Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Plane Tickets

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    95

    Default Plane Tickets

    If I were to wait until around March to get my plane tickets, would I be fine? Seeing as I am flying out of Manchester Airport in New Hampshire. Im just afraid I will have to pay over $300 for plane tickets. Seeing as I have to pay for my brother to come along, that would suck.

  2. #2
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    Why wait until march? As sooner you book your flights, cheaper they will be.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    I dont have the money right now. Im trying to get a lot of extra hours at work but seeing as I have to pay for two tickets, its difficult. Also Im only 17 so I cant work more than twenty hours. I dont know. I think its time to start bugging my mother about borrowing money.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Danica View Post
    I dont have the money right now. Im trying to get a lot of extra hours at work but seeing as I have to pay for two tickets, its difficult. Also Im only 17 so I cant work more than twenty hours. I dont know. I think its time to start bugging my mother about borrowing money.
    You should be ok, esp. if you are flexible when you leave. (redeyes are always available) if it where a bigger city - I'd be more worried, my flight I booked a month ago (Chicago to LAX, is all booked up, now)
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Member smilingdownward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    i dont know if this will help, but try southwest, they fly into ontario ca, lax, orange co and san diego they have sales all the time but right now they are booked up for the 26th and the 30th out of ontario, they have some flights for lax. sign up for their "ding" program and they let you know about deals for flights ect. kinda like a IM but for flights. but if you could get a flight with SW it could be as little as 89$ each way.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    Why wait until march? As sooner you book your flights, cheaper they will be.

    Wrongo.

    Flights get cheaper as the time draws closer. Airlines always drop the prices of their tickets the closer it gets because it's a sure way of filling as many seats as possible.

    You'll be fine. I usually book my flights in April.

  8. #8
    Lurker park1e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    hey we're flying from aberdeen in scotland, which airline are you using to get flights that cheap? me and my mate were away to pay $600 each for our return flights.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    Best thing to do is sign up for airline mailing lists. They will email you deals on their international flights and they get steadily cheaper closer to the time of flying.

    I got a return flight to LA for 90 once.....but that was just after 9/11.

    Virgin Flights will be around 250 by March/April.

  10. #10
    Member smilingdownward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by park1e View Post
    hey we're flying from aberdeen in scotland, which airline are you using to get flights that cheap? me and my mate were away to pay $600 each for our return flights.
    check orbitz.com, they have awsome deals. looks around 609$ for round trip for you.....i have way too much free time at work tonight, been checking airfair for ppl all night. well back to work i go!

  11. #11
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    Wrongo.

    Flights get cheaper as the time draws closer. Airlines always drop the prices of their tickets the closer it gets because it's a sure way of filling as many seats as possible.

    You'll be fine. I usually book my flights in April.
    As my only possibility is to fly friday, i have to book the earliest one, so i prefer not to risk waiting until april.

    Try hotwire, they have good deals.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Plane Tickets

    I found tickets for like 300 from United Airlines. But Im going to sign up the mailing lists and such. I think Ill be fine seeing as not many people will be flying out of Manchester even though its quite a large airport. My best bet is to get tickets and book a hotel now. Seeing as I dont want to pay 300 a night for a hotel. I found one for two hundred a night but it charges right away so that sucks. Im going to look around for more flights tonight.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 02:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •