Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 08: Proving We're Pathetic Lightshow Monkeys

Default Coachella 08: Proving We're Pathetic Lightshow Monkeys

All you people talking about Roger Waters as having been a good performance have no respect for the actual music. That was an absolutely terrible, blasphemous recreation of some of the most beautiful music ever. It was just a bunch of fireballs and bright lights and a fucking sing-along.

We bailed after Eclipse and hauled our tripping asses to Justice and had Goldenvoice perform the best lightshow (with the spotlights, of course) I've ever seen. That set saved Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Default Re: Coachella 08: Proving We're Pathetic Lightshow Monkeys

I thought they sounded amazing. How could you leave during Eclipse?!
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

They sounded horrible. Jesus Christ, I was on so much acid ANYTHING would have sounded good to me and even I could hear the complete inability of Waters OR the Gilmour replacement's ability to sing, and neither could play their fucking instruments either. Anything you heard that sounded like actual Pink Floyd was the drumming or the prerecorded audio tracks. There was no "music" being played on that stage.

see kids? don't do drugs. they make you crazy.

Whatever motherfucker, I was up there and there were no vocals to speak of and no guitar playing even remotely close to what was trying to be imitated. Waters just looked sad up there extending his arms out, making his big pleas for applause for doing a piss-poor re-enactment of music he wrote a long time ago. All there was was a bunch of smoke and flamethrowers and horseshit distractions to draw your attention way from how lame the actual music was.

im torn on this...this is why:

i saw youtube vids of exactly what randy is talking about: just watching sober from a musical perspective, i thought it sucked. i know youtubes arent always a good representation of a show, so ill take that into account, but it didnt sound that great to me.

that said, i thought they sounded amazing last night. granted, i was pretty fucked up, but it was mostly happy mdma shit related. i can see maybe tripppin on acid how you can trip on weird shit like that, but i thought it was a great performance. the one of th best parts was seeing that chick doing guitar solos on her violin. damn, it took me a while to figure that out, but once i did, my mind got blown even a little more than it was before that. all around, the show was epic though. and i thought it was great, but i still agree it proves we are light show monkeys. give me a pig and a prism refracting light at me, and im happy.

fuck...362 days left?
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    see kids? don't do drugs. they make you crazy.
    best.reply.ever.

and i thought it sounded great, but maybe it was the 2 hits of x i took

The murder capital where we murder for capital

That performance and sound blew away the same show I saw 1.5 years ago and that was great in itself. Honestly, from where I was standing, the entire show made me feel like I was right there and Roger is the master at orchestration. Way off base on this one Randy. Sunset My Morning Jacket into Dark Side = best trip ever.............game over. I was with two audio junkies who have are sound and recording people that couldn't stop talking about how good it was.

You are however entitled to your opinion and if your trip took you to Justice, more power to you, I saw a great one put on an absolutely amazing show.

I was sober, and it sounded stunning to me. Not just the performance itself, but the sound quality was the best I've ever heard at Coachella.

It also converted a couple of my non-Floyd fan friends. So there. Nanny nanny boo boo.

i think the main stage always has pretty epic sound. they have that shit dialed in...obviously there will always be glitches in something as big as this, but in general, every act ive seen at the main stage the last couple years has sounded amazing.

Randy...Why do you continually insist upon me calling you an idiot?
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I told you so.

That surround sound was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    YES! i was just to the right of the soundboard, so i had those rear speakers right behind us, and those sound clips coming from behind were pretty awesome. when the first one happened, it sounded like a big sonic boom from overhead, and i thought a jet flew over or something, but then as it kept happening, i realized it was coming from the back speakers.

randy......my god, you are so stupid. you sit here, for MONTHS, giving shit to anyone who talks of the slightest interest in skipping roger waters for someone else, and then you come on here, not even 24 hours after he's played, to say to went to see JUSTICE??????????????????

YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON, AND I WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN YOU SO I COULD HAVE SLAPPED YOU FOR BEING SO FUCKING STUPID.

..................by the way, i didn't see roger waters.
    RESPEK

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    We bailed after Eclipse and hauled our tripping asses to Justice and had Goldenvoice perform the best lightshow (with the spotlights, of course) I've ever seen. That set saved Sunday.
    How about when the bright lights lit them from behind and put their shadows on the ceiling? Holy fucking shit.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

randy, usually I respect your opinion, but I think you've gotta just trust here that it was just your intoxicated perspetive on waters' show.

it was, both aurally and visually, just about flawless.

not trying to pick a fight, just saying, man. I'm as much of a hard-nosed prick about talent and musical intergrity as anyone on here, maybe more, but dude.
    you're really just plain wrong this time.
    I'm really sorry you missed out.
    try NOT being fucked out of your skull next time.

