loud?? You could hear the Sahara bumpin from deep within the Roger Waters crowd.

I actually wish they did turn the volume down cause the bleed was beginning to annoy me.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

The Do-Lab had terrible noise bleed! The outdoor, main stage, gobi... it was very annoying, especially for the outdoor stage.

While Modeselekor had the heaviest bass, Justice was the loudest act of the weekend. I caught the first few songs and after leaving (unimpressed) I could still hear it crystal-clear in the campground A section.

Justice was very loud. I left right after Roger Waters, and I could hear Justice clearly from the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    this is seriously the most ignorant statement ever. what the fuck is wrong with you?

ummmmm, let's see....

OR....

truth

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post

ummmmm, let's see....

OR....

agreed on all accounts.

The combination of Diplo to Aphex to Pendulum to Fatboy was better than the Sunday Night lineup, and Diplo sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post

No the mistake was having a washed up turd headline Sunday. I saw the Floyd w/o Waters and it was far far far far far far better. I was fending off the naysayers before the show, but this wrinkled bitch really did perform with a fucking backing vocal track to help his aged ass out. Dont get me wrong, the visual show was NICE! - but other than that it was a traveshamockery of the brilliance that is Floyd. Waters sounded like absolute shit and so did the band. Most of Coachella is NOT fucking art-rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Art rock?

Is that different from Emo - core?

Please give us a fucking break. It's music, good music. Let's leave it at
    No, its not different, both styles are dominated by males who claim to not be gay but still tongue kiss other men and suck dick.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Well said Wolverine........ I love Djs and all and im going to EDC... but how can anybody with a mind miss out on Roger FUCKING Waters???? my face was melted beyond recognition after that. The genious music, the awesome pig, fireworks and the presence of a living legend almost gave me a heart attack. I was front row for it. Watching the pig in the sky made you feel like you were in the 1977 Animals tour. I think if i would have seen all of Pink Floyd i would have been melted completly. you would have seen a puddle of my remains there on the ground.
    Please see response above, thank you.

**Edit: Chromeo was the wink link in the Sunday Sahara lineup, but they were fun.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I don't understand the title of the thread...great pictures though...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    No the mistake was having a washed up turd headline Sunday. I saw the Floyd w/o Waters and it was far far far far far far better. I was fending off the naysayers before the show, but this wrinkled bitch really did perform with a fucking backing vocal track to help his aged ass out. Dont get me wrong, the visual show was NICE! - but other than that it was a traveshamockery of the brilliance that is Floyd. Waters sounded like absolute shit and so did the band. Most of Coachella is NOT fucking art-rock.

No, its not different, both styles are dominated by males who claim to not be gay but still tongue kiss other men and suck dick.

**Edit: Chromeo was the wink link in the Sunday Sahara lineup, but they were fun.
    what makes you think you know it all?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

What makes you think I know what makes me think I know it all?

Well DuH you fucking dumb shit of course Waters aint gonna sound like he did in his prime. WTF did you expect?? for his age he did pretty well. if you didnt like his set you should have gotten the fuck out and made room for the fans who were enjoying the show. ....... and no 60's psychedelic rock is NOT dominated by Gay men..... Im sure youve done your fair share of dick sucking and ball gargling just by looking at your avatar.
    Last edited by bluemamba; 06-24-2008 at 06:06 PM.

never said I expected him to sound like he did in his prime. Just that I expected him to sound like he had some talent left. Its not my fault he Britney Spears / Ashley Simsponed it up. You sound like someone that was fooled by his shenanigans. FYI: I did get the fuck out even though I was enjoying the show, but not the music. I also said that ART ROCK was like EMO in that the men suck dick and tongue kiss but claim to not be gay. AND I've done more than my fair share of dick sucking, but I prefer Arabian goggles and T-bags to gargling though. My avatar is actually the sweetest (and I mean tasting) peice of tail ever to grace the polo fields.

never said I expected him to sound like he did in his prime. Just that I expected him to sound like he had some talent left. Its not my fault he Britney Spears / Ashley Simsponed it up. You sound like someone that was fooled by his shenanigans. FYI: I did get the fuck out even though I was enjoying the show, but not the music. I also said that ART ROCK was like EMO in that the men suck dick and tongue kiss but claim to not be gay. AND I've done more than my fair share of dick sucking, but I prefer Arabian goggles and T-bags to gargling though. My avatar is actually the sweetest (and I mean tasting) peice of tail ever to grace the polo fields.
    LOL

Justice was loud as fuck. They were almost as loud as Richard who was the loudest in the Sahara that I watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

Hippie

It would be really nice if the final night headliner actually sang, wouldn't it be Paul Toilet? Why was this year so lopsided for Saturday? Portishead was SO much better than aging solo-has been and Kraftwerk was SO much better than Jackass Johnson, not to mention Prince. WTF was with the first and third nights of Coachella this year. Go back to 2 days Please!!! For the sake of all of us !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    It would be really nice if the final night headliner actually sang, wouldn't it be Paul Toilet? Why was this year so lopsided for Saturday? Portishead was SO much better than aging solo-has been and Kraftwerk was SO much better than Jackass Johnson, not to mention Prince. WTF was with the first and third nights of Coachella this year. Go back to 2 days Please!!! For the sake of all of us !!!!!
    ??? Your a Fucking idiot!!! make Coachella 2 days??? Fuck you!! i want Coachella to be upgraded to 4 Days!!!

Coachella was originally only two days you dip while I don't agree with backwater he is right I was pretty bored Sunday as compared to Friday or Saturday
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .