Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does anyone feel scammed?

Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

I think this whole year is about money, honestly. I can't believe that all the tix are sold out for Sat and Sun, and I can't believe how much douche bags are asking for tickets. My opinion of Coachella has changed so much within the last couple of days. I have gone every single damn year (well, except for the other Bjork year...which is partly why I want to go so badly this year) and this is the first time I have felt like GV doesn't give a rats ass.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to spend close to a thousand dollars to go. It's just no do-able. Most people have things called bills and responsibility. Apparently those people won't be able to enjoy the festival this year.

Damn, you guys want some cheese with that whine?

I also have bills and responsibilities, and if I could make it all the way from the other side of the fucking world, then you could have made a plan for $250.

This trip is costing me close on $5000 and you don't see me complaining, I stepped up to the plate and made a plan, if you wanted to go so badly, you could have done the same

Tickets weren't $1000 when they went on sale a month ago. Coachella isn't ripping any one off, they can't be blamed for your procrastination. They are just running a festival, and unfortunately there is only limited space available otherwise no one would be able to fucking walk, because it would be too crowded. I’m almost sure then everyone would also have gone on the “It’s all about the money, that’s why they are over selling the festival” crusade. If it was about money for them, they would have had more tickets, not less, if you ever heard of a thing called “mathematics” I’m sure you’ll be able to work it out.

Time waits for no man, and if you’re sitting without ticket now, its no one's fault expect your own, you people are going on like your owed something, well I got bad news, welcome to the real world, its up to you and no one else to make the things happen that you want in life.
    Last edited by Zipkoppie; 02-16-2007 at 03:39 AM.

If you only like one band, why not post your whining shite on their message board? I'm sure you'll make lots of special friends.

No quotes. If you think this is aimed at you, then it is.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0305224/

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I think this whole year is about money, honestly. I can't believe that all the tix are sold out for Sat and Sun, and I can't believe how much douche bags are asking for tickets. My opinion of Coachella has changed so much within the last couple of days. I have gone every single damn year (well, except for the other Bjork year...which is partly why I want to go so badly this year) and this is the first time I have felt like GV doesn't give a rats ass.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to spend close to a thousand dollars to go. It's just no do-able. Most people have things called bills and responsibility. Apparently those people won't be able to enjoy the festival this year.
    Wow...the nerve of Goldenvoice to do something for MONEY of all things...what do they think they are...a company? Those BASTARDS! LoL. Sound ridiculous enough yet?

The only way Coachella has changed from 99 till now is that now they actually MAKE a little money, whereas in 99 they almost went bankrupt and they lost a bunch of $$. Shame on them for actually wanting to stay afloat and pay their employee salaries, be able to put on more concerts, or invite top-of-the-line talent. Shame on them. LoL

As for having bills & responsibility, you're hearing all this from a guy who took the time to go to college and get his education so that he could AFFORD to do things later in life. But responsibilities like my mortgage (which costs half my paycheck each month), bills, food, etc are all in my lap and they're all gettin' paid...even though I'm goin' to Coachella. It's called SAVING and RESPONSIBILITY.

-- J
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

i feel scammed every time i gas my car up

Hey, guess what? I realize it's a damn company and they need to make money to keep doing what they do. Don't talk to me about limited space and "no room to walk". Every other year has been fine, so that's bullshit.

I don't need a lecture on responsibility or saving. It's not about that. My point was that this has never happened in any past year so how the hell could anyone anticipate tickets selling out so quickly? Sure I said GV doesn't give a rats ass...cuz I was upset. Message boards are for ranting and discussing. I was ranting.

Also, you don't fucking know me and you have no IDEA how I manage responsibilities in my life. So drop the holier than thou attitude. You went to college? So did I. Get over yourself.

Hey, guess what? I realize it's a damn company and they need to make money to keep doing what they do. Don't talk to me about limited space and "no room to walk". Every other year has been fine, so that's bullshit.

I don't need a lecture on responsibility or saving. It's not about that. My point was that this has never happened in any past year so how the hell could anyone anticipate tickets selling out so quickly? Sure I said GV doesn't give a rats ass...cuz I was upset. Message boards are for ranting and discussing. I was ranting.

Also, you don't fucking know me and you have no IDEA how I manage responsibilities in my life. So drop the holier than thou attitude. You went to college? So did I. Get over yourself.
    Oh my GOD...lol...get over yourself kid.

1. The REASON every other year has been fine is that every other year they sold a limited number of tickets too! Coachella has rarely sold out an individual day. Now that the festival has been around longer and more people know about it, sell-outs are a reality. Personally I like the ability to lay down between bands out in the grass at the center of the polo field without getting trampled.

2. If you know you want to go, make buying your ticket a priority. My brother and I have gone to EVERY Coachella festival. We've never had to buy our tix from a scalper...including this year...because we knew it was going on sale soon and paid attention to when the pre-sales took place to guarantee we got tix. If that's too much work or whatever else kept you from getting tix then it must not be much of a priority for you. That's fine, but don't blame Goldenvoice.

3. Sure I don't know you personally, but I know what you wrote in this thread...you said people with bills and responsibilities wouldn't be able to go...you said GV doesn't give a rat's ass...you said your opinion of the festival has changed because you didn't plan far enough in advance to get tix. That's enough for me to hear that I feel I can comment on your little rant without having to justify myself. My comment about going to college was to head off any talk about having a low-paying job. News Flash...even when I was only able to work 16 hours a week while I did an unpaid internship & went to school, I found a way to save enough $$ to go to Coachella.

If something means enough to you, you will find a way to make it happen. If not, don't complain.

Now get over it or do what the other procrastinators did and buy from some a$$hole scalper.

-- J
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    whats europe?

You know, it's that place where history comes from!
    At least Europeans know their history and geography. Ask 1/2 of the dumbwits in the US, they wouldn't know what happened in history in 1492 or where some countries are.

Perfect example: just watch Leno and Letterman do those interviews on the street.

I don't need a lecture on responsibility or saving. It's not about that. My point was that this has never happened in any past year so how the hell could anyone anticipate tickets selling out so quickly? Sure I said GV doesn't give a rats ass...cuz I was upset. Message boards are for ranting and discussing. I was ranting
    You snooze, you lose.

2 weeks is a lifetime.

Cool Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

i think an improvement to coachellafest would be for them to ALSO have a section for RV city like the TENT city they have... i know they would charge a grip for it but WTH i live in the valley and would rather camp out in a RV than commute back & forth each day...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by TESTIFYTHIS View Post
    Rage is back, in Indio, who cares how much it costs...sell your shoes if you need to.
    werd, i payed 450 bucks for my sunday ticket

Quote Originally Posted by ED GEIN View Post
    As well as Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo here in the states.
    not true...lollapalooza u can buy single tickets