Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COACHELLA 2008: OF ALL THE FESTIVALS THIS YEAR WHY R U COMING TO COACHELLA??

Banned

Default COACHELLA 2008: OF ALL THE FESTIVALS THIS YEAR WHY R U COMING TO COACHELLA??

well we are only 8 days way and in about a week, alot of us will be going out to indio to have 3 days of music and fun in the sun. im curious to know why u decided to go to coachella 2008?

for me, this will be the 2nd year me and my wife go. i have to be honest, last year it just wasnt a concert, it was a experience. we had a amazing time meeting people from all over the world, drinking, eating and dancing and rocking out. so it was a easy choice this year... plus this is a great vacation for us. we go to concerts all year but this one is special. such a great vibe with such good music! so have fun everyone and see u out there! id love to hear ur story...

Default Re: COACHELLA 2008: OF ALL THE FESTIVALS THIS YEAR WHY R U COMING TO COACHELLA??

I like music, and this has been the highlight of my year since I started going in 2004. The vibe, the people, the bands, everything is amazing, and I bathe it all in the nostalgic rosy glow that most people reserve for talking about their childhood pre-1960.

Default Re: COACHELLA 2008: OF ALL THE FESTIVALS THIS YEAR WHY R U COMING TO COACHELLA??

Because I want to see Jupiter's Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    well we are only 8 days way and in about a week, alot of us will be going out to indio to have 3 days of music and fun in the sun. im curious to know why u decided to go to coachella 2008?

for me, this will be the 2nd year me and my wife go. i have to be honest, last year it just wasnt a concert, it was a experience. we had a amazing time meeting people from all over the world, drinking, eating and dancing and rocking out. so it was a easy choice this year... plus this is a great vacation for us. we go to concerts all year but this one is special. such a great vibe with such good music! so have fun everyone and see u out there! id love to hear ur story...
    ditto. plus its the one closest to me. can't beat it if you live in LA. Always an amazing line up. Always a great time. It's certainly something I can see myself going to every year, a real tradition. I love the Coachella dvd because all the interviews from Paul tollet, Perry and Wayne Coyne are spot on. Something to look forward to, having a real experience and enough crazy shit happening to look back on saying "we lived"

its much much more than just going to a few concerts
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

The drive to Coachella is a breeze.

Banned

yeah it just has a special vibe and ive been to hundreds of concerts. club shows, stadium shows, etc. i know for me i have 5 more work days left b4 its coachella vacation time but mentally ive already driven off to coachella land!!! lol

coachella consistenly has the best line up all in all .x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Isnt this like the 4th version of this threaD? We made one in january.

Banned

i wanted to make a new one since people who r still posting now are ones who r actually going for the most part so we will get some good stories.. tried back in jan and had nothing but assholes post so its cool to hear why people decide to pick a festival when there are so many choices... why coachella?

I done my taxes on time. Its a gift to myself. This will be my first coachella!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D,,d) View Post
    I done my taxes on time. Its a gift to myself. This will be my first coachella!

ur gonna love it!

Portishead and close proximity and HABIT really. I've been to 5 Coachella's I think. I feel lucky that a really cool fest is only 4 hours drive away from me. I haven't been to any other American festivals (except the old touring Lollapalooza and Lilith Fair festivals), so I can't really compare anything to Coachella. I also went to the Reading festival and V festival back in 1999. Those were great, but nowhere near as cool as Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

I'm not...

*sigh*
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

portishead. If it weren't for them, I would probably have spent the money to stalk radiohead more. But prince wouldve sent me scrambling for tickets at the last minute.
    Last edited by Boourns; 04-16-2008 at 03:09 PM.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Because the Coachella Valley is beautiful, got connections on staying out a house down there and the festival reputation is top notch.

Last year was my first and i knew then i would be back no matter what. It looked i wouldn't be able to go because i had a lot of trouble finding work after i graduated college. I found a good job in November and knew then that i was going.

So here we are 8 days from the fest, my brother bailed when they saw he lineup, he wants me to go to lolla with him. Luckely my friends who missed out last year are going for their first times, because i raved about it to them for almost a whole year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

because of The VERVE & PORTISHEAD. I think my head is going to explode during the verve, then somewhat recover, then explode during portishead

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    LOL.

It's the most major festival withing driving distance. The fact that it consistantly rules is just the icing on the cake.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Because its Coachella. The production and organization is top notch every year. And like every other year, when the festival kicks off the lineup is unique and thoroughly entertaining from top to bottom. I can bank on a great festival experience.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

This will be my 8th Coachella (8 unbroken too!)....it is my time of the year to get away from everything:work, school, traffic, bills, and so on. It is my time to recharge and catch some AMAZING shows...I haven't been to any Euro festivals yet...but I have been to some big Japanese ones...Coachella is just as good if not better then any festival I have been too...Only fuji rock can compete (this is only based on the ones I have been too). Portishead, Kraftwerk, Roger Waters and Aphex fucking Twin will be amazing...fuck...I am in such a stellar mood I might even catch a song or 2 from JJ. (provided it isn't in direct conflict with RDJ )
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I went in 2004.

I have been hooked since.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

Same, they just put coachella above all the rest of the festivals

My sister is a music festival junkie. She has tried to get me to go to them in the past but I have never really been able to go. When she found out Prince was going to be at Coachella she knew it was her chance to get me to go. The craziest thing, I do not camp, but I have decided that I would do anything for Prince, even forgo a shower and sleep on the ground. I am 35 years old and this is my first music festival, she is also trying to get me to go to lollapalooza (sp?) in August for her 40th birthday so this is my preview to see if I can hang. It sounds like a great party though so I am excited.

This message board has been great to get me in the right mindset for such an experience, I already have my packing list and been shopping for all the necessities I have found on this board.

Well, compared to other festivals, Coachella for sure has the most depth in their lineup. When you compare their lineup to other festivals like say, Lollapalooza, (which I think is the second best lineup) It's easy to see the difference in their focus. Lollapalooza main focus is on headliners. They always have the best headliners (Daft Punk and Pearl Jam last year for example) but they never have the best festival. There isn't really anyone on their lineup that isn't playing at any other festival. They don't really take any risk by doing this. Radiohead, Rage, and Nine Inch Nails are sure to draw a big crowd but they're not doing anything special. Coachella on the other hand has its focus more towards the rest of the bands. They always bring out bands that you couldn't see anywhere else so I come every year all the way from Canada to see it. I'd like to say that the people who come to Coachella usually don't come for the headliners like most other festivals, even though that probably wasn't the case last year, but I think this year will be different. Hopefully there will be a decent amount of people there during the day compared to during the night.

Aphex Twin
    Animal Collective
    and Justice.
    Without those 3 I'd be staying home.

Quote Originally Posted by slurpee View Post
    I went in 2004.

I have been hooked since.
    word.

Well I will admit, Prince is my draw but I am excited to see some of the other bands as well and some that I have never heard of. I am sure my sister will make sure we make the best of the experience and hit as many shows as humanly possible.

my first foray into Coachella land was in 2004 to see my beloved Pixies.
    I had told anyone and everyone i would go to the ends of the earth to see the Pixies if they ever got back together. Luckily I did n't have to leave the state. That year I experienced something that the vast majority of Coachella
    fanatics experience. sheer joy.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Well I will admit, Prince is my draw but I am excited to see some of the other bands as well and some that I have never heard of. I am sure my sister will make sure we make the best of the experience and hit as many shows as humanly possible.
    you will be hooked. that is a guarantee.

We have a winner!

I came in '06 and it was one of the most fun things I've ever done. 2007 topped that, and I know every year it'll get better and better.

I love the music, the setting, the atmosphere, and the experience. It's like a 3 day adventure.