Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 102

Thread: Does anyone feel scammed?

  1. #1
    Member NoGwenPlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tempe Aidz / Team Diamnd
    Posts
    676

    Default Does anyone feel scammed?

    Concerning single day tickets being sold out while 3 day passes are not.

    If some people feel like they have enough money to pay 250+ just to go to rage on sunday they can still do it.

    But what about the people that just want to see Arcade Fire? And don't have enough money to pay for a whole weekend?

    I feel if they wanted to really sell out the whole venue they wouldn't have limited the tickets. I guess it's good in some regards, but really feels like a scam to me.

    It's not like i would ever go to just one day or anything. just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

  2. #2
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    I don't feel scammed in the slightest. If they would have allowed unlimited Sunday tix to be sold all the people who wanted to go all 3 days would be fucked.

  3. #3
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    3 day pases will sell out soon. So you theory is kinda whacked.

  4. #4
    Member pewter14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    544

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    It's business ... limit the one day tix and sell more 3 day passes ... if, getting closer to the show, it becomes evident three day passes won't sell out, they can always break them up and sell as one day tix again ...

    I'm not saying this will happen, but, simple economics, supply and demand ... that's capitalism ...

    If they put out a shit product I'd be pissed, but, the product GV delivers is high quality every year ...

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    That's all good and true, but I think another reason why they do this is to prevent people coming for just one band. I mean imagine if they didn't limit sunday tickets. Sunday would suck for the people that go every year. You'd be surrounded by people who only want to see Rage and the atmosphere would suffer.

  6. #6
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    i actually think the limiting of one day passes are great for coachella. The more people that come with the intent of seeing lots of music, the better it is for the atmosphere of the festival.

    I don't want a bunch of people coming for one band (whether it's rage or AF), that's not the point of all this.

    Anything that can be done to prevent that is ok by me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    yeah GV really cares about all of the bands being watched equally...they're milking RATM's reunion for every penny is what they're doing.

  8. #8
    Member pewter14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    544

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    actually, I'd love for everyone to come to see just the headliner ... more room all day long to see other bands for me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    i feel scammed by the nigerian guy on ebay that sabatoged my auction by overbidding then didn't pay.

  10. #10
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,213

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    you guys all think you know. go start your own festival and see. you have no idea how much we really care. some people do and im glad they post.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  11. #11

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    i got scammed last year, i went and heard a bunch of good music that i had to buy all their CDs...and this year my new cd buying started early.....
    go to hell coachella!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    i did try starting my own festival...then the CEO of GV devoured my soul in the name of the dark one

  13. #13
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    total scam, stagecoach is the proof thats its all about the money... but what isn't these days when it comes to music. ...oh well, bend over and take it for now till the masses come to there senses or the crowd just gets worse through the years and eventually revolts.

    there should be no need to force anyone to buy more than one ticket, at any time... thats pure marketing strategy.
    Last edited by elChurro; 02-01-2007 at 09:04 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    thanks elchurro

    i'm sick of the "it's so the people who want to go all 3-days can go" bs, from the posts on this site and the number responses i've gotten on selling my sat ticket, most people don't want to spend 3 days and $300 on this damn thing

  15. #15
    Member sacleonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    I don't feel scammed in the least. In fact, I find the ticket prices to be fair, especially for the selection of artists, and one day's admission would cost nearly the same amount just to see the headlining artist (RHCP for example) with 1-2 opening acts.

    If single tickets weren't limited, one day sales could become lop-sided (especially for a RATM reunion show) because thousands of fans would be willing to pay $90+ to see them at another venue. By limiting the one day passes, the atmosphere of the festival is preserved... which, for me at least, is a big reason why I go (aside from the great music, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    if it was about a "3-day art and music festival" and not $$$ there would be a lot more local bands/small acts and there wouldn't be the big names.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sacleonard View Post
    I don't feel scammed in the least. In fact, I find the ticket prices to be fair, especially for the selection of artists, and one day's admission would cost nearly the same amount just to see the headlining artist (RHCP for example) with 1-2 opening acts.

    If single tickets weren't limited, one day sales could become lop-sided (especially for a RATM reunion show) because thousands of fans would be willing to pay $90+ to see them at another venue. By limiting the one day passes, the atmosphere of the festival is preserved... which, for me at least, is a big reason why I go (aside from the great music, of course).
    so if GV was at all concerned with "preserving the atmosphere of the festival" then, they wouldn't have booked rage and then everyone could go on whatever day they wanted too, just like in the past

  18. #18
    Member sacleonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebeldread View Post
    so if GV was at all concerned with "preserving the atmosphere of the festival" then, they wouldn't have booked rage and then everyone could go on whatever day they wanted too, just like in the past
    I disagree. It's got to be incredibly difficult to find 2-3 artists that have mass appeal without turning the festival into a boring corporate event (which explains the RHCP backlash on this board).

    The headliners drive sales and pay the bills, but it's all the other names on the list that make Coachella unique. Frankly, I am a little underwhelmed by the other two headliners, but again, that's not why I go. RATM is my most anticipated headliner, but I am much more excited about Friday and Saturday's lineups.

