Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphex Twin

Default Re: Aphex Twin

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldj View Post
    I posted the set to www.dogsonacid.com which is one of the biggest international Drum & Bass forums. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a near complete tracklist within the next 72 hours

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread...571285&cache=3
    I'm upping it do DIME shortly. Could you let them know FLACs will be available there today? I'll amend the posting when there is a complete setlist.

Actually, they won't take it without a tracklisting, and I don't want to split it up without knowing exactly when the song changes are. Any chance you could ask the folks at the forum you posted it to to give me track names and approximate times (from the start) that each change takes place?

Thanks.
    Last edited by micktravis; 04-30-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by micktravis View Post
    I'm upping it do DIME shortly. Could you let them know FLACs will be available there today? I'll amend the posting when there is a complete setlist.

Actually, they won't take it without a tracklisting, and I don't want to split it up without knowing exactly when the song changes are. Any chance you could ask the folks at the forum you posted it to to give me track names and approximate times (from the start) that each change takes place?

Thanks.
    It's being worked on, getting a few ids actually.

So far...

02:20 - 04:02 Public Enemy - Welcome To The Terrordome
    04:02 Run DMC - Beats To The Rhyme
    21:15 - 23:53 Gregor Tresher - A Thousand Nights
    39:26 - 41:19 Unknown - Drop Suey (System Of a Down Bootleg Remix)
    41:18 - 42:50 Noisia & Mayhem - Exodus
    42:50 - 45.45 Dub-One - Volcon - (Xtinction Agenda)
    45:15 - 47:26 Vertigo - The Drained
    48:23 Current Value - ?
    50:51 Current Value - ?

Pendulum rocked it.

Diplo was good, MIA is an ugly whore who throws tantrums during her sets, NOT COOL.

Aphex Twin was a epic failure. 4 people in animal costumes, come on?!
    Last edited by BlackSteve0; 04-30-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: expanding
    '07 '08 and beyond...

I posted the set to www.dogsonacid.com which is one of the biggest international Drum & Bass forums. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a near complete tracklist within the next 72 hours

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread...571285&cache=3
    Donaldj, I've thanked Micktravis publicly in another thread, and obviously now additional thanks is due for your post on DogsOnAcid.com.

So, thank you to an infinite degree for allowing more people to get a better idea of what really adventurous, hardheaded electronic music sounds like.

I sincerely feel like you & Mick made my month by both recording and making AFX's awesome set available.

To you both!

Quote Originally Posted by I Hand You Your Head View Post
    Donaldj, I've thanked Micktravis publicly in another thread, and obviously now additional thanks is due for your post on DogsOnAcid.com.

So, thank you to an infinite degree for allowing more people to get a better idea of what really adventurous, hardheaded electronic music sounds like.

I sincerely feel like you & Mick made my month by both recording and making AFX's awesome set available.

To you both!
    Thanks, but no worries, I wanted to know what a few of the tracks were myself especially that bootleg Drop Suey track which had a huge response when Richard dropped it. I actually bought it today too..lol

Most DJs like few things better than being able to take a mix of unknown tracks and start iding them so I still have faith we will get more track ids as the days pass. Richard actually played one of DOA's regular poster's tracks, talk about awesome for him.

The beginning of the set didn't grab me, so I wandered away. Listening to the recordings I wish I'd wandered back for the second half, sounds like it got much better.

Thanks, but no worries, I wanted to know what a few of the tracks were myself especially that bootleg Drop Suey track which had a huge response when Richard dropped it. I actually bought it today too..lol

Most DJs like few things better than being able to take a mix of unknown tracks and start iding them so I still have faith we will get more track ids as the days pass. Richard actually played one of DOA's regular poster's tracks, talk about awesome for him.
    And thanks from me. I should add that I'm not a huge Aphex fan, but thought it would be an interesting and challenging thing to record. As a bonus, I was blown away by the set, in particular after listening to it quite a bit to tweak the audio. I disagree that any part of it was boring, but again I had few expectations except that it would be adventurous, which it definitely was.

Back from work, getting the Dime seed sorted.

EDIT:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=194787

EDIT AGAIN: Banned from Dime. Oh well. I'll figure something out.
    Last edited by micktravis; 05-01-2008 at 05:13 AM.

i came in for the last 20 minutes and i thoroughly enjoyed it. i heard that he played far less abrasive material early on, so i'm glad i entered when i did.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

around the 33 minute mark is
    Fracture & Neptune - Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by micktravis View Post
    And thanks from me. I should add that I'm not a huge Aphex fan, but thought it would be an interesting and challenging thing to record. As a bonus, I was blown away by the set, in particular after listening to it quite a bit to tweak the audio. I disagree that any part of it was boring, but again I had few expectations except that it would be adventurous, which it definitely was.

Back from work, getting the Dime seed sorted.

EDIT:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=194787

EDIT AGAIN: Banned from Dime. Oh well. I'll figure something out.
    What about demonoid? I think I have an invite, PM me

It almost seemed to me that Aphex was more or less making fun of the general mid-day dance music that goes on at coachella and then slowly worked up to how he works as an artist...the more I contemplate his set, the more I think it was sheer brilliance. Really one of the most mysterious people in electronic music ever.

there was no hidden agenda behind the stuff early in the set. he really likes that stuff i can see why. its good.

the mystery is a front. its just a character.

Quote Originally Posted by goatparade View Post
    It almost seemed to me that Aphex was more or less making fun of the general mid-day dance music that goes on at coachella and then slowly worked up to how he works as an artist...the more I contemplate his set, the more I think it was sheer brilliance. Really one of the most mysterious people in electronic music ever.
    have you heard selected ambient works?

The only reason me and 2 other people went to coachella this year from hawaii is because of aphex.
    the first half i was getting worried, but when this happened i was satisfied.

you can hear me say "thank god" 12 seconds in
    Last edited by trentmorrison; 05-04-2008 at 03:12 AM.
    ]
    sitting through a Jack Johnson headliner with special guests counting crows, ben harper, and dave matthews with a midget sitting on my lap ....a retarded midget with drool driping down my leg as he claps to the curious george song as i hold his lolly pop, while MIA's dj blasts horn noises in my right ear while staring at a 3rd addition of the tesla coils while the group of guys with g strings fart in my left ear > Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteve0 View Post

Aphex Twin was a epic failure. 4 people in animal costumes, come on?!
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=6145200
    ]
    sitting through a Jack Johnson headliner with special guests counting crows, ben harper, and dave matthews with a midget sitting on my lap ....a retarded midget with drool driping down my leg as he claps to the curious george song as i hold his lolly pop, while MIA's dj blasts horn noises in my right ear while staring at a 3rd addition of the tesla coils while the group of guys with g strings fart in my left ear > Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by jorona79 View Post
    Aphex was terrible - their set sounded like random, uniteresting noise. I was very disappointed with their performance.
    greatest ever stereotype of a stranger to aphex

usage of the word "their" cause you see its aphex TWIN so obviously its 2 people

another person said he left to get beer? sounds like an obnoxious nickleback fan.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by fake_plastic View Post
    See, this is exactly why Aphex Twin hardly ever plays live here in the U.S. Because of s***heads who just want to hear album tracks. I mean, sure it's nice to hear album songs and stuff, but Aphex is a DJ who does live MIXES of whatever he feels like doing.
    I really hope he doesn't play live here in America again because a lot of fans aren't deserving of seeing him live cuz here's most of your attitudes: OMGZ H3 DYDNT PLAI I WANT UR SOUL WUT A J3RK!!!!1111one. AMIRITE? I am dead right. Just watch the show and soak up the music, regardless of whether your "favorite" song is played.

its not fans, real fans get it.
    its ignorant people that don't know about aphex.
    i totally expected him not to play anything from any of his albums.
    me sporting my aphex shirt. i know its dumb to wear a shirt of a band your gonna see, but aphex is different
    ]

Update

02:20 - 04:02 Public Enemy - Welcome To The Terrordome
    04:02 - Run DMC - Beats To The Rhyme
    07:01 - 09:16 Strafe - Set it off
    16:47 - 18:03 LFO - Track 4
    21:15 - 23:53 Gregor Tresher - A Thousand Nights
    29:29 - Macc - Think Down
    33: - Fracture & Neptune - Apollo
    36:44 - dgoHn - Elle
    39:26 - 41:19 Unknown - Drop Suey (System Of a Down Bootleg Remix)
    41:18 - 42:50 Noisia & Mayhem - Exodus
    42:50 - 45.45 Dub-One - Volcon - (Xtinction Agenda)
    45:15 - 47:26 Vertigo - The Drained
    48:23 - Limewax - Cat and the hat
    50:51 - Current Value - Fear
    Last edited by Donaldj; 05-04-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Lurker

The first half of the set was brilliant. I don't know why everyone keeps knocking on it.

Coachella Junkie

What happens at 1:11 is what we were all waiting for

The last 15 minutes was some of the most insane shit I have ever heard/seen in my entire life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Agreed.

EDIT: But I will go on record and say that I enjoyed the entirety of his set.
    Last edited by PassiveTheory; 05-04-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Coachella Junkie

Agreed as well.

If there was ever a time in my life when my head came close to literally exploding from just sheer intensity/awesomeness, Richard's last 15 minutes of his coachella show is it.

i've d/l'ed the really excellent bootleg that's circulated already & played it for my roommmates... there's some really annoying dude that keeps screaming "yeah" throughout the set, but my friends pointed out that it does sound a lot like me... i was near the soundbooth, which would be the best plase for a recorder to be, so i think that might really be me. sorry guys, but you're welcome....
    every day, every year

i thought the guy screaming "yeeeeaaaahhh" was some pendulum fanboy surprised by the aphex's drill and bass attack and loving it.

it's funny though.

anyone have a photo of RDJ giving the thumbs up at Coachella? that was a great moment...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Agreed as well.

If there was ever a time in my life when my head came close to literally exploding from just sheer intensity/awesomeness, Richard's last 15 minutes of his coachella show is it.
    omg i agree....after that set me and my friends just laid in front of the cubatron light thing saying "omg wtf just happened."

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    anyone have a photo of RDJ giving the thumbs up at Coachella? that was a great moment...

awesome.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields