Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I almost quit my job three times this week.

Default I almost quit my job three times this week.

I have the most thankless fucked up ass clown of a job that ever was. I am in management and on salary. (Add a "v" to salary and you get slavery almost.) I have lost three key employees and managers this week due to random bullshit and corporate changing shit way too much. More work and crappy pay = people don't want to go to work anymore. I have been extremely anxious about work, my declining property value, my wife's been getting sick, and just want to get the fuck out of town and get to COACHELLA! I seriously pondered just quitting my job, quitting my mortgage, quitting the fucking stress altogether.

I have something like five days left of work before I am on vacation, and I don't think my boss even wants me to go on vacation now because of all the bullshit in the workplace. But FUCK THAT! This will be the longest five days of work in my life.

Being able to log on here, get some good chuckles, talk about the great passion of my life, music, and make random smart ass comments really make my days more enjoyable.

So, thanks to all you fine people on here for keeping me somewhat sane. Oh, and the anti-anxiety medication works well, also.

When you see a big white guy with a funny hat laying in the grass eating a Churro crying tears of joy, that'll be me. Come say hi and please don't step on me.
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

Default Re: I almost quit my job three times this week.

What kind of funny hat?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Like a tan floppy one that keeps the sun out of my eyes.

"Salary" is a trick conceived of by large corporations to keep the working class poor. Good luck dude, see you in the desert.

i'm CONSTANTLY fighting the urge to throw nuclear hot coffee in my boss' face

that or vomit all over her
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Seeing as I've used the phrases, "I'd like to tell them to fuck off," "He can kiss my ass," and " I will be taking Coachella weekend off whether they like it or not," many times in the past few weeks, may I ask to please join in on your pity party?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Amen brother!
    2008, 2009, 2011, 2012-2, 2013-1...

Quote Originally Posted by msklvr View Post
    When you see a big white guy with a funny hat laying in the grass eating a Churro crying tears of joy, that'll be me. Come say hi and please don't step on me.
    I'll try to find you this time.

when you say management, could that mean assistant to the regional manager of dunder mifflin? Dwight?
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

I'll be crying tears of joy right along side ya if you need some hugs man!! I've been at my job since 3/10 and have YET to recieve a fucking paycheck! I'm trying to remedy it immediately. But I'm also a single mom of two great boys who's dad dodges the radar of having a job, renting etc so he doesnt have to pay child support. Every penny I make the rest of the month is going to this vacay, my first in 3 years. Hugs on the grass indeed. Please avoid stepping on me as well!!

I have the most thankless fucked up ass clown of a job that ever was. I am in management and on salary. (Add a "v" to salary and you get slavery almost.) I have lost three key employees and managers this week due to random bullshit and corporate changing shit way too much. More work and crappy pay = people don't want to go to work anymore. I have been extremely anxious about work, my declining property value, my wife's been getting sick, and just want to get the fuck out of town and get to COACHELLA! I seriously pondered just quitting my job, quitting my mortgage, quitting the fucking stress altogether.

I have something like five days left of work before I am on vacation, and I don't think my boss even wants me to go on vacation now because of all the bullshit in the workplace. But FUCK THAT! This will be the longest five days of work in my life.

Being able to log on here, get some good chuckles, talk about the great passion of my life, music, and make random smart ass comments really make my days more enjoyable.

So, thanks to all you fine people on here for keeping me somewhat sane. Oh, and the anti-anxiety medication works well, also.

this thread makes me lawl

see you there dude...this is the longest uninterrupted vacation ive ever taken...

it will be fantastic, especially since the good thing about salary is i get paid regardless...vacation or work or sick or whatever
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by eNVyartist View Post
    I'll be crying tears of joy right along side ya if you need some hugs man!! I've been at my job since 3/10 and have YET to recieve a fucking paycheck! I'm trying to remedy it immediately. But I'm also a single mom of two great boys who's dad dodges the radar of having a job, renting etc so he doesnt have to pay child support. Every penny I make the rest of the month is going to this vacay, my first in 3 years. Hugs on the grass indeed. Please avoid stepping on me as well!!
    visit: http://www.laborcommissioner.com/ and call them, let them know your situation...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

yeah, call the law on the job..see how that affects ur job.
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

Do we work for the same company, or are all salary jobs just crap? I've been going through something similar and have just decided I don't care wtf happens there while I'm on vacation. I'm tired of being made feel like the world might end if I have more than a day off or don't have my mobile with me. :P

I am incredibly stressed as well, more because of school though, I am at work and was like you know what will make me feel better...Coachella, so I come on and this is what I see, and I do feel better knowing that others are in the same boat and that Coachella is a light at the end of the tunnle for alot of us (especially me, last semester of school).

Oh yeah and you can thank my profession for the Xanax or whatever benzo your on....I'm in pharmacy school.

Exactly! A light. That is what coachella is to me. I'm so pumped for that moment i walk into the festival grounds at noon on Friday for the third year in a row. It's so perfect. I can't wait to buy every coachella '08 shirt available. It's hard to focus on much else but coachella. We are obsessed, and it is one obsession that gives back.
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

Fuck! i can relate to all the post here. ive been stressed out by work. the only light at the end of my shitty tunnel is Coachella. i let my manager know 6 months in advance that id be missisng work. this week the motherfucker gives me shit for leaving at a busy time. fuck you man... <My manager not you nice people... its gonna feel good giving my job the finger for the weeking. kickin it W/ people like me... no tears. just red eyes

Fuckin' awesome! Every tale makes me feel like I am not alone. Everyone in this thread should pick a time and place and meet up for a beer. Or an anti-depressant. Or just a big group hug.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Do we work for the same company, or are all salary jobs just crap? I've been going through something similar and have just decided I don't care wtf happens there while I'm on vacation. I'm tired of being made feel like the world might end if I have more than a day off or don't have my mobile with me. :P
    FUCK! I used to like my phone. I don't even want to bring it with me. I told all employees that I will accept calls from only one person and that's if it's not too loud. Or if I feel like it.

Shit, I hope the place burns to the ground while I am gone. I still have to get paid, right?

Dude, at least you have something to put the blame on for being stressed out. I'm stressed about stressing for NO reason which is making me think I'm crazy.

Coachella better be good enough this year to make all us worn out people feel better!
    I'd be so high if I could touch the sky with an apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    "Salary" is a trick conceived of by large corporations to keep the working class poor. Good luck dude, see you in the desert.

Really? I'm a salaried employee and I do just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

no bus

Quote Originally Posted by eNVyartist View Post
    sounds like something wal mart would do. fuck that place.

Cry me a fucking river you puss.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    Cry me a fucking river you puss.
    Boss? Sorry I talked shit. PLEASE don't lay me off.

LOL! But seriously, knock off the fucking whining. It's called life, sack it up dude.

Yeah, next time my wife's heart starts beating heavily out of rhythm, I'll sack it up. As a matter of fact, I'll just tell her to sack it up, also. Then I'll smack her in the back of the head.

Stay focused!!! I'm doing the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Yeah, because all those million dollar corporate executives just applied for the $500 an hour jobs.

Yeah, next time my wife's heart starts beating heavily out of rhythm, I'll sack it up. As a matter of fact, I'll just tell her to sack it up, also. Then I'll smack her in the back of the head.

I'm sorry. Sounds like you need your job more than ever.

What you can make your mind perceive and believe, you will achieve.

You can do it.

Edit: I really am sorry to hear about your wife. That you cant help. The job thing, change your attitude and you may be amazed what could come of it...
    Last edited by CalmerThanYou; 04-14-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks, Dr. Phil. I will try. I really do try to stay positive, but it's rough sometimes.