Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Are these fraudulent?

  1. #1

    Default Are these fraudulent?

    Hey everyone,

    I plan on meeting a guy who contacted me through Craigslist in about an hour to buy a pair of Coachella tickets for $700 (total). I spoke with him on the phone and he seems very earnest about selling them at face value.

    I REALLY need to know if these tickets are legitimate. Does anyone have physical tickets to the festival yet? What are some indicators that these tickets are real?

    Please let me know as soon as possible, because this is a very time-sensitive purchase.

    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Lurker Little Man in the Boat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in my hood
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Snatch those things up, dude. If they're tickets and they say Coachella on them you're golden.

  3. #3
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?


  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by henshimi View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I plan on meeting a guy who contacted me through Craigslist in about an hour to buy a pair of Coachella tickets for $700 (total). I spoke with him on the phone and he seems very earnest about selling them at face value.

    I REALLY need to know if these tickets are legitimate. Does anyone have physical tickets to the festival yet? What are some indicators that these tickets are real?

    Please let me know as soon as possible, because this is a very time-sensitive purchase.

    Thanks!!
    http://www.coachella.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  5. #5
    old school zimmy1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,680

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    didn't the board crash around this time?? op might have fucked themselves.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    I sure hope the OP decided to read the many threads that there are no "tickets" this year...but I highly doubt it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,414

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Buy the tickets and then jump off a cliff please!

  8. #8
    Triple Whore TheScenestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by henshimi View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I plan on meeting a guy who contacted me through Craigslist in about an hour to buy a pair of Coachella tickets for $700 (total). I spoke with him on the phone and he seems very earnest about selling them at face value.

    I REALLY need to know if these tickets are legitimate. Does anyone have physical tickets to the festival yet? What are some indicators that these tickets are real?

    Please let me know as soon as possible, because this is a very time-sensitive purchase.

    Thanks!!
    http://www.thescenestar.com

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

  9. #9
    Member bottomfeeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sea of Tranquility
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by henshimi View Post
    FUCK COACHELA. FUCK PAUL T. FUCK GOLDENVOICE. FUCK SCALPERS.
    karma, baby.

  10. #10
    Triple Whore TheScenestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    karma, baby.
    He more than "snoozed" now....
    http://www.thescenestar.com

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Right this moment there is one 3 day pass on stubhub for $400. Hope you get it.

    Edit: Gone.
    Last edited by mmsk123; 02-02-2011 at 08:28 PM.

  12. #12
    Member mlant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Even if you are naive, you deserve to know the truth.

    There are no paper tickets. Wristbands only.
    And these will not be mailed out until about 3 weeks before the festival.

    Anyone claiming to have tickets/wristbands/anything before then is a liar and a thief.

    You have been warned and good luck.

  13. #13
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    karma, baby.
    LOL

  14. #14

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mlant View Post
    Even if you are naive, you deserve to know the truth.

    There are no paper tickets. Wristbands only.
    And these will not be mailed out until about 3 weeks before the festival.

    Anyone claiming to have tickets/wristbands/anything before then is a liar and a thief.

    You have been warned and good luck.
    Have car camping tickets been sent out yet? Is there a Will CAll this year for Car camping. On the FAQ it says to be announced but does anyone have any info now?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by superkindskunk View Post
    Have car camping tickets been sent out yet? Is there a Will CAll this year for Car camping. On the FAQ it says to be announced but does anyone have any info now?
    What this guy said....

  16. #16

    Talking Re: Are these fraudulent?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    hahahahaha your first funny post, congrats man hahahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •