Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Fake Tickets

  1. #1

    Thumbs down Fake Tickets

    My friend bought fake tickets for saturday and sunday from a guy in the parking lot on friday, friday ticket was good, so he found out saturday when we got to the festival, the people at the entrance were really cool, and let my friend in on saturday.
    The security guy at the entrance told us that a lot of people bought fake tickets on saturday.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    Somebody was trying to buy tickets INSIDE of Coachella, by the merch booth. I thought about selling him the one I'd already used just to teach him a lesson for his stupidity.

  3. #3
    Member Jakewc151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    Somebody was trying to buy tickets INSIDE of Coachella, by the merch booth. I thought about selling him the one I'd already used just to teach him a lesson for his stupidity.
    Dude, didn't you stop to think he was trying to buy tickets for the following day?? I doubt that person was THAT stupid..
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

    go listen to wolfmother...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by cbrl23 View Post
    My friend bought fake tickets for saturday and sunday from a guy in the parking lot on friday, friday ticket was good, so he found out saturday when we got to the festival, the people at the entrance were really cool, and let my friend in on saturday.
    The security guy at the entrance told us that a lot of people bought fake tickets on saturday.
    the EXACT same thing happened to me!!! i bought a ticket for each day for my friend and friday was legit, but sat & sun weren't... i think the sat & sun tickets were real tickets, but had been cancelled or whatever, making them bad tickets...

    sux that they let your friend in... i had to leave, have money wired via western union and go back (and deal with traffic again)...

    sucked.


    but i DID get scalpers back by selling my fake sunday hard ticket to a scapler for like $20...

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,709

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    I hate bastards who sell fake tickets.

    I saw these poor girls from Japan in front of me who got stopped by security because they bought fake tickets.

    Imagine coming all that way and being told you can't get in.

    California has anti scalping laws, they just never enforce it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    well, it's not actually scalping, cause they weren't charging more than ticket list price...

    in fact, the tickets i got were like $40 less for the three days, that and the 1/2 mile walk i thought it was saving me...

  7. #7
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    i got one from someone who posted here. 65 bucks. no prob. she's awesome in my book. it was a sunday ticket. i owe her big.

  8. #8
    Member monodistortion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    Scalpers in the parking lot are scum of the earth. I would never trust any of those guys. I would buy from someone on the forums or craigslist but even then you're taking a risk.

    I didn't make it down to the Glasshouse or Fingerprints so I just bought mine at the box office for $300.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    if i had known that it wouldn't sell out, i woulda too! it was $30 cheaper per person to buy tickets at the door...

  10. #10
    Lurker pgarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    I actually had a few extra tickets for each day, and stopped the car for one of the guys that was holding a sign that said "I need tickets". I wasn't born yesterday, I know he was just going to turn around and sell them, and asked him how much he'd pay. He said "$20 each." I told him to kiss my ass (with slightly more colorful language), and walked in Sunday with three extra tickets in my pocket. I'd rather have the unripped tickets as souvenirs of the greatest show I've ever seen in my life (Roger Waters) than sell them to some scumbag for $20 each when he'd just turn around and make at least two or three times that by selling them to someone else. Now I feel bad--At least had I sold him my extras, someone would have had REAL tickets...

    (This may be my second post, but I still feel like a Message Board virgin... When does the feeling of Message Board shame finally go away??)

  11. #11
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    when we gang rape you next year.

  12. #12
    Lurker pgarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    20

    Unhappy Re: Fake Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    when we gang rape you next year.
    Then the shame just turns to pain... Thanks for giving me something to NOT look forward to about next year's Coachella!

  13. #13
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    No no no, it's totally something to look forward to. We call it a rape but it's really more like a chain of love. We'll ease in to it. You'll like it. maybe not at first, but after a while it will be like a person held captive, you'll learn to love it.

  14. #14
    Lurker pgarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    No no no, it's totally something to look forward to. We call it a rape but it's really more like a chain of love. We'll ease in to it. You'll like it. maybe not at first, but after a while it will be like a person held captive, you'll learn to love it.
    Well, in that case...

    (maybe if I keep posting, my weer-jin status will be long forgotten by then...)

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,352

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    I'm not surprised at all about Saturday's fake tickets. On Friday, it seemed like most lines they were NOT scanning tickets and instead just ripping them in half. As long as you had a white 8 1/2 X 11 paper with some orange ink on it, they let you in. I don't even think they were looking at the date or event.

    A few people probably noticed this and likely made several copies of the same ticket assuming that will work for Saturday as well. Saturday they started scanning.

  16. #16
    Member tripcalifornia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ventura County
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    Karma's a bitch....

  17. #17
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Fake Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by pgarg View Post
    Well, in that case...

    (maybe if I keep posting, my weer-jin status will be long forgotten by then...)
    No. We take notes.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I'm not surprised at all about Saturday's fake tickets. On Friday, it seemed like most lines they were NOT scanning tickets and instead just ripping them in half. As long as you had a white 8 1/2 X 11 paper with some orange ink on it, they let you in. I don't even think they were looking at the date or event.

    A few people probably noticed this and likely made several copies of the same ticket assuming that will work for Saturday as well. Saturday they started scanning.
    That's not entirely true. I was there fri. to buy a ticket for sun. While waiting for the young lady I observed several people go in, over 100 I'm sure. They all got their ticket scanned(that I saw). I also saw a lady try to hand the scanner some money and just walk by, he wasn't having it.

Similar Threads

  1. fake id in la
    By freshdirect in forum Questions
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 11:37 AM
  2. fake tickets??
    By chronictacos in forum Passes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
  3. FAKE TICKETS?
    By analog_boy_84 in forum Passes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 07:32 AM
  4. Fake ID's
    By **JwOx** in forum Questions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 01:01 PM
  5. I Just Got a Fake I.D.
    By PineapplePete in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •