Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any artists you were excited to see when the lineup was announced, but not anymore.

Default Any artists you were excited to see when the lineup was announced, but not anymore.

When the lineup first came out I was somewhat excited to see Vampire Weekend and MGMT. Their albums are way fucking played out to me now, and I seriously have no intention of seeing them at all anymore. Anyone with this same problem?

Default Re: Any artists you were excited to see when the lineup was announced, but not anymor

That usually happens with bands that suck.

Just kidding. No, I dont know that I have that problem. I haven't been listening to much Coachella music so I can't say anyone is played out. Although I have been playing alot of Does It Offend You, Yeah? And it got slightly played out but I am still excited to see them.

Default Re: Any artists you were excited to see when the lineup was announced, but not anymor

*crickets

I'm still waiting for Ladytron to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    ditto
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    That usually happens with bands that suck.

Just kidding. No, I dont know that I have that problem. I haven't been listening to much Coachella music so I can't say anyone is played out. Although I have been playing alot of Does It Offend You, Yeah? And it got slightly played out but I am still excited to see them.
    Oh yeah, i'm way over DIOYY too. These are like the only artists though. Every other artist I wanted to see when the lineup was announced I have only gotten more excited to see.

Portishead, Aphex Twin, Prince and Radiohead. BLAH.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Coachella Junkie

Hot Chip.

But I still may check them out anyway.

I'm not really excited for Hot Chip either anymore..
    or the Racontuers

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    That would be great but they're touring all over the place starting at the end of May (in case you missed it). They'll be better in a small venue than at a festival.

As for the subject at hand, I'm to the point where I really couldn't give two shits about seeing Justice.

08/27 Jamie XX - The Mohawk
    08/31 Little Dragon - The Moody Theater
    10/02 Beck - Stubb's
    10/03 Rhye - The Paramount
    09/12 GvsB IV w/Panda Bear, SOPHIE, DOSS, Ejecta - Granada Theater
    09/21 IHEARTCOMIX + Hyperdub 10 - Empire
    09/23 Andy Stott/Millie + Andrea - The North Door
    11/7,8,9 Fun Fun Fun - Auditorium Shores
    11/17 Blonde Redhead - The Mohawk
    11/23 Caribou, Jessy Lanza - The Mohawk
    11/26 FKA Twigs - The Parish

07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Hot Chip.

But I still may check them out anyway.

You guys are just straight up silly. Ha

Coachella Junkie

They're just old to me now. I cant really listen to them anymore.

But if my schedule permits, i'll check them out, because i'm sure they're a blast live.

I think I may have ruined Made In The Dark for myself by playing it too much. It's fantastic but kinda' gets annoying after a while...is it just me?

08/27 Jamie XX - The Mohawk
    08/31 Little Dragon - The Moody Theater
    10/02 Beck - Stubb's
    10/03 Rhye - The Paramount
    09/12 GvsB IV w/Panda Bear, SOPHIE, DOSS, Ejecta - Granada Theater
    09/21 IHEARTCOMIX + Hyperdub 10 - Empire
    09/23 Andy Stott/Millie + Andrea - The North Door
    11/7,8,9 Fun Fun Fun - Auditorium Shores
    11/17 Blonde Redhead - The Mohawk
    11/23 Caribou, Jessy Lanza - The Mohawk
    11/26 FKA Twigs - The Parish

07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    ditto
    triple ditto. lol and the faint!
    Pumpers like to pump, Pumpers Need to pump.

Bonde Do Role... turns out i was listening over & over to a remix of one of their songs, and they really sound nothing like what i heard... "Gasolina" (Crooker's Crunk Mix) ... now THAT's a song to roll to...

also:
    Serj Tankian
    Mum
    VHS or Beta
    Kid Sister & A-Trak (wanna hear his version of 'keep em high' & that's it...)
    Junkie XL (eh)
    Spiritualized (acoustic set? in the mojave? during metric? pass.)
    Perry Farrell (not if it's only a DJ set; especially if it's during Waters)

oh, and of course, the bands I was MOST excited to see, but not anymore:
    The Bees, The Streets, Adele, Turbonegro, Jamie T, & Madness
    Last edited by nbvwes; 04-19-2008 at 01:30 PM.

MGMT. Saw them here in denver a few months ago and it was the worst show I've ever seen. I still dig the record alot but live they were horrible. I may watch them hoping they redeem themselves, but we'll see who they conflict with.

Black Kids and Datarock. Got really pumped about a song or two from each, and then everything else I heard was pretty underwhelming...

On the opposite end of the spectrum, two acts that weren't high on my list but have moved up in the last couple weeks: Santogold and DeVotchKa.

I think I'll still give MGMT a shot despite the negatives I've heard about their live show...

i'd have to be pretty bored to watch MGMT anyway... if Kavinsky, Minus the Bear, The Teenagers, Yoav, & Calvin Harris were all that was playing during them (AND i didn't need to go piss), then i'd watch MGMT...

maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by LongshotJoe View Post
    On the opposite end of the spectrum, two acts that weren't high on my list but have moved up in the last couple weeks: Santogold and DeVotchKa.
    Santogold is climbing high on my list as well. I'm totally into this record. DeVotchKa is bad ass, local Denver band. I've seen them, lord only knows how many times and there a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    i'd have to be pretty bored to watch MGMT anyway... if Kavinsky, Minus the Bear, The Teenagers, Yoav, & Calvin Harris were all that was playing during them (AND i didn't need to go piss), then i'd watch MGMT...

maybe.
    I'm not a big minus the bear fan, but live i have to say that it was really amazing. saw them at the glasshouse two years ago and they truly did blow me away.

I was really excited about seeing Madness, The Horrors and especially The Bees when the lineup was announced, but not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

The Bees and The Streets.

i liked the MGMT record...at first.

good guilty pleasure pop music but now its played out and i have heard nothing but horrible things about their show.

I saw MGMT here in El Paso last year and it was not a horrible show at all.

In fact, they were pretty cool. So there you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Banned

mgmt mgmt mgmt mgmt.

and mgmt

Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    mgmt mgmt mgmt mgmt.

and mgmt
    just in case you guys didn't get that...he meant MGMT

Prince...yeah right. I'm not missing that for anything...unless he comes on stage and says im only playing songs from my brand new album...no classics. Then Ill hang for as long as I can and move on.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    I'm not really excited for Hot Chip either anymore..
    or the Racontuers
    Damn Mikey, those are the two bands I've listened to more than any other over the last couple weeks. Just you wait, they'll be two of the best shows of the weekend. Get your shit together man! Get excited.

Quote Originally Posted by im so indie View Post
    Damn Mikey, those are the two bands I've listened to more than any other over the last couple weeks. Just you wait, they'll be two of the best shows of the weekend. Get your shit together man! Get excited.
    Oh, I'm excited!
    (two best shows? nahhh.. They'll be great though)
    But, Hot Chip loses me after a while.
    And I can't really grab onto the new Raconteurs album.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    They're just old to me now. I cant really listen to them anymore.

But if my schedule permits, i'll check them out, because i'm sure they're a blast live.
    Dude, they are heaps better live than on CD. It is no contest. Unless one of the heavy hitters is playing at the same time, see them.
    For your health