Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way to go GV.... the scalpers have won

Default Way to go GV.... the scalpers have won

Because you're still whoring yourselves out to ticketmaster who didn't protect their system from scalpers you're going to have a bunch of broke people at your festival... who won't be able to buy your overpriced food, your merch or your $10 water bottles.

Yes, the scalpers have won. People are now shelling out thousands of dollars for tickets. That's money you could have had Goldenvoice but no, you had to let people buy 6 tickets per credit card. 6!

A lot of people have 2 maybe 3 credit cards. A good scalper has 8 to 12, all registered to different addresses or PO boxes. That means there's people out there with 50 plus tickets controlling the market and driving up prices. Yes you've transfered the risk and made a cool $20 million but you're screwing yourselves in the long run.

Don't assume I'm someone who missed out and is bitter. I'm one of the lucky ones that have tickets. Unfortunately most of my friends are not. I'm sure there's a lot of people in the same boat as me this year who are suddenly less enthused about Coachella because they won't be able to experience it with their friends.

It looks like Coachella sold out this year and I don't mean the tickets.

Default Re: Way to go GV.... the scalpers have won

O RLY?

maybe you should present them with a way to sell 50,000-60,000 thickets without using ticketmaster. you have one hour

please include flow charts and show your work.

thx

You do realize you sound like an idiot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by motherofmothera View Post
    Because you're still whoring yourselves out to ticketmaster who didn't protect their system from scalpers you're going to have a bunch of broke people at your festival... who won't be able to buy your overpriced food, your merch or your $10 water bottles.

Yes, the scalpers have won. People are now shelling out thousands of dollars for tickets. That's money you could have had Goldenvoice but no, you had to let people buy 6 tickets per credit card. 6!

A lot of people have 2 maybe 3 credit cards. A good scalper has 8 to 12, all registered to different addresses or PO boxes. That means there's people out there with 50 plus tickets controlling the market and driving up prices. Yes you've transfered the risk and made a cool $20 million but you're screwing yourselves in the long run.

Don't assume I'm someone who missed out and is bitter. I'm one of the lucky ones that have tickets. Unfortunately most of my friends are not. I'm sure there's a lot of people in the same boat as me this year who are suddenly less enthused about Coachella because they won't be able to experience it with their friends.

It looks like Coachella sold out this year and I don't mean the tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Principal Onyx Blackman wins for best alias.

Your new-student eyes immediately graze over the firm young flanks of our females. And I won't have it! Capiche, amigo? There's nothing I'd like better than to put you new students back on the boat to where you came from. Comprend-zay vous?

As much as I hate paying over face for tickets, you're wrong.

Right now the action is on ebay and stubhub. Brokers don't use those sites too much because of the fees. They use event inventory or ticket network. If you go there right now, you won't use many tickets.

The tickets you see are regular coachella fans posting their extras.

Of course, in time, those people will post their tickets their. And yes, perhaps the brokers are holding onto them, but not like you probably think so.

Totally. Because no one has tickets, only the scalpers do. I guess that makes me a scalper because I have a ticket. And to think I was actually going to attend the festival when I could sell it for so much?
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by icnaxx View Post
    As much as I hate paying over face for tickets, you're wrong.

Right now the action is on ebay and stubhub. Brokers don't use those sites too much because of the fees. They use event inventory or ticket network. If you go there right now, you won't use many tickets.

The tickets you see are regular coachella fans posting their extras.

Of course, in time, those people will post their tickets their. And yes, perhaps the brokers are holding onto them, but not like you probably think so.
    There's people on those sites selling 15-20 tickets a piece. That doesn't sound like regular coachella fans.

There's people on those sites selling 15-20 tickets a piece. That doesn't sound like regular coachella fans.
    the major brokers don't use stubhub because of the fees.

those are the small players with little buying power.

at least thats my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    maybe you should present them with a way to sell 50,000-60,000 thickets without using ticketmaster. you have one hour

please include flow charts and show your work.

thx
    challenge accepted.

Banned

Are you buying your water from scalpers?

Coachella does not have to use ticketmaster! There are other ticketing companies out there... Ticketmaster just has a monopoly on most events here. sad but true
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

If you people had enough fucking awareness to buy tickets on time in the first place, you'd probably have enough left over to not post bullshit like this, so it's not even worth trying to trying to stop from spreading.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

Actually Coachella won too. They got all their money from the 75000 tickets. But seriously, this is always how it is with coachella tickets. It was like that last year, there was a lot on ebay. There always is for any show.

People need to get this idea of scalpers completely taking over out of their head. It is a popular festival, and as I said in a previous post, dont underestimate the buying power of mexicans. I mean the crowd for Cafe Tacuba is always pretty big when they play just add a reunion element to it. Eh maybe that doesnt make sense but in my stoned mind it does.

Scalpers are not to blame. Maybe for camping, but in the opposite direction that what is believed on here.

If scalpers had all the tickets there would be a lot more tickets on the sites mentioned above. Actually it is rather amazing how few tickets are on the sites when there was 75k tickets sold. Go to any other show even in smaller venues and you have more tickets listed. Personally Coachella has out grown itself. I think we all know buy the first day tickets go onsale next year. And in 2011, you bet scalpers will be looking to buy Coachella since it looked like a lot of them had no clue it would sell out so quickly.

via stubhub.

womp womp womp womp womp womp womp womp

Holy crap. 59 tickets total. There it is ladies and gentlemen. The reason Coachella sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by somahead View Post
    Holy crap. 59 tickets total. There it is ladies and gentlemen. The reason Coachella sold out.
    Did I say the reason was the amount of tickets? Cmon, $10k for ONE ticket? And somehow they have 25? Sorry but that sounds like a scalper to me..

Obviously its a scalper. They have been around for quite awhile now. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by runaway_dreamer View Post
    via stubhub.

who would EVER pay $10k for a ticket?

Nobody would. Scalper just trying to get lucky with a few VIP tickets. Same group of people probably trying to sell the $7,500 tickets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by runaway_dreamer View Post
    via stubhub.

This straight up proves the six tickets per person/credit card rule from ticketmaster doesn't do shit stopping the scalpers. And it's like this on every ticket resale site. These are only the tickets that scalpers are selling now. They're limiting supply to increase demand.

This problem is systemic. The same thing happened with the BCS national title game this year. When sellers like ticketmaster can't manage their transactions scalpers control the market.

So you can feign ignorance and pretend that it's other people's fault for not buying tickets within a week of them going on sale but the truth is Coachella just got worked over by the scalpers.
    Last edited by motherofmothera; 01-26-2011 at 11:53 PM.

I blame the Mexican scalpers
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

There really aren't that many Mexican scalpers so a sudden influx of their ilk could explain the record setting pace of this year's sellout.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

it's a batch purchase. it's 10k for 25 tickets.

I really do think it's insane that THAT kind of scalping goes on without challenge

Picture 4.jpg

why. why?? what the fuck is the point of the "kthxbye" part? what a dickhead thing to say. a bit of professionalism would have been better.

I love coachella, but I will say that i fucking cannot stand the pretentiousness. It's almost as if they are laughing at us. are they only trying to include people who are "diehard fans" of the festival?? i've been going for 5 years and had to wait an extra week so i can have the funds ready to pay for it. now i have to settle for hippies at outside lands. A little bit of an official warning from GV would have been nice. maybe even for them i can't prove it's anyone's fault for the passes selling out so fast. But the ticketmaster thing sounds pretty convincing

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    it's a batch purchase. it's 10k for 25 tickets.

I really do think it's insane that THAT kind of scalping goes on without challenge
    It's not a batch purchase. Those are actual prices per ticket. If it was a batch then 25 VIP tix for $10,000 would be hundreds of dollars under face value. If it was a batch (and it's not) then those VIP tickets are only $400 when they were retailing for way more.

Quote Originally Posted by twilight monkey View Post
    Picture 4.jpg

why. why?? what the fuck is the point of the "kthxbye" part? what a dickhead thing to say. a bit of professionalism would have been better.

I love coachella, but I will say that i fucking cannot stand the pretentiousness. It's almost as if they are laughing at us. are they only trying to include people who are "diehard fans" of the festival?? i've been going for 5 years and had to wait an extra week so i can have the funds ready to pay for it. now i have to settle for hippies at outside lands. A little bit of an official warning from GV would have been nice. maybe even for them i can't prove it's anyone's fault for the passes selling out so fast. But the ticketmaster thing sounds pretty convincing
    yeah, um, LAYAWAY
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by twilight monkey View Post
    Picture 4.jpg

You had many warnings. VIP/Car/Tent camping selling out was one of them. PF saying she'd be surprised if tickets lasted a month was another one. Only passes combined with shuttle trips being available was the last one. I hate to be a dick but don't blame Goldenvoice.

Don't most people have rent due on te 1st of each month? That was my problem this year.. just sayin.