Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright wtf srsly? Waters vs Black Mountain

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Alright wtf srsly? Waters vs Black Mountain

This is really pissing me off. A great young stoner band should either play before or after Waters, not during. Roger should let them join him on stage or some shit, I dunno. This conflict is causing way to much damage to me brain.

Default Re: Alright wtf srsly? Waters vs Black Mountain

Yeah, I was really pissed to see this. Easily the worst conflict for me of the weekend.

Ditto here. I was really looking forward to seeing Black Mountain.

i really wanted to see Siman MObile Disco
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

whiney pain in butt

yeah, i'm more pissed that it's modeselektor,simian,chromeo vs. waters. that sucks. who the fuck is black mountain, lol.. i keed.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    i really wanted to see Siman MObile Disco
    Them too.

Though I am starting to think since Water's set is so long I may ditch out of it after DSOTM is over.

and there's absolutely no reason for the conflict... the mojave closes down 5 minutes after Waters finishes and Justice plays to a silent Coachella??? have Black Mountain START 5 minutes after Waters and run DURING Justice!!!

We should all go throw waters on the Mojave sound boards throughout Sunday to ensure that they're running late all day so that Black Mountain doesn't go on until 11pm...

That's such a rough call though. I almost would rather stick around for the other stuff and skip darkside. I don't fucking know, I just don't know. At least Black Mountain is the outdoor stage so maybe i'll catch the last half of their set, I just don't know it's awful though.

Nationocean, no offense but I fucking hate your sig, it's way long and annoying. I mean that in the nicest of ways though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    and there's absolutely no reason for the conflict... the mojave closes down 5 minutes after Waters finishes and Justice plays to a silent Coachella??? have Black Mountain START 5 minutes after Waters and run DURING Justice!!!

We should all go throw waters on the Mojave sound boards throughout Sunday to ensure that they're running late all day so that Black Mountain doesn't go on until 11pm...
    See, a black Mountain/Justice conflict is much more manageable. I am interested in checking out Justice but fuck it, don't give me this waters/black mountain conflict!!

Quote Originally Posted by climbon321 View Post
    Yeah, I was really pissed to see this. Easily the worst conflict for me of the weekend.
    I dunno...Battles Vs Les Savy Fav and Animal Collective vs Akron/Family are just as baffling...two pairs of experimental New York bands with compatible fan bases...seems they all should have been running sequentially instead of side-by-side as well.

? for veterans...why do they not give some of the bigger bands earlier in the day set times, and run some of the lesser knowns latter into the evening to

I would have been all over Akron/Family at 1pm Saturday

whiney pain in butt

In general - I must say Sunday looks awful still. They never had any major adds to Sunday. The whole day looks sloppy and missing something. The main stage is a joke. Austin TV to Stars to MMJ to Waters.. all of that looks sub par. It will be the first year I will miss the main stage completely.

For the rest of the stages, it's slim overall. and then the acts that are decent, all conflict. So, in all, Sunday is terrible. Worst day of the festival ever. I'm calling it.

And thus completes my last bitching before the festival.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    I dunno...Battles Vs Les Savy Fav and Animal Collective vs Akron/Family are just as baffling...two pairs of experimental New York bands with compatible fan bases...seems they all should have been running sequentially instead of side-by-side as well.

? for veterans...why do they not give some of the bigger bands earlier in the day set times, and run some of the lesser knowns latter into the evening to

I would have been all over Akron/Family at 1pm Saturday
    Bigger bands do not want to play earlier in the day so it is usually related to their contract to play. The crowds are not big enough early for them.

yeah, i was really stoked to see black mountain, oh well, im not missing DSotM

I don't understand the logic. It's making me angry. Someone needs to mellow my harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    That's such a rough call though. I almost would rather stick around for the other stuff and skip darkside. I don't fucking know, I just don't know. At least Black Mountain is the outdoor stage so maybe i'll catch the last half of their set, I just don't know it's awful though.
    except they're NOT on outdoor, they're on the mojave... waaaay too far to try and catch the end of them after Waters... they should move black mountain to outdoor after Waters and bump Murs up to mojave after Waters (since he's over at 11pm anyway), then it'd go back to a silent (except sahara) Waters and we'd not have to tolerate Justice playing to a silent coachella

SRSLY

I can not believe Justice are closing the Sahara with no one else playing that is dumb. Goldenvoice need to stop promoting Ed Banger.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    except they're NOT on outdoor, they're on the mojave... waaaay too far to try and catch the end of them after Waters... they should move black mountain to outdoor after Waters and bump Murs up to mojave after Waters (since he's over at 11pm anyway), then it'd go back to a silent (except sahara) Waters and we'd not have to tolerate Justice playing to a silent coachella
    well done. I don't know whey I thought Black Mountain was outdoor. I'm sad that no matter how much we bitch about this conflict it ain't changing. Ugghhh, I was really really looking forward to Black Mountain. How dare Coachella and Waters give them the shaft!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    yeah, i was really stoked to see black mountain, oh well, im not missing DSotM
    same.

