Thread: PLS HELP some international festival goers

Default PLS HELP some international festival goers

Hi all!

Some friends and I will be flying from Budapest, Hungary to the festival. I've been doing all the research possible but have some questions I hope you all can answer for me:

1: Can I get my tickets via email with a non-us credit card and billing address?

2: What does the pdf file with my tickets contain? I am asking because we'd like to split some of the days up (I wanna see björk, others rage) but if I am not mistaken then when buying emailed tickets you get the all in 1 pdf. So how can I forward my friend his ticket? Or is that not possible?

3: We're thinking about camping but not sure whether its worth it. Whats the deal, are there clean facilities for showering or is it kinda worn down? I basing my question on festival we have here in Hungary, they can get nasty some times.

4: I've read about how tickets are selling fast. We'd love to go, but its quite complicated. If we buy tickets that are emailed will we be able to sell them if we can't go? What if people will only be looking for single tickets, what will be do with our 3 day passes if the .pdf doesn't allow tickets to be forwarded separatly? It would suck to be stuck with a bunch of 3-day passes...

Hope you can help, its kinda hard from so far away but we're positive its gonna be a blast.

All the best
    Rob

Default Re: PLS HELP some international festival goers

1: Can I get my tickets via email with a non-us credit card and billing address?

As far as I know yes, however that it is a question better directed at Ticketmaster.

2: What does the pdf file with my tickets contain? I am asking because we'd like to split some of the days up (I wanna see björk, others rage) but if I am not mistaken then when buying emailed tickets you get the all in 1 pdf. So how can I forward my friend his ticket? Or is that not possible?

The PDF file usually contains a ticket to print out for each of the 3 days, each one has a unique barcode and you will need to bring one each day.

3: We're thinking about camping but not sure whether its worth it. Whats the deal, are there clean facilities for showering or is it kinda worn down? I basing my question on festival we have here in Hungary, they can get nasty some times.

Have never camped but from reports i have read it seems to be pretty well maintained.

4: I've read about how tickets are selling fast. We'd love to go, but its quite complicated. If we buy tickets that are emailed will we be able to sell them if we can't go? What if people will only be looking for single tickets, what will be do with our 3 day passes if the .pdf doesn't allow tickets to be forwarded separatly? It would suck to be stuck with a bunch of 3-day passes...

You can usually resell your tickets and then forward the PDF file..in your situation advisable to sell the weekend rather than break up the days individually.
    If you can make it please do..its an amazing festival...good luck
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Hi Rob

I've done Coachella from the UK so may be able to help. As far as I understand your only option is to use will call, that is order the tickets online through Ticketmaster but then pick them up at the festival box office on the day. If you don't have a US credit card and billing address I don't believe you can use the print option.

I don't know if you were at Sziget last year but just to say that is one great festival you have there, went for the first time last year and really enjoyed it.

Any other questions give us a shout.

Cheers

Ian

Hey, thanks for the replies.

It would be easy to go with the will-call thingy but then we won't have the option to sell the tickets if somebody can't make it to the festival...?! You can imagine the amount of logistics and money its taking us to get there so many things can go wrong at this point but we don't want to be left without tickets...

Was I at sziget?! I even played at Sziget Its a great vibe but I must say that the bands aren't always what they could be...if you want to see real big acts its not Sziget you go to...but the vibe is pretty great, alot of brits say the festival beats most european and UK festivals.

Any more info on what the situation is would be appreciated. Thanks so far.