Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feel scammed?

Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

Rage is back, in Indio, who cares how much it costs...sell your shoes if you need to.

The only way I feel scammed is by Ticketmaster having a monopoly on ticket sales...

Other than that...GV and Coachella are my favorite...I leave every year with the most pleasurable musical orgasm!!!

once bands start dropping because of conflicts, drug dependencies and or stolen equipment, then mysteriously replaced with the likes of perry ferrel and beck maybe your tune will change... lets hope its not anyone you care to hear.

vinylmartyr

The Duke Spirits stuff was stolen last year and they still preformed.

vinylmartyr

Thats a good future trivia question.

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

No matter how you look at it everyone has to make money. There is no way to avoid it. At least you are getting a good selection of music from all genres, a beautiful atmosphere to chill out in, and a bunch of other shit. If people feel like it's a scam to have to buy all 3 tickets, then sell the tickets for the days you don't want to go and leave it alone, it's not rocket science. Or ,find someone who did that and buy your tickets that way. People complain about the silliest shit.

Just go...drink some beers, eat some food, jam out with your clam out, rock out with your cock out and then go home after 3 days....thank you.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

I really hope none of these whiners attend.... last thing i want to hear is people bitching all day while the rest of us are enjoying ourselves. no one's threatening to break your kneecaps if you don't buy a 3 day pass.

Uhhhhhhh.... I'm not Complaining..

To me this is the best deal there is... the only ones complaining are the ones that slacked on buying their 1 day ticket in time.. Buy the 3 day, enjoy AS MANY BANDS AS POSSIBLE, and come back here later to complain...YEAH, IT ISN"T GOING TO HAPPEN...

Considering I usually pay $40+ for a decent band (and at least one support act) in a decent sized venue (with service fees and all), no I don't feel like this is a scam. However if a person's just there to see one band and don't agree with the festival prices (because it is a festival -- not a concert -- after all) just wait until they tour again.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldread View Post
    thanks elchurro

i'm sick of the "it's so the people who want to go all 3-days can go" bs, from the posts on this site and the number responses i've gotten on selling my sat ticket, most people don't want to spend 3 days and $300 on this damn thing
    Well, then don't go its a three day festival for a reason.

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    The only way I feel scammed is by Ticketmaster having a monopoly on ticket sales...
    word, fuck tm. I buy two tickets for $252 each... and my total is $569? That's a bunch of horse shit. It would be nice of them to give us an alternative to ticketmaster, especially since Coachella is supposed to be all about avoiding the corporate world.

vinylmartyr

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    I don't feel scammed in the slightest. If they would have allowed unlimited Sunday tix to be sold all the people who wanted to go all 3 days would be fucked.
    post of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014

yeah GV really cares about all of the bands being watched equally...they're milking RATM's reunion for every penny is what they're doing.
    do you ever think long-term? probably not, but Goldenvoice does.

fuc*ing the festival for one year means nothing to them. selling 60,000 tickets to RATM fans for sunday would screw the fest, even though it seems as if they could sell 60K for RATM if they desired.

GV is trying to hold 3-day tickets for fans who want to stay for more than a few hours - which is building long-term loyalty. if RATM fans don't understand that point... i'm sure goldenvoice won't lose sleep over it.

the fact that arcade fire fans have to buy a 3 day pass to see their band... that's just an unfortunate byproduct of ticket demand. nobody should be coming to this festival for one band - it's not worth the time/money/energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014

Since when are single day tickets sold out? I just bought one for Friday.

that's the only day whose single tickets are still available lol.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    that's the only day whose single tickets are still available lol.
    Actually, it looks like it's only Sunday that's sold out (according to ticketmaster.com).

So dude who started this thread with the "what if I only wanted to see Arcade Fire" (or anyone else on Saturday) actually can.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    word, fuck tm. I buy two tickets for $252 each... and my total is $569? That's a bunch of horse shit. It would be nice of them to give us an alternative to ticketmaster, especially since Coachella is supposed to be all about avoiding the corporate world.
    That could be the stupidest thing ever. Coachella isn't about anti-conformity, its about the experience and about music, and having a great time in a great environment with great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    3 day pases will sell out soon. So you theory is kinda whacked.
    no please noooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa pea View Post
    I'm missing school Friday and Monday for Coachella...and I'm the teacher!

Some of you are fucked in the head.

Who the fuck goes on a fucking coachella website to bitch about how much of a scam or how much of a "cultural embarrasment" it is.

if you dont like coachella then fuck you
    if you like it then pay whatever the fuck they are asking for a ticket and quit your bitching

fucking prissy bitchs

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

damn...that's a lot of "fucks"
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

3day passes are 3 day single passes. You can sell sunday and Friday seperatly if you want on ebay. Tix for sunday are bidding high. cause of rage. lame.
    You shoulda bought your tic right away yo

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    you guys all think you know. go start your own festival and see. you have no idea how much we really care. some people do and im glad they post.
    Am I one of those who cares?
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Um, Rage hasn't been together for how long?? 6 years?? what the F do you expect?? you have the RHCP playing the night before..seriously, what do you expect?? its a business and im sure they dont give a fuck what you think, because many others are buying the 3 day pass..and its going to be a kick ass 3 days and well worth it!!

vinylmartyr

ITS GOING TO KICK ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I'm going to sell my Friday ticket to a Bjork super fan.

Angry Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO SEE ONE BAND>

it is not a Rage concert. It is not a Bjork concert. It is not a Chili peppers concert. Buying tickets to a festival to see only one band is like buying a bag of skittles and only eating the red ones.

it is a WASTE.

if you want to throw away the rest, that is your business. but QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT AND JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.

or sell your other tickets like everyone else who is actually doing something about what they don't like and not just posting on a message board.

except the other two days don't need to be protected. and we'll see just how many of the true 3-day coachellers there really are when/if the 3 days sell out. a big chunk of the 3-day passes that have sold already are probably rage fans that couldn't get the sunday pass as it is. i don't think the 3-day pass needed to be "protected"

it's about the money, admit it. they didn't force us to buy 2 day passes to past coachellas. they're getting greedier and using rage as a bargaining chip.
    then dont go. Dont ever go again.

quit bitching because besides trying to bring THREE DAYS of great music they would like to make some money to pay for the grounds, pay vendors and pay the artists.. and oh dear lord.. make a small sum for themselves. WE should string them up by the balls for that.

better yet.. when your at your job.. why not refuse your paycheck as a an act of opposition againest the MAN to show all your brothers the evilness of captilisum.

And please take all your loserish freinds with you.

I am sick to death of this subject being beaten to death.

GV didnt do a thing wrong. Three day passes insure that EVERYONE GETS PAID . and that BIG named band all you 17 year olds want to see even though you were mearly an egg when they were at their best, They want mondo $$$ . Guess who has to pay for it...THREE DAY PASS HOLDERS. tHE SINGLE TIXS ARE CHUMP CHANGE.

grow UP..STOP CLOGGING THIS BOARD WITH YOUR STUPID rants about .." ohhh we are being scammed." whin whin boooo fuckin hooo to you. I earn a living..i pay my bills..I CAN AFFORD this three day concert festival.

Piss off and whin to your hot topic crew.
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."

"a cultural experience".....it's just a goddamn show. i guess you like forking over your paychecks for illusory "cultural experiences", but I don't. coachella is more of a cultural embarrassment.
    Hate mail. << you see that horse? Thats you.