Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feel scammed?

Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

I dont feel scammed. Everyone feels scammed because the f***ing Police are not on the bill due to the password incident.... THE ONLY WAY TO EXPERIENCE COACHELLA IS TO GO THE ENTIRE WEEKEND....... None of this 1 day bulls**t.. Be grateful you have the options because a lot of other festivals make you pay for the whole weekend and do not sell single day tickets...

I don't feel scammed wither.

ALTHOUGH....

I thought the password thing was kinda slimey. It should been something like Vespertine or something. IMHO
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I dont feel scammed. Everyone feels scammed because the f***ing Police are not on the bill due to the password incident.... THE ONLY WAY TO EXPERIENCE COACHELLA IS TO GO THE ENTIRE WEEKEND....... None of this 1 day bulls**t.. Be grateful you have the options because a lot of other festivals make you pay for the whole weekend and do not sell single day tickets...
    Go to Coachella and have the time of your life then go to Bonnaroo and see The Police there!

I feel scammed for the fact that I thought would be interacting with fellow Coachella aficionados on this new message board.

Future board postings at this rate.
    The cost of Starbucks coffee
    The price of gas
    The cost of food at Red Lobster
    The cost of movies
    Why doesn't Coachella offer a 50% discount coupon in the Sunday paper?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    at the good festivals in europe you can only by passes to the whole festival.
    since when do we give a fukc about how they do things in europe?

If you feel like coachella tickets are a scam, then don't buy them you fukcing morons. Buying something which you believe is a scam makes you incredibly stupid. End of subject.

Anyone have a stockpile of orange and green skittles they don't want, i'd be glad to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    If you feel like coachella tickets are a scam, then don't buy them you fukcing morons. Buying something which you believe is a scam makes you incredibly stupid. End of subject.
    Why do you keep misspelling "fuck?" You can spell it correctly here and not get banned. Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I don't feel scammed, but the message board makes me feel a little ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    Anyone have a stockpile of orange and green skittles they don't want, i'd be glad to buy them.

and who shall i send them too?
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."

Since fucking COACHELLA was based on festivals in Europe, DUMBASS.

Talk about morons.
    The Glitter Freeze

whats europe?

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikevagina View Post
    Go to Coachella and have the time of your life then go to Bonnaroo and see The Police there!
    I will have the time of my life for the 5th year in a row. And I am not going to Bonnaroo if the Police play. Radiohead(being pretty much my fave band ever) was there last year and I didnt make the trip out, so if you think the Police will make me go to a farm in the middle of Tennessee and not allow me to shower for 4 days and have all the jam bands PLUS artists that have played Coachella since they have started to tailor their line up more like it, just to see them play.(supposedly since we will find out next week if its true or not) You are clearly mistaken... Coachella > Bonnaroo

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldread View Post
    "a cultural experience".....it's just a goddamn show. i guess you like forking over your paychecks for illusory "cultural experiences", but I don't. coachella is more of a cultural embarrassment.

....have you ever BEEN?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Why do you keep misspelling "fuck?" You can spell it correctly here and not get banned. Really.
    seriously? wow, now i'm starting to like this new message board. This just made my day.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
    fuck fuck fucking fuck
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    Since fucking COACHELLA was based on festivals in Europe, DUMBASS.

Talk about morons.
    you idiot, just because coachella is held outdoors and features music does not mean it is based on european festivals.

you idiot, just because coachella is held outdoors and features music does not mean it is based on european festivals.
    Ok, listen. I was not saying that at all. You are the bigger idiot, here's why.

Do a little homework and you will find out that Coachella is INDEED based on festivals such as Glasto and Reading, and not because its outdoors, you stupid fuck, no one was saying that. Coachella is based on Euro festivals in terms of type of bands, format, ticket price, etc... Coachella provides a festival full of acts (again, similar to the ones in Europe) in one setting for an American audience. Goldennvoice saw that this was lacking in the states and filled the void. This is coming from the guy that started Coachella, by the way. It is safe to assume that Paul T. and Goldenvoice copied plenty from Glasto, and Reading, and that's a good thing. Furthermore, you fucking piece of shit, don't insult me just because you HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE what you are talking about. If someone points something out, and that someone just happens to know what's what (like me), why not do yourself a favor and just read and learn and take a mental note or whatever the fuck you wanna do, but just remember to shut the fuck up when you feel stupid.

Now I know this is hard, because you obviously feel stupid all the time, I know this because you flap your goddamn mouth so much. just shut up, try it pal, its amazing what it will do for you.

ass.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 02-06-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

"a cultural experience".....it's just a goddamn show. i guess you like forking over your paychecks for illusory "cultural experiences", but I don't. coachella is more of a cultural embarrassment.
    Do you make a habit of spending your free time on the message boards of "cultural embarrassments"? Someone obviously on as high a horse as you are on doesn't have that kind of time, what with all the culture-enhancing activities that you seem to be taking part in (my guess is pouting and a whole damn lot of whining, while not actually doing anything to solve the problems you are crusading for).

It's a waste of your time to complain, and a waste of our time to read your complaints.

If you dont like it, tough tiddy!

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

whats europe?

You know, it's that place where history comes from!

If anyone's going to see just one band shouldn't be spending so much money, I agree with that, but while you're here why don't you just enjoy it? Why would anyone even pass up a chance to see so many amazing bands and meet so many people? It's a great place for you to discover bands you've never even heard of and to enjoy some awesome scenery. Where else are you going to be able to experience this kind of atmosphere?

If you look at it from a larger scale, being able to see so many bands for what, 300 dollars? It's one hell of a deal! But if you really feel that opinoinated about it, don't bitch about it on a forum where everyone does support and enjoy Coahella, contact the people who organize the event. It get's annoying and you're just going to feel stupid when everyone tells you to shut the fuck up and deal with it. You're not going to accomplish anything by bitching rudely about it.

Excuse the hostile tone in this post >.<;

And you know what, if you're not even going to show up for the other two days, fine. I don't want to be in the same area with shits as fucking stupid and bitchy as that. I'm here to enjoy the music, and make some new friends.
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

if you can't afford to go to all 3 days its cuz you're poor.
    and if you're poor, FUCK YOU!

My sources tell me that sunday tickets will be sold at box office.

so if GV was at all concerned with "preserving the atmosphere of the festival" then, they wouldn't have booked rage and then everyone could go on whatever day they wanted too, just like in the past
    i'm a little late to this particular bulletin-party... but just in case someone else didn't already respond to that - RATM DID INDEED PLAY THE FIRST COACHELLA. fyi. so people who say it goes against "preserving the atmosphere of the festival" probably just lack long-term memory.
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nmaff View Post
    if you can't afford to go to all 3 days its cuz you're poor.
    and if you're poor, FUCK YOU!
    I concur

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO SEE ONE BAND>

it is not a Rage concert. It is not a Bjork concert. It is not a Chili peppers concert. Buying tickets to a festival to see only one band is like buying a bag of skittles and only eating the red ones.

it is a WASTE.

if you want to throw away the rest, that is your business. but QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT AND JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.

or sell your other tickets like everyone else who is actually doing something about what they don't like and not just posting on a message board.
    Take a chill pill, sweetcheeks.

E

This has probably already been said in here somewhere, but really, why is it assumed that everybody's coming to Coachella to see RAGE? And what logic tells anyone that it makes sense to cater to fans of any individual artist? It's a festival, not a concert. If you only want to see one band, it makes no sense to go to a festival. And if you were so into seeing RAGE, you should have bought Sunday tix when they were available. But tix sell out. That's life. I personally have no interest in RAGE, and I'm much more psyched about Placebo, Interpol, Paul Van Dyke, Gotan Project, Arcade Fire, etc etc. And I wouldn't mind seeing Willie Nelson, too. Festivals are for music lovers, not people devoted to one band.

As for a being scammed is concerned, I paid $60 to see Bjork several years ago, the Stones charge $250 and up, whatever. The tix for Coachella are a bargain, and I don't have a fat wallet.

I'm flying in from Detroit to see just one band....every 1/2 hour!!!! Bring on the desert.

thanks elchurro

i'm sick of the "it's so the people who want to go all 3-days can go" bs, from the posts on this site and the number responses i've gotten on selling my sat ticket, most people don't want to spend 3 days and $300 on this damn thing
    that must be why the 3 days sold out faster this year than the past two years...

eh...

Personally I'm happy to spend some cash to see some great musicians AND maybe find a new band or two that I didnt know about before that I'll enjoy. Worth every penny.

-- J
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!