Thread: getting out of the parking lot Sat night

Default getting out of the parking lot Sat night

Whoever is in charge of the parking situation is seriously incompetent. There was only one fucking exit for lot 3 last night (Sat night)!! I sat in one spot for an hour before a group of cars and myself were able to make an illegal exit out the opposite corner. My friends were parked in lot 2 and had no problems getting out whatsoever. WTF??!! Given that there are thousands of cars trying to leave at the same time, there should be several exits from every lot. I'm leaving before the headliner from now on...discovering the new up and coming bands is enough for me.

Default Re: getting out of the parking lot Sat night

Forget the parking lot! It took forever to get through the gate to leave Coachella to get to the cars and/or camping grounds! They need to plan for MORE exit gates - at least for emergency planning, or something. And they didn't wet the ground & it was so dusty. I am still coughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

bandana, my friend, a bandana is the best investment you can make for those long dusty walks. and it will come in handy next weekend, yee-haw!
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-27-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    bandana, my friend, a bandana is the best investment you can make for those long dusty walks. and it will come in handy next weekend, yee-haw!
    oh yeah....Yee Haw! And seats too!
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

We left after aphex twin and swell season friday, and leaving was not an issue at all. We left EARLY for Prince, and it took us about a half hour to get out, and we considered ourselves lucky (thanks again for the ride captncrzy!).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!! i seriously just registered so that i could reply i felt that strongly about the mess that was lot 3 on saturday. we sat in our car for a little less than 2 hours IN the parking lot!! everyone kept cutting each other to get out since there was one road. i think im writing a letter to goldenvoice thats how pissed i was about it. and ive been to concerts/sports games/large events before but ive never seen anything as disorganized as that. the part that made me the most mad was seeing the cops at the verrrrrry end of all of the mess standing around doing absolutely nothing.

and why hasnt anyone had the idea to put up different colored or numbered flags around the lot so people dont have to walk for hours to find their cars? we didnt have much trouble but during the end of our 2 hour wait there were still people miserably walking around trying to find where they parked.

i LOVE coachella and sat. was awesome, but come on...that was rediculous.

there were emergency exits ya the whole parking this was horrible tho .. i didnt have any problem exting the venue friday i exited threw the campground exit/enterance quick... sat i exited threw the main enterance didnt take me long to get out .. but i do hate the fact that no one on the parking staff knows shit! i was camping and i had a camping lot placard and i had left the venue early in the day and when i come back they made me park! way in the back next to the fucking RV's! . long as fucking walk back inside! and well i ask the parking guys at night if my car was gonna be towed and they all kept telling me idk .. and then 1 dude told me that i was good that they dnt usually tow cars .. those guys are morons ... ya they didnt tow my car ..
    I Wanna Drive Into The Sunset

Coachella 2007
    Coachella 2008
    Coachella 2009
    Coachella 2010
    The Big 4 2011
    Coachella 2012 ( I WONT FUCKING MISS IT! )

More like friday night for me!
    I forgot which lot we were in but it was backed up for two hours.

I ended up just crawling in the truck bed and taking a nap.

Strange, I just rode my bike right out...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Lot 3 was stalled for nearly an hour, before we were able to get out. The problem is there are no signs that point to the proper exit, and it's hard to see from one corner of that lot to another because there are cars blocking the view, and not much lighting. We came in one way and had to leave another, but we didn't know that. getting out of lot 6 the next two nights was a breeze.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

i sat around lot five until two in the morning waiting for my friend

i lost him during prince, haha.

it was fine up until some girl hit my car when i was getting gas, she was totally apologizing but i was so tired i didnt even care i told her not to worry

This was the first year that parking wasn't an issue for my group. The past four years we've spent at least 1-2 hours each night trying to exit. This year we got out in 5 mins or less each night.

lmao, I camped, but I still caught a lot of the traffic mayhem. I thought traffic moved pretty fucking quickly myself.

One hour?

Try 3 fucking hours idling across SOMEBODY'S GODDAMN LAWN in '06 after Tool.

the only clusterfuck of coachella every year seems to be parking and exiting.

we were told to park in three different places on friday (we came in an RV). and then finally we were told to go to "overnight parking" (huh?) in lot 5.

getting out is also a nightmare. usually they let us go the "wrong way" on the converted one way street (because we're at lake cahuilla) and saturday night the police officer directing traffic got so tired of us arguing that she said "fine, do whatever you want."

we nicknamed her officer britney for whatever reason.

Our biggest snag was getting IN on Friday. We rolled in around 2PM and traffic was crawling on Monroe starting before Ave. 48. It took at least half an hour to go those 4 blocks.

But Saturday and Sunday were a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by swankgd View Post
    Our biggest snag was getting IN on Friday. We rolled in around 2PM and traffic was crawling on Monroe starting before Ave. 48. It took at least half an hour to go those 4 blocks.

But Saturday and Sunday were a breeze.
    Oh that was brutal, thought my truck was going to overheat.

Took Washington off the I10 to AVE 52 ever since that day

well, i'm sorry to hear everyone had a hard time, but i for one would like to commend coachella for IMPROVING the situation this year. it sounds like they still have some way to go, but having gone to coachella since 2004, we got out of the parking lot far quicker than any other year (lot 5 and i think lot 4?), and we stayed very late. it also wasn't nearly as bad getting out of the venue, but i think it's only better since they opened two gates. back in my day, they only had one gate open and it was awful. even then, it still bottlenecks pretty badly, and i fail to see why they thought it was a good idea to make a separate, fenced-off area with the "clocktower" this year. seemed like a opportunity for more bottlenecking.

Crazy parking lot!