Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kraftwerk!!!

Coachella Junkie

Default Kraftwerk!!!

Amazing set. One of the best i've ever seen in my life.

set list:

1) kling klang/vocodor intro
    2) Man Machine
    3) Planet of Visions
    4) Numbers
    5) Computerworld
    6) Tour De France
    7) Vitamin
    8) Autobahn
    9) Computer Love
    10) Showroom Dummies
    11) Radioactivity
    12) Trans Europe Express
    13) Metal on Metal
    14) The Robots
    15) Boing Boom Schak/Music Non Stop

alot was mixed differently, different visuals, and a great setlist given the amount of time they had. Was hoping for Neon Lights and Pocket Calculator, but we got computer love!!! Them to Portishead to Prince was simply amazing.

Default Re: Kraftwerk!!!

They kicked my head in, I know that. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

My favorite part of the Kraftwerk set was seeing all the little kids scratching their heads, wondering what was going on. Some left early. But those who stayed and finally "got it" realized why Kraftwerk is so amazing.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Thanks for the set list !
    Pretty fun and interesting, I was so glad I caught it, not knowing to much about them. The Radioactivity was chilling, and the Numbers with the people/money was as well.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Todfilm View Post
    My favorite part of the Kraftwerk set was seeing all the little kids scratching their heads, wondering what was going on. Some left early. But those who stayed and finally "got it" realized why Kraftwerk is so amazing.
    you're a part of that advanced, superior breed, aren't you?

I envy your intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Amazing set. One of the best i've ever seen in my life...
    Them to Portishead to Prince was simply amazing.

I totally agree with you. That was like a religious experience. Kraftwerk totally blew my mind. It was amazing and it was just non stop onward until the end of the night. The mainstage last night from Kraftwerk to Portishead to Prince totally surpassed my already very high expecations. Its pretty safe to say that was the best concert of my life so far.

Back in the day kraftwerk was blasting in my boom box as I used to break dance. But I wAAAAAAY underestimated how good they would be live. I just that yea nostalgia, kool, they will be interesting. But whoa they were great!!!! I was popping and locking in the crowd! Sat nite main stage was clearly the right choice.
    Stay Classy!

I am not 100% sure, but this may have been my favorite performance.
    For your health

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but this may have been my favorite performance.
    This and Aphex are tied as my favorites.

Followed by Portishead, Pendulum, Prince, and Roger Waters.

Someone asked "who the hell is this? This isn't Portishead" and I as like wow thanks for wasting space. I knew all of there songs and I think it suprised a lot of people when a teenager knew more lyrics than them. I was so happy they played Autobahn, radioactivity and man machine. The robots in german is better but it was all good.

I don't know about being best performance of the weekend, but it was in fact a perfect performance. Wonderful set.

Speaking about people scatching their heads, I think Coachella may need some type of wailing wall for people to walk around as they talk on the phone. I counted so may people plugging their ear with their finger so they could talk to people during Kraftwerk, Portishead, Prince, and Roger Waters.

People need to work on their attention span.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I looked over so many shoulders at set times that had Rilo Kiley, Portishead, and Prince highlighted. Kraftwerk were everything I wanted, I fucking loved their set.

Seriously, Saturday night was brilliant. Kraftwerk started things off on a high note and it just progressively got better for the main stage. With Portishead and then Prince

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

I loved them!!!! made me so happy to see them live!

Here are some Kraftwerk videos, I was right in front

I have more...

Showroom Dummies was so fucking leftfield for me, I'm so so so so happy they decided to play it as its one of my favorites and it's not one of their "mainstay" tunes.

Robots use to be the shit in clubs. No one knew who the fuck they were. It was like looking at home movies of their career.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I had no expectations for Kraftwerk and enjoyed the show. The visual and sound worked well together and kept me interested. Plus - they got the crowd to cheer for ROBOTS. i'm glad I skipped Rilo Kiley to see them.

ahhh thanks for the setlist.

they made my heart all happy.

the only reason i saw a few of kraftwerk's set was to get a good spot for portishead and prince. kraftwerk has got to be the gayest "band" i've ever seen. it takes no talent whatsover to press buttons on a computer. i'm doing it right now. should i be on mainstage next year? please.........they're weird as hell and i absolutely hated having to sit through that crap.
    RESPEK

I LOVED Kraftwerks set... they were great! I had only heard a few studio mp3s before, and wasnt that into them, but that live show blew me away, and I wanna check out all their stuff now... I bought one of their shirts, and keep singing every 10min, Machine, Machine, Machine, Machine, Machine, Machine, Machine......
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

my friends and i spent most of their set looking for each other. i only saw radioactivity and on but yea, it was pretty amazing. saw them in 2004 and this year blew that one away

Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    the only reason i saw a few of kraftwerk's set was to get a good spot for portishead and prince. kraftwerk has got to be the gayest "band" i've ever seen. it takes no talent whatsover to press buttons on a computer. i'm doing it right now. should i be on mainstage next year? please.........they're weird as hell and i absolutely hated having to sit through that crap.
    Wow, you are a fucking idiot.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Way to embarrass yourself as a complete fucking troglodyte.

Without Kraftwerk you wouldn't have been listening to Portishead, or any of the other undoubtedly shitty bands you're into, mongrel. Please don't come back in 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    Way to embarrass yourself as a complete fucking troglodyte.

Without Kraftwerk you wouldn't have been listening to Portishead, or any of the other undoubtedly shitty bands you're into, mongrel.
    i love when people defend a band by claiming that a band a person likes wouldn't be around without the band they're defending. it's the easiest way to prove nothing.....
    RESPEK

i love when people defend a band by claiming that a band a person likes wouldn't be around without the band they're defending. it's the easiest way to prove nothing.....
    I love when people say that they love things that really irritate them, as if they're ambivalent about the whole situation. Problem is the situation exists because they have shit for brains and a leaky faucet for a mouth.

Go back to bed.

ok. how about just saying you have only somewhat good taste in music?

First of all, shut the fuck up.

Second...

I had never seen Kraftwerk before but I was very happy to be able to see them this year. I really loved the way they opened, it was just like, well no introduction or anything like that, it was just... There they are, lets play some music, with a giant red screen that kinda hit me outa nowhere. I loved Man-Machine, the vocoders were very strong and powerful in my opinion. It was a very cool experience, a once in a lifetime thing I'm sure, I'm glad I was there to see the reason why most of the bands I saw this weekend even exist.
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

08/09 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    08/12 - Sigur Ros
    08/24 - Shlohmo
    09/01 - FYF Fest
    09/11 - Swans
    10/06 - Mono
    10/13 - The XX

Dude, they are gods

They were one of the original techno bands in the world, mid 1970's era, when they origianlly played, people thought there computers were so advanced that they could take over they world. They don't need to jam to get the crowd going, they just stand there and the visuals, sound effects, robots, and suits are what is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    ok. how about just saying you have only somewhat good taste in music?
    or how about just say he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. For starters they didn't just have lap tops.
    The White Stripes 9/18