Thread: Missing Pig Parts Found

Talking Missing Pig Parts Found

Pig found in La Quinta country club

Lorraine Whetstone and Marcel Honore April 29, 2008

The inflatable, school bus-sized inflatable pig that floated away during Roger Waters' closing performance this weekend has been found in two parts in a La Quinta country club, according to Coachella organizers.

"That's definitely our pig," said Bill Fold, a Coachella producer.

Susan Stolz called The Desert Sun this morning saying she and her husband found a glob of vinyl in their driveway yesterday at the Hideaway Golf Club in La Quinta. Not sure what it was, they threw it away. This morning, they read about the missing pig in the newspaper and e-mailed the following to Coachella organizers.

"It is entirely possible that I have at least part of your pig. My husband and I live at the Hideaway. We found a large pile of plastic yesterday morning on our driveway. It has some blue, yellow and silver paint. I must warn you that it is not in good shape. Maybe the balloon exploded or something. However, if you'd like to check it out, just let me know. "

"We went and got the pig out of the trash and put him in the garage," Stolz said. "We have laughed our heads off."

Another tangled, painted mess of what's left of the pig has been found about a half a block away. That neighbor is not home, yet.

Coachella Fest organizers are offering a $10,000 reward and four Coachella tickets for life for the return of the inflatable pig.

Stolz said she and her husband, Steve, would split the reward with their neighbor and would happily accept Coachella tickets.

The pig, which was held above the crowd at the Coachella Music and Arts Festival on Sunday from lines held on the ground, displayed the words ``Don't be led to the slaughter'' and a cartoon of Uncle Sam with two bloody cleavers.

The underside of the pig read ``Obama'' with a checked ballot box alongside, referring to Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-
    Ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Default Re: Missing Pig Parts Found

it had to of had some kind of detonation device for when it reached a certain altitude...seems to be the only way they'd be allowed to release it into the open sky. either that or maybe a small hole that slowly let the air out. the fact that it was found in pieces makes me believe a small charge went off.

Hillary, aka Annie Oakley, shot 'er down!
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

helium ballons that float up, eventually explode/pop because there is less atmospheric pressure up there, so the balloon keeps inflating the higher it goes until it just expands too much and pops. I'm pretty sure that's what happened here too, since obviously the balloon is in at least two pieces.

The Hideaway is near where my grandparents live. The pig didn't get very far.

I wanna call bullshit on this one. I am a local and I was at the show and that friggin pig looked like it was well on its way to Temecula.
    La Quinta is just the next city over. I would have figured that pig was well past La Quinta when I lost sight of it, and I was watching it forever.

But who knows. My perception was little off at the time, so maybe it did land in La Quinta.
    How disappointing.

I was rather hoping that the pig was programmed to fly right onto the white house lawn.

Don't be led to the slaughter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimella View Post
    I was rather hoping that the pig was programmed to fly right onto the white house lawn.

Don't be led to the slaughter!!!
    That would have been awesome!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    it had to of had some kind of detonation device for when it reached a certain altitude...seems to be the only way they'd be allowed to release it into the open sky. either that or maybe a small hole that slowly let the air out. the fact that it was found in pieces makes me believe a small charge went off.
    Nonsense.

if you look on wikipedia there's a list of every pig waters has ever used and what became of them

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJupe View Post
    I wanna call bullshit on this one. I am a local and I was at the show and that friggin pig looked like it was well on its way to Temecula.
    It seemed like it was just going straight up for a while.

The Hideaway in La Quinta? That $10,000 is pocket change to those folks!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Here's a video of the pig parts

They had on the news tonight that the pig parts landed in a wealthy neighborhood, and the people will donate the $10,000 to a children's music program. They didn't mention about the 4 tix for life.
    Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 04-29-2008 at 11:13 PM.

i have seen reports on every local news station here in the l.a. area, $10,000 is a minor cost for the amount of publicity they have received...very smart, gv!

Exclamation Re: Missing Pig Parts Found

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    You realize that the lack of atmospheric pressure causes any inflated malleable object to expand until exploding upon hitting the stratosphere right? I though we all learned this in 3rd grade.