::cries::

How is this a hard decision?

Facts:

1.This is likely Waters last tour.
    2. Waters is the greatest live pioneer in rock history
    3. Waters will be playing and wrote songs that have no peer in Coachella's history
    4. Black Mountain will play more Coachella's and tour plenty on their own

and finally:

I don't want to miss modeselektor,simian,chromeo

Are you #$#@#$ kidding me? We are talking about the mastermind of Pink Floyd, the band that started art rock that started all these little fad bands Pitchfork praises (And the disappear two years later). The only rock band other than Zeppelin and the Beatles to sell more than 300 million records. The most innovative live act of all time.

For Simian Mobile Disco?

HUH?

There is nothing, *nothing* at Coachella that will compare with Waters live. There's a reason he gets 2.5 hours. Save all the good stuff for this event. Don't "skip out" to other tents lol. You won't want to once you see the show.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post

Facts:

1.This is likely Waters last tour.
    2. Waters is the greatest live pioneer in rock history
    3. Waters will be playing and wrote songs that have no peer in Coachella's history
    4. Black Mountain will play more Coachella's and tour plenty on their own

and finally:

Are you #$#@#$ kidding me? We are talking about the mastermind of Pink Floyd, the band that started art rock that started all these little fad bands Pitchfork praises (And the disappear two years later). The only rock band other than Zeppelin and the Beatles to sell more than 300 million records. The most innovative live act of all time.

For Simian Mobile Disco?

HUH?
    I understand your arguement but it is not Pink Floyd it is Waters there is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
    I understand your arguement but it is not Pink Floyd it is Waters there is a difference.

Gilmour, Wright and Mason did not care about the live spectacle. All of that was Syd and Roger. He is the mastermind behind the band and the live spectacle.

To miss that for a couple Pitchfork fad acts is incredily ridiculous.

Hey guys, I don't want to miss Simian Disco!

Last edited by wolverine; 04-22-2008 at 09:27 AM.

I am so fucking depressed about this. Black Mountain was in my top 5 - maybe even 3 acts to see this weekend...and now I can't.

Bullshit.
    "It's all happening..."
    Coachella BEARDwatch '08, '11

yea we need a petition or something, this is still upsetting me quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    yeah, i'm more pissed that it's modeselektor,simian,chromeo vs. waters. that sucks. who the fuck is black mountain, lol.. i keed.
    Im gonna hit some sons and daughters then mode then over to see rogers opening...back to mode, then to roger for a long time (really to the end)during chromeo cuz I dont really like them at all...then justice.

edit:thats my only real conflict and I love running around sometimes so its fine with me
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by KookyFor1973 View Post
    I am so fucking depressed about this. Black Mountain was in my top 5 - maybe even 3 acts to see this weekend...and now I can't.

Bullshit.
    relax the stages are next to each other, just hover between you will know what is going on at the other stage by just looking. not the end of the world
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

I'll watch at least 20 minutes of Waters just so I can say I did.

Classic rock is great and all that, but I'm all about SMD and Chromeo.

I guess I just prefer movements on the upswing as opposed to a legends final moments.

I would be of a completely different mindset if it were Pink Floyd obviously, that shit is legendary and it's the whole package not just a piece(no matter how integral a piece it is)

I'll prolly leave Chromeo early to catch the end of Waters' set.
    Last edited by thedevious; 04-22-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    Years Attended:

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    relax the stages are next to each other, just hover between you will know what is going on at the other stage by just looking. not the end of the world
    wtf are you talking about??? the mojave and main are not next to each other!

my top 2 acts for each day all conflict... gay.

aphex twin vs. swell season (now that the bees are gone anyway)

portishead vs. flogging molly

roger waters vs. black mountain

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post

Are you #$#@#$ kidding me?

There's a reason he gets 2.5 hours.
    word

except everyone is talking about catching the first few minutes or half hour of Waters and that'll probably be the least interesting part of the set... the middle will be DSOTM and the last half hour-45minutes will be the biggest hits & stuff off the Wall...

i'd hate to miss Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, Another Brick in the Wall, Hey You ... to go watch Black Mountain...

GAY.