Was he lip singing?

Ciara Christine

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    i agree.

Roger Waters bad? I saw about 6 songs, and had to kick it to get a great place for Justice...that sucked....but Justice were fuckin unreal, and worth all the crushing at the very front...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I dont know that surround sound was great
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

They sounded horrible. Jesus Christ, I was on so much acid ANYTHING would have sounded good to me
    Some say that using lotsa drugs enhances ones personality.
    If you start out as an asshole like Randy, after consuming large amounts of drugs you become a bigger asshole .... like Randy.

All you people talking about Roger Waters as having been a good performance have no respect for the actual music. That was an absolutely terrible, blasphemous recreation of some of the most beautiful music ever. It was just a bunch of fireballs and bright lights and a fucking sing-along.

I must be an ass though. Sorry, I have no respect for actual music. What is wrong for praising a great stage, props and lighting? It seems like you dismiss this as if were nothing. Man, if you really thought Justice was better than waters.. you really have your head up your ass.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Whatever motherfucker, I was up there and there were no vocals to speak of and no guitar playing even remotely close to what was trying to be imitated. Waters just looked sad up there extending his arms out, making his big pleas for applause for doing a piss-poor re-enactment of music he wrote a long time ago. All there was was a bunch of smoke and flamethrowers and horseshit distractions to draw your attention way from how lame the actual music was.
    you are absolutely fucking crazy. you have no idea what you missed. that was the best sounding show i have ever heard at coachella.

if you take enough acid, your hearing is going to get distorted.

justice was fun, but come on, they're just djs. nothing groundbreaking about them. not hating, because I went to both Waters and Justice and had a great time, partied my ass off. but saying Justice was better than Waters is just about the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Waters did have pretty distractions... (that 'wow, i'm on drugs really hard face' everyone was looking around with)... the pig and plane was cool... but so would anywhere else be if I was on the acid and molly I ate for this too... for all those people on your X that made you find it so wonderful, any fucking music is wonderful when you're rolling... that guitarist and his stupid facial expressions. they were hilarious and I still had a great trip but definitely do not regret leaving early to catch Justice's entire set... Justice KILLED Waters' set... Justice played so hard and with those spectacular, beautiful lights to just enhance that complete connection with whatever it is you connect with as an individual on a spiritual level... that was music you could truly FEEL... Roger Waters didn't go anywhere beneath the surface...
    I passed the Sean Penn Acid Test with flying colors!

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I think the random improvised titilating debauchery is the best kind of titilating debauchery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    Hugs and that love shit gets in the way of making people smile.

I thought Roger Waters was pretty fucking good...he's old and has a raspy voice, but I thought the performance was tight.....

how did Justice brainwash so many people? I really like them, but was extremely unimpressed by their set......and I was rolling like crazy, and so in the mood to dance my ass off, but the set never got me going.....I don't know what amazing lights you guys are talking about, but I saw better visuals several times throughout the day in the Sahara
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by Kali27 View Post
    Justice KILLED Waters' set... Justice played so hard and with those spectacular, beautiful lights to just enhance that complete connection with whatever it is you connect with as an individual on a spiritual level... that was music you could truly FEEL... Roger Waters didn't go anywhere beneath the surface...
    The funny part of this statement: if you switch every instance of "Justice" and "Roger Waters", you have my opinion. In case anyone cares, I was stone cold sober (have to do a UA test for work in about a week, plus I feel like I should listen to the music that's being played for what it is, and drugs also fuck with my memory of a show in the long-term, which I don't like).
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Is it possible to say that I loved both Waters' set and Justice's set in a way that makes both sets un-comparable to one another?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    I thought Roger Waters was pretty fucking good...he's old and has a raspy voice, but I thought the performance was tight.....

how did Justice brainwash so many people? I really like them, but was extremely unimpressed by their set......and I was rolling like crazy, and so in the mood to dance my ass off, but the set never got me going.....I don't know what amazing lights you guys are talking about, but I saw better visuals several times throughout the day in the Sahara
    Agreed. 100%.

I was not on drugs for Waters.. and his set was simply mind blowing to me. Justice rehashed their hits over and over and extended that shit until it was dead. Seriously, What crazy light show was there for Justice? I must have missed. It wasn't even moving heads.. Some Scanners and some Par Cans. It reminds me of like the light show at The Whiskey A Go Go.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff