Thread: Fake Tickets

Thumbs down Fake Tickets

My friend bought fake tickets for saturday and sunday from a guy in the parking lot on friday, friday ticket was good, so he found out saturday when we got to the festival, the people at the entrance were really cool, and let my friend in on saturday.
    The security guy at the entrance told us that a lot of people bought fake tickets on saturday.

Default Re: Fake Tickets

Somebody was trying to buy tickets INSIDE of Coachella, by the merch booth. I thought about selling him the one I'd already used just to teach him a lesson for his stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    Somebody was trying to buy tickets INSIDE of Coachella, by the merch booth. I thought about selling him the one I'd already used just to teach him a lesson for his stupidity.
    Dude, didn't you stop to think he was trying to buy tickets for the following day?? I doubt that person was THAT stupid..
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

Quote Originally Posted by cbrl23 View Post
    My friend bought fake tickets for saturday and sunday from a guy in the parking lot on friday, friday ticket was good, so he found out saturday when we got to the festival, the people at the entrance were really cool, and let my friend in on saturday.
    The security guy at the entrance told us that a lot of people bought fake tickets on saturday.
    the EXACT same thing happened to me!!! i bought a ticket for each day for my friend and friday was legit, but sat & sun weren't... i think the sat & sun tickets were real tickets, but had been cancelled or whatever, making them bad tickets...

sux that they let your friend in... i had to leave, have money wired via western union and go back (and deal with traffic again)...

sucked.

but i DID get scalpers back by selling my fake sunday hard ticket to a scapler for like $20...

I hate bastards who sell fake tickets.

I saw these poor girls from Japan in front of me who got stopped by security because they bought fake tickets.

Imagine coming all that way and being told you can't get in.

California has anti scalping laws, they just never enforce it.

well, it's not actually scalping, cause they weren't charging more than ticket list price...

in fact, the tickets i got were like $40 less for the three days, that and the 1/2 mile walk i thought it was saving me...

i got one from someone who posted here. 65 bucks. no prob. she's awesome in my book. it was a sunday ticket. i owe her big.

Scalpers in the parking lot are scum of the earth. I would never trust any of those guys. I would buy from someone on the forums or craigslist but even then you're taking a risk.

I didn't make it down to the Glasshouse or Fingerprints so I just bought mine at the box office for $300.

if i had known that it wouldn't sell out, i woulda too! it was $30 cheaper per person to buy tickets at the door...

I actually had a few extra tickets for each day, and stopped the car for one of the guys that was holding a sign that said "I need tickets". I wasn't born yesterday, I know he was just going to turn around and sell them, and asked him how much he'd pay. He said "$20 each." I told him to kiss my ass (with slightly more colorful language), and walked in Sunday with three extra tickets in my pocket. I'd rather have the unripped tickets as souvenirs of the greatest show I've ever seen in my life (Roger Waters) than sell them to some scumbag for $20 each when he'd just turn around and make at least two or three times that by selling them to someone else. Now I feel bad--At least had I sold him my extras, someone would have had REAL tickets...

(This may be my second post, but I still feel like a Message Board virgin... When does the feeling of Message Board shame finally go away??)

when we gang rape you next year.

Unhappy Re: Fake Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    when we gang rape you next year.
    Then the shame just turns to pain... Thanks for giving me something to NOT look forward to about next year's Coachella!

No no no, it's totally something to look forward to. We call it a rape but it's really more like a chain of love. We'll ease in to it. You'll like it. maybe not at first, but after a while it will be like a person held captive, you'll learn to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    No no no, it's totally something to look forward to. We call it a rape but it's really more like a chain of love. We'll ease in to it. You'll like it. maybe not at first, but after a while it will be like a person held captive, you'll learn to love it.
    Well, in that case...

(maybe if I keep posting, my weer-jin status will be long forgotten by then...)

I'm not surprised at all about Saturday's fake tickets. On Friday, it seemed like most lines they were NOT scanning tickets and instead just ripping them in half. As long as you had a white 8 1/2 X 11 paper with some orange ink on it, they let you in. I don't even think they were looking at the date or event.

A few people probably noticed this and likely made several copies of the same ticket assuming that will work for Saturday as well. Saturday they started scanning.

Karma's a bitch....

Quote Originally Posted by pgarg View Post
    Well, in that case...

(maybe if I keep posting, my weer-jin status will be long forgotten by then...)
    No. We take notes.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I'm not surprised at all about Saturday's fake tickets. On Friday, it seemed like most lines they were NOT scanning tickets and instead just ripping them in half. As long as you had a white 8 1/2 X 11 paper with some orange ink on it, they let you in. I don't even think they were looking at the date or event.

A few people probably noticed this and likely made several copies of the same ticket assuming that will work for Saturday as well. Saturday they started scanning.
    That's not entirely true. I was there fri. to buy a ticket for sun. While waiting for the young lady I observed several people go in, over 100 I'm sure. They all got their ticket scanned(that I saw). I also saw a lady try to hand the scanner some money and just walk by, he wasn't having it.