    I think that RATM fits the festival well, but it creates a dilemma for the other two days. To your point, RATM is very unique: major reunion, political timeliness, biggest fan base is in LA, etc. However, since they landed RATM, I think that they are protecting the festival by limiting single day tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    except the other two days don't need to be protected. and we'll see just how many of the true 3-day coachellers there really are when/if the 3 days sell out. a big chunk of the 3-day passes that have sold already are probably rage fans that couldn't get the sunday pass as it is. i don't think the 3-day pass needed to be "protected"

    it's about the money, admit it. they didn't force us to buy 2 day passes to past coachellas. they're getting greedier and using rage as a bargaining chip.

  20. #20
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,213

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    oh geez.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  21. #21

    Default this is the bottom line...

    WE ARE NOT GETTING SCAMMED. IF YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR FAVORITE BAND, WAIT TIL THEY DO THEIR OWN TOUR. FESTIVALS LIKE THIS ARE A CULTURAL EXPERIENCE AND LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN AMERICA, THEY COST MONEY.

    THE END--QUIT BITCHING.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    "a cultural experience".....it's just a goddamn show. i guess you like forking over your paychecks for illusory "cultural experiences", but I don't. coachella is more of a cultural embarrassment.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    I had to opt for the 3-day pass too because I missed out on the Saturday morning rush. 300 smackers does hurt. Especially with Ticketmaster joining in on the butt reaming with their bullshit miscellaneous charges.

  24. #24
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    Listen boys & girls
    there is no such thing as a "scam" when concerning Coachella.
    if you think there is, that all your hard earned dirty money is going to waste, then download mp3s and jerk off all night, alright nobody cares. You're going to see some of the best music being made right now in a live setting with people who appreciate music and life all the same. I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK DOES MONEY MATTER TO ANYONE ANYWAY?! Bjork alone, to travel to the hotspots she plays at would cost about three hundred dollars in itself. Quit whinning to the god damn internet, take a couple days off from a meaningless life, and go see all the acts playing

  25. #25
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    rebeldread:
    If you quite literally just want to see one band from an entire festival then fine, go ahead and bitch about "Wah wah there should be more single day tickets wah". Alright, so you weren't fast enough to get the exact ticket you wanted - that's your own damn fault. Next time be faster. And hey, there's still 3-day tickets, which if you actually like music generally rather than just wanting to go and see omfg Rage is a far better deal anyways!

    If there was too many single day tickets for Sunday, then it'd be overcrowded because yes, Rage are a huge pull. I know I want to see them sure as hell. But then, the other two days would need to sell as many single day tickets to match or the number of people would be lopsided. This would then mean there was fewer 3-day passes, because there's an upper limit as to how many people can go without needing to hire Tokyo train-pushers. Personally, I prefer it that more people who want to go to the whole festival and see all kinds of bands can get tickets, rather than just the fans of one headlining band.

    Oh, and to be clear? <--- Massive Rage fan. That doesn't, however, preclude me from enjoying other band's music on the other days.




    Also:
    total scam, stagecoach is the proof thats its all about the money... but what isn't these days when it comes to music.
    Since when is anything not about money? You want a band's album? Money please. Going to a restaurent for a slap-up meal? That'll be some money. Need fuel for your car? X amount of money please guv'nor!

    Money is basically a way of saying "I value your product and/or service, so here's some of my solidified working time for you (which is basically what money is - the more time you spend working the more of it you get.)" If you don't think what you want is worth it then don't pay, that's your choice. This is the way it has always been, and most likely always will be. Personally, I'm more than happy to pay a fair price to go and see 3 days of music.

    But then that's a different topic >.>

  26. #26

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikediamond View Post
    Listen boys & girls
    there is no such thing as a "scam" when concerning Coachella.
    if you think there is, that all your hard earned dirty money is going to waste, then download mp3s and jerk off all night, alright nobody cares. You're going to see some of the best music being made right now in a live setting with people who appreciate music and life all the same. I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK DOES MONEY MATTER TO ANYONE ANYWAY?! Bjork alone, to travel to the hotspots she plays at would cost about three hundred dollars in itself. Quit whinning to the god damn internet, take a couple days off from a meaningless life, and go see all the acts playing
    you arrogant twat

    of course its a scam...theres no reason for having a limited number of one day tickets other than for them to make more money

  27. #27

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebeldread View Post
    "a cultural experience".....it's just a goddamn show. i guess you like forking over your paychecks for illusory "cultural experiences", but I don't. coachella is more of a cultural embarrassment.
    You must be joking.

  28. #28
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    at the good festivals in europe you can only by passes to the whole festival.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    at the good festivals in europe you can only by passes to the whole festival.

    As well as Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo here in the states.

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cold white north
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Re: Does anyone feel scammed?

    Whiners please don't attend. We'll all promise not to attend your whine-fest.

    Deal?

    GV rules. Tollet is a god. PF is a goddess. Coachella will be the best weekend of the year (as always).
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Similar Threads

  1. I feel ___________________.
    By airguitarvet in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •