Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spliff politics

Wink Spliff politics

This will be my first year at Coachella, but I was just thinking... How many times did you witness an instance of spliff politics during past years? (The brits may be more familiar with this question)
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

Default Re: Spliff politics

i prefer spliffs, they're tastier, burn faster, and just generally better.
    Im with you!

I can roll a sweet spliff without the tobacco!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowsmeister
    they're tastier
    How can tobacco possibly be tastier than the Nor Cal Super Bomb!!! Tripp'n...

Didn't witness spliff politics but did take part in spliff burning!

Behind the Redwood Curtain, Lost Coast Northern California

What are 'spliff' politics? I just know of smoking spliffs when joints aren't permitted.
    This forest is growing faster than I can tell.

Wink Re: Spliff politics

Spliff politics are a dynamic which arises from the three fundamental rules of skinning up:

Thou shalt always offer thine spliff to thine neighbour.

Thou shalt make sure that all thine neighbours are offered it in turn and pass it on, or thou shall smite them with a poke in the ribs.

Thou shalt never, ever ask for a drag of a spliff that's not made of thine own naughty goodness.

The problem is simple: on the one hand, if you haven't got any shit of your own, you're forbidden to ask for drags of other people's shit.
    On the other hand, if you manage to insinuate yourself into their group by striking up a conversation, they are obliged to include you in the spliff round.

So, spliff politics are the process of one person trying hard to mingle in a group which is trying hard to not let them (unless they're very stoned, in which case they won't care anyway).

If u see any Irish guys, just hand over all ur smoke to them and they'll show u how to roll a real spliff

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I've been to Coachella 2 years. The first year I was passed a joint while watchin M83 mid afternoon, complete strangers. I was baked the rest of the day by myself. Wonderful.

Last year right before Tool I had an urge to get stoned and I walked around looking down until I saw someone with a joint and asked if they minded me joining them and they were more than welcoming. So i'm 2 for 2.

How do you guys sneak it in? Jock it?

in a cage, and other dark, tight quarters

Sneak em in between the butt cheeks. Who wants a hit?
    No really... dude it's california. If you have glaucoma, back pain, or athlete's foot you can get a "prescription" . But you will not be hassled in the show, and even if you get caught smoking a j in the streets of palm springs, you will get a ticket and a $100 fine.

even if you have asthma... oh smoke the sweet sensimilia.... the greatest shit to roll with is the clear papers...

Quote Originally Posted by DuctTapedGerbil View Post
    Sneak em in between the butt cheeks. Who wants a hit?
    Bwahahaha! Makes you think....*puff*
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N."

http://www.myspace.com/andresanchosanchez

Behind the Redwood Curtain, Lost Coast Northern California

Quote Originally Posted by bazloveswhiskey View Post
    Spliff politics are a dynamic which arises from the three fundamental rules of skinning up . . .
    Thanks for the insight.
    My politics are just pass it to the left after you fill your insides with smoke.
    This forest is growing faster than I can tell.

Talking Re: Spliff politics

I was quoting the legend that is Howard Marks, aka Mr Nice

Weren't spliff politics explained in Human Traffic? Great movie.

Talking Re: Spliff politics

Quote Originally Posted by eric m View Post
    Weren't spliff politics explained in Human Traffic? Great movie.
    Congratulations! You get the award for picking up on this reference, which happens to be one of my favourite movies!
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

Banned

woohoo california smoke weed all day!

Oregon smokes a whole lotta pot...

people everywhere smoke a whole lotta pot

people at coachella smoke a whole lotta pot

I honestly can't see anyone stopping me from sneaking shit in. Either way, I have a few of those cute little "secret" pockets and a belt.

Props to Human traffic!

human traffic is a sweet film, i love the spliff politics bit. you guys reckon me and a couple mates would be able to score some either in the festival or before it? bringing it on a plane from england wouldn't be a great plan!

HA Human Traffic what a film!!! How can we get some skunk in coachella??

Quote Originally Posted by foto_synthesis View Post
    This will be my first year at Coachella, but I was just thinking... How many times did you witness an instance of spliff politics during past years? (The brits may be more familiar with this question)

Quote Originally Posted by bazloveswhiskey View Post
    Spliff politics are a dynamic which arises from the three fundamental rules of skinning up:

Thou shalt always offer thine spliff to thine neighbour.

Thou shalt make sure that all thine neighbours are offered it in turn and pass it on, or thou shall smite them with a poke in the ribs.

Thou shalt never, ever ask for a drag of a spliff that's not made of thine own naughty goodness.

The problem is simple: on the one hand, if you haven't got any shit of your own, you're forbidden to ask for drags of other people's shit.
    On the other hand, if you manage to insinuate yourself into their group by striking up a conversation, they are obliged to include you in the spliff round.

So, spliff politics are the process of one person trying hard to mingle in a group which is trying hard to not let them (unless they're very stoned, in which case they won't care anyway).

If u see any Irish guys, just hand over all ur smoke to them and they'll show u how to roll a real spliff
    I blaze continuously every year and it usually ends up that the people that are around me dont have weed and love the stench of what I'm burning and always get smoked out...most have been lucky enough to be gifted a bud for their next need to smoke.

I'm not stingy, I share but didn't come to blaze the whole venue...but if your next to me it will be passed your way...and it has never been reciprocated in all the years I've been!!!

I'm reading a lot about "spliffs" and "joints"...is there a difference between the two? Also, how do you roll one? I've only done it three times and it's come out decent. It just burns a little harsher. Is there a specific place I can get these papers you speak of? I've only been using bible paper >.<;
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I'm reading a lot about "spliffs" and "joints"...is there a difference between the two? Also, how do you roll one? I've only done it three times and it's come out decent. It just burns a little harsher. Is there a specific place I can get these papers you speak of? I've only been using bible paper >.<;
    Blunts burn better anyway. I'll teach you how to twist a dutchie in tent city.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

hahaha. yes yes. love the "human Traffic" ref.

I've been intercepted at Coachella before.

Watch as people are being processed in to see how thorough the search is. If you need to make a few adjustments just let some people in front of you in line and do as needed. Once in, I haven't a clue. I hope whatever "authorities" are present keep it cool. Either way, I don't do concerts without ganja.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    spliffs have a mix of tobacco and weed while joints are straight bomb.

I prefer no tobacco and a rolled cone...pappers of choice are bambu 1" hemp papers...

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Maybe grape flavored but the tobacco wraps give me a nasty headache...so do me a favor and

"Pass the dutchie to the left hand side"...lallaaaaalalaa

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    What is a dutchie?
    Peace, Love and Coachella.