Thread: GV please move a few bands from SAT to SUN

Default GV please move a few bands from SAT to SUN

After looking at the board it seems that many of us have conflicts on FRI and SAT where we are forced to miss several bands we want to see. This is in contrast to SUN where the line up is a tad light. I know that have a lot of "dead space" SUN and am choosing between bands I'm not very excited about until rather late in the day. Then Roger Waters comes on and overlaps with the bands many of us really want to see that day. If a few bands could be moved from SAT to SUN it would go a long way to balance out the daily line ups. Whether it happens or not at least if we speak out Golden Voice gets a better idea of what people think. As it stands, Golden Voice has dropped the ball with some really poor scheduling decisions this year...

Follow up:

I posted this with the idea of talking to other fans who feel a similar frustration about having to chose say between Boys Noize and Cold War Kids on Saturday and have nothing they are excited to see the same time on Sunday. It would be fun to talk about that or something similar. If you are just going to crap on other peoples opinions save your thoughts and don't post.
    Last edited by Mgmt battles mum breeders; 04-22-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Default Re: GV please move a few bands from SAT to SUN

no thank you. it's perfect just how it is.

Your in the minority with that opinion.

I don't think it would be too hard to get a consensus on this board to agree that SUN is a weak lineup and SAT is overloaded.
    Last edited by Mgmt battles mum breeders; 04-22-2008 at 05:25 PM.

At this point asking bands to play on a different day with such late notice would be somewhat unreasonable.
    "I like when good things happen to me, but I wait two weeks to tell anyone because I like to use the word ‘fortnight.’" - D.M.

We already decided that were moving Danny Tenaglia into the Roger Waters spot, and moving Modeselektor, SMD, and Chromeo into Danny's old spot.

Switching Modeselektor and Simian Mobile Disco with Danny Tenaglia is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOfDecember View Post
    At this point asking bands to play on a different day with such late notice would be somewhat unreasonable.
    It's late now but I actually contacted GV about moving a few bands around five or six weeks ago. I could see this coming with the line ups. Following the above idea and moving a couple of DJ's around might not be too hard. They are Simian "Moblie" Disco after all. :P

I really don't see this as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgmt battles mum breeders View Post
    It's late now but I actually contacted GV about moving a few bands around five or six weeks ago. I could see this coming with the line ups. Following the above idea and moving a couple of DJ's around might not be too hard. They are Simian "Moblie" Disco after all. :P
    Worst pun ever.
    Upcoming Shows:
    ???

6x Coachella Attendee (2007 - 2011, 2014a)

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

not a pun, but thanks man

Ridiculous. You think they're just going to throw away the couple hundred thousand programs and start from scratch because you have some Backstreet Boys / Christina Aguilera conflict or something like that? Deal with it. Everyone has conflicts - go to a festival with one stage instead of five if you want to avoid it in the future.

It was a rant genius. From the below post you obviously know how to do that too.

Heimster quote:

"Why the hell don't the set times line up with the timeline on the side with the Coachooser? You had a whole year to fix it and it has the exact same problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Last edited by Mgmt battles mum breeders; 04-22-2008 at 07:03 PM.

lol friday is pretty good for me.. it seems like a lot of people have a conflict with the Roger Waters Vs Simian, Chromeo and Modeselektor.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    lol friday is pretty good for me.. it seems like a lot of people have a conflict with the Roger Waters Vs Simian, Chromeo and Modeselektor.

Hi Instinct,

Yeah that's a